Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Unregonized PCM after in stalling updates

If you have a back up license.txt just copy it to the User Configuration folder.
    New installs and sometimes update have been known to overwrite some or all
    saved files and settings, it can be like Russian Roulette.
    512k RoadRunner Firmware 12.14R
    FlashScan V2 Bootblock V2.07.04 Firmware V2.07.22 EFILive V7.5.7 (Build 191) V8.2.1 (Build 181)
    LC-1 WBO2

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by esco35m View Post
    Hey Paul, I double clicked the scan and the unknown vehicle box opens like normal. The last time when it open up the vin drop down box had nothing in it. Now it has 2G2FV22G_22xxxxxx in the drop down box. Should I just enter my orignal vin like normal or the one above or the one I have seen in my last log. Sorry for so many questions just want to get this right.
    When the Scan Tool asks for the VIN like that you can just enter 1G1xxxxxxxxxxxxxx. It really doesn't matter what you enter at that point.
    All the Scan Tool is looking for is the first 2 digits/letters of the VIN so it knows which enhanced PIDs to load (i.e. GM).

When the Scan Tool connects to your vehicle, it will update the selected VIN to the actual VIN from the vehicle.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Paul,

I don't know what happend but now it everything is working. I am so drained and happy at the same time. Everything appears to be working like normal. I wish I could tell you what I did but I really don't know. I had put in my normal vin in the scan tool and it kept giving me the demo for the tune tool. I then enter the vin#with xxxxxx and everything worked like normal. I am a little worried because if another update comes out I just have to use the vin with xxxxxxx instead of my normal vin. Thanks again for all your help and everyone else.
    Car: 2002 WS6 M6
    Mods: TFS 215 Heads, 92mm LSX Intake Ported, Comp Cam, Yella Terra RR, Power Bond pulley, Melling Performance Oil Pump, Comp Cam Lifters, LS2 Timing Chain, Harden Pushrods, Textraila Clutch, Quarter Mile Performance lid, SLP Mass Air Sensor, SLP Smooth Flow Bellow, NW 92mm Throttle Body, NGK Plugs, MSD Wires, SLP Tuned Length Headers w/ORY, Magnaflow Exhaust, Tuning in progress
    RWHP:450 RWTQ:426

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

The VIN you enter for the Scan Tool has no bearing on whether the Tuning Tool goes into demo mode or not. They are two completely separate things.

The Tuning Tool goes into "demo mode" when the license details are not present or incorrect.

However, even when the license details are not present or incorrect, the demo mode can be avoided by having FlashScan connected before starting the Tuning Tool software.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12