Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Update: May 20, 2013

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Default Update: May 20, 2013

EFILive encourages customers to use this public update in their production environments.

Important:
    This latest software update requires updated USB drivers (V2.08.28). You cannot use this version of the software with older versions of the USB drivers.
    If you are having difficulty connecting to FlashScan/AutoCal after installing this update, DO NOT DOWNGRADE THE USB DRIVERS.

Download here:

Updates:
    V7

• LS1 controllers no longer appear locked when attempting to read/flash.
    • Enabled GM.EOPS PID for all controllers - even though on stock F-bodies that PID will not return valid data.
    • *.cax files for some older controllers (such as the LS1) can now have user calibrations defined in the operating system area. Customers who choose to modify the OS area do so at their own risk. A new Property is available: Properties->Options->"Allow *.cax files to modify OS memory for some controllers" that can be used to suppress the warning message.

V8

• Custom units symbol name is now saved and loaded correctly in the BBX window.
    • Custom units and alarms are preserved during PID copy/paste operations.
    • PID selection order is preserved in BBX PID selection window.
    • Fixed "Error $0101" error on splash screen test button in EFILive Explorer.
    • VIN licenses are now automatically backed up to \My Documents\EFILive\V8\Backups whenever a controller is read or flashed in pass-thru mode.
    • Allow BBX and Scan windows to be made smaller without hiding the search text box.
    • USB 3.0 ports are now supported correctly.
    • E92 read and flash options are now supported.
    • Installing old drivers via EFILive_USBManager is not supported if V8.2.2.225 or later is installed (or if V7.5.7.231 or later is installed)

Firmware

• Fixed "Record All Diags" option to include freeze frames.
    • Fixed System Readiness Test results to display supported/not supported as well as the usual ready/not ready status.

Known Issues:
    Please post issues, questions, clarifications (large or small) in this thread.
    As issues are reported and confirmed they will be re-posted as "Known Issues" below.

• When View->Small Buttons is active, the "space available" indicator at the bottom of the [F5: BBX] window is missing. Workaround: deactivate the View->Small Buttons (Fixed in the next update).
    • Custom units are lost when opening or reading the Options.txt file in the BBX window. (Fixed in the next update).
    • Access Violation error may occur when reading the Options.txt file from FLashScan/AutoCal. (Fixed in the next update).
    • Black Box Logging shows corrupted display when retrieving SRT results . (Fixed in the next update).
    • PID DTCFRZF shows as <0002> in LS1 (and some other VPW controllers') freeze frame displays . (Fixed in the next update).

Version Numbers:
    After installing the latest release you should have the following software, boot block, firmware versions installed:
    EFILive V7 software: V7.5.7 Build 232
    To view the installed version, select Help->About (in the V7 Scan or Tune software).

EFILive V8 software: V8.2.2 Build 226
    To view the installed version, select Help->About (in the V8 Scan and Tune software).

Boot Block: V2.07.04 (Dec 12, 2011
    )
    To view the installed version, Select F7: Licenses (in the V8 Scan and Tune software).

Firmware: V2.07.41 (May 20, 2013)
    To view the installed version, Select F7: Licenses (in the V8 Scan and Tune software)
    Last edited by Blacky; May 24th, 2013 at 03:25 PM.
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Lifetime Member

Downloaded and checking it out now!

FYI, I looked at the V8 supported ECMs and there are 32 supported PCM/ECMs. I know ~8-10 are read and/or flash only, but still that's an impressive number! Plus 7 TCMs...
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by ScarabEpic22 View Post
    FYI, I looked at the V8 supported ECMs and there are 32 supported PCM/ECMs.
    Like kids, of that whole group there is a couple of them that give us the most trouble too
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Well so much for the E92 being super encrypted and unbreakable, awesome job guys!
    Head Calibrator
    Gwatney Performance Innovation
    Jacksonville, AR 501-982-2102

Does this update lock the dpf and egr functions on the diesels? Sorry if this has been covered elsewhere, i searched and found mention of this in past updates but no mention anywhere on this one.

They said they will make it clear when the restrictions are implemented.

We have primarily been working on new gas stuff this year so the Diesel calibrations have not been regenerated with the USA emissions defeat blocks, but it is still coming, you will be warned when that release happens.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    Like kids, of that whole group there is a couple of them that give us the most trouble too
    P10, early V6 stuff, and some other unsupported ECMs?
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

No, I meant the stuff from Germany

Hi
    I made firmware update tp efilive V2 and now the efilive program not recognize the V2 .
    I work with win xp
    The v2 work good and the PC recognize the v2 hardware
    I got message : No device connected.
    Please connect a FlashScan or AutoCal USB device.
    If a device is connected, ensure it is not being used by another application such as the EFILive V7.5 Scan
    Thanks
    shay

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast