Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Unregonized PCM after in stalling updates

Default Unregonized PCM after in stalling updates

I just updated my version of efi live about 5 hours ago and I have been fighting with this for hours. I had 7.4 and updated to 7.55. I have noticed that the tune tool seem to get locked up more often (not loading up and not responding). After I loaded the drivers for RR and Flashscan I registered my efi live. I put in every number, letter, and got the date correct in the registration. I have done this about 15 times.

I have v1 flashscan so I don't know if that was the problem or not but man I wish I had my older verison of 7.4. This one has been nothing but problems for me. Does anyone have any suggetions?
    Car: 2002 WS6 M6
    Mods: TFS 215 Heads, 92mm LSX Intake Ported, Comp Cam, Yella Terra RR, Power Bond pulley, Melling Performance Oil Pump, Comp Cam Lifters, LS2 Timing Chain, Harden Pushrods, Textraila Clutch, Quarter Mile Performance lid, SLP Mass Air Sensor, SLP Smooth Flow Bellow, NW 92mm Throttle Body, NGK Plugs, MSD Wires, SLP Tuned Length Headers w/ORY, Magnaflow Exhaust, Tuning in progress
    RWHP:450 RWTQ:426

Hi esco35m,

I pm'd Tech Support.

Are you using WinXP or Vista...?

Vista
    Mods: TFS 215 Heads, 92mm LSX Intake Ported, Comp Cam, Yella Terra RR, Power Bond pulley, Melling Performance Oil Pump, Comp Cam Lifters, LS2 Timing Chain, Harden Pushrods, Textraila Clutch, Quarter Mile Performance lid, SLP Mass Air Sensor, SLP Smooth Flow Bellow, NW 92mm Throttle Body, NGK Plugs, MSD Wires, SLP Tuned Length Headers w/ORY, Magnaflow Exhaust, Tuning in progress

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

When installing under Vista, make sure you install as administrator, install for all users, and if you still have no luck, turn of UAC (User Access Control).

The "Unrecognized PCM" message will be displayed if the *.tun file you open, or the *.tun file you read from your vehicle, does not have a matching *.cal or *.calz file in the folder (and subfolders): \Program Files\EFILive\V7.5\Calibrations. By matching, I mean the *.cal or *.calz file must have the same name as the operating system number of the PCM that the *.tun file came from.

Sometimes after you have installed EFILive, Vista's security model prevents EFILive from seeing or reading some files. I recommend uninstalling and reinstalling with the suggestions in the first paragraph.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Would that still be the case if I not even trying to open a tune file. For example I open up the flashscan and just click on the tune tool icon in the tool bar. I still get demo mode or the unrecognized pcm. I will try to unistall and reinstall. I will try to follow your recommendation. I may have some questions along the way. Thank you for your help and quick response.

I have looked at some of my resent logs and noticed the last six digits of my vin #xxxxxx. Why did it change from when I did my orignal install of efi live? And could the flashscan have save that as my new vin? still waiting on download.

Which message are you getting?
    1. "Unrecognized PCM".
    or
    2. "Demo mode".

The messages mean completely different things.

1 means that the PCM you have is not yet supported by EFILive.
    2 means that your license information is not correct.

If you are getting 1, please refer to my previous post about *.calz files.
    If you are getting 2, please send you license details to me at paul@efilive.com and I will check they are correct.

Regards
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by esco35m View Post
    I have looked at some of my resent logs and noticed the last six digits of my vin #xxxxxx. Why did it change from when I did my orignal install of efi live? And could the flashscan have save that as my new vin? still waiting on download.
    EFILive drops off the last 6 identifying digits from the VIN when sending reports back to EFILive. That protects your privacy as it is impossible to track a VIN without those last six digits. EFILive won't reprogram the VIN in a controller unless you specifically ask it to, and then you have to enter the new VIN manually.
    The option to change the VIN is in the Scan Tool software under the Bi-directional ->Change VIN... menu option. You can use that roption to see the exact VIN that is programmed into your controller. (Or you can use the Flash->Show PCM Info window in the Tuning Tool software).

Regards
    Paul

I have been getting both. Install is complete and I will try your suggestion.

Hey Paul, I double clicked the scan and the unknown vehicle box opens like normal. The last time when it open up the vin drop down box had nothing in it. Now it has 2G2FV22G_22xxxxxx in the drop down box. Should I just enter my orignal vin like normal or the one above or the one I have seen in my last log. Sorry for so many questions just want to get this right.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast