Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: How can I unlock a PCM

I just realized that I didn't do vortec 98-00 I did LS1 97-98. I bet that's where I screwed up. I'll go make and make sure I clicked the right one. I'll let you know.

Thanks in advance.
    -Joshua
    408 ECSB|244/248|WCCH 2.5 LSA|
    FLT4|COS3 SD EFI Live|FTI 4200|4.30's|truetrac|

To Err is Human. To ARRR is Pirate.

I notice your in Oklahoma vicious,so am I.
    Not sure where dover is from sallisaw,but I have another programming tool that's never had an issue with locked PCM's.
    Granted I've only tried it on 2 PCM's that I was told were "locked" by a tuner,and it downloaded fine.
    Let me know if your interested in trying that if you need too.

Just wanted to throw this out,not sure if it's true or not but you guy's mentioned the copyright deal.
    I was looking for options to tune a Dodge Neon,any software at all.
    New to them I checked out a few neon boards,and asked a couple questions.
    Immediately I had PM's telling me not to talking about programming on a Mopar(nicely).
    I was told that Mopar is the only car company that extends their patent licensing(or whatever it is) on their programming when it expires after a couple/few years.
    GM and Ford don't really practice this,and allow the patent/license to expire.
    It was mentioned that Mopar sues the crap out of anyone that breaks their code,not that it hasn't been done but it's not something you post about.
    I checked it out a little bit out of curiousity,and did notice that their was only a single custom tuner listed out there for them.
    Surprisingly the same tuner's programmed PCM's were also available through Mopar parts desks as factory upgrades.
    I also noticed the only aftermarket programmers available for most Mopars are module/piggyback style units.
    I haven't looked deeply into this,but still wouldn't mind knowing if the info was somewhat accurate on the copyrighting.

Quote Originally Posted by ViciousKnid View Post
    I just realized that I didn't do vortec 98-00 I did LS1 97-98. I bet that's where I screwed up. I'll go make and make sure I clicked the right one. I'll let you know.

Thanks in advance.
    Sounds fair, the Service Number on the PCM certainly matches a 98-00 Vortec PCM.

Quote Originally Posted by playtoy_18 View Post
    I also noticed the only aftermarket programmers available for most Mopars are module/piggyback style units.
    SCT have Mopar custom tuning software, have done since mid 2008 from memory, so the rumours might not be real.

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

It's been a couple years since I tried to find something to program that little car,glad to hear it's possible.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345