Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Too many tables are missing in E78

I was just referring to the E78 trucks, thats all I have had an issues with. Everyone I know who has tuned them, we all had the same complaints. But I can see it from EFI's stand point also since I know E78 isnt a huge market.

Quote Originally Posted by wesam View Post
    Ross I don't know actually how Cruze and FI tuners could tune VVE or MAF if they don't have B8024,B8025 or if they can't put the car in OL because there is no control over O2
    the problem is not just idle parameters
    I can't answer on behalf of them, but so far it hasn't seemed to be causing anyone enough concern they have requested it.
    FYI, I have added B8024,B8025, something interesting, on the little engines GM have these set to 7200 & 7000 RPM.

Quote Originally Posted by minytrker View Post
    I was just referring to the E78 trucks, thats all I have had an issues with. Everyone I know who has tuned them, we all had the same complaints. But I can see it from EFI's stand point also since I know E78 isnt a huge market.
    I don't want this to come across the wrong way but certainly on the E78 side of things we see Cruze licences out doing trucks significantly (unless people don't bother entering in the details on the license fields for trucks), most of the local tuners I've spoken to playing with the Cruze can get the results they need with what is in the software now. Like our own little Cruze, we dropped that thing down in the 6's on a 0 to 60 with really no more than 10 or 15 tables needing to be changed.

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Thanks Ross for adding B8025,B8025
    What other tables you will try to add ?
    EFILive Tuner

Lifetime Member

Default Too many tables are missing in E78

Quote Originally Posted by wesam View Post
    Thanks Ross for adding B8025,B8025
    What other tables you will try to add ?
    Development is based on need, we added support for what we though was necessary for tuning for our initial release, after that point Additional tables are reviewed based on customer request.

If you still require further parameters you will need to request them. There is no point in adding tables for the sake of adding tables.

Cheers
    Cindy
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by cindy@efilive View Post
    Development is based on need, we added support for what we though was necessary for tuning for our initial release, after that point Additional tables are reviewed based on customer request.

If you still require further parameters you will need to request them. There is no point in adding tables for the sake of adding table
    Cheers
    Cindy
    I asked for some tables in my first post
    I hope if they could be added
    Thanks a lot
    Wesam
    EFILive Tuner

wesam, what Cindy meant was there is no point sitting there hoping for us to add things in, to begin with we only put in what we feel is required within the time limits assigned to each ECM for development. Once those base cals are done then we wait and hear what people request, for the E78 majority of people wanted more boost for the Cruze. You have made your thoughts known on what is needed (thanks) and I guess all I can say is those request will 'join the queue'. That doesn't mean they will never happen, it just means we can't drop everything to make it happen ASAP.

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    I can't answer on behalf of them, but so far it hasn't seemed to be causing anyone enough concern they have requested it.
    FYI, I have added B8024,B8025, something interesting, on the little engines GM have these set to 7200 & 7000 RPM.

Cheers,
    Ross
    Ross i update the software to the latest version but still can't see b8024 and b8025 in this OS
    EFILive Tuner

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    None of the above has been requested through support from the Cruze tuners, I'm not saying they are not important, I just walk a fine line between spending time on something not needed by the masses (at this point in time) and keeping every other customer happy.
    Quote Originally Posted by cindy@efilive View Post
    That's not what has been said. What has been said is that it hasn't been requested YET, and until this point the general need would be relatively low given the type of vehicles supported by that controller.

Rather than getting upset that they are not there, and assuming you'll never get them, you may find you get a better response by requesting support for those tables.

Cheers
    Cindy
    Sorry guys and gal. But that answer is fairly standard for all the things missing from many different controllers. I spent a month getting the 98-00 Vortec up to par of tuning and so it would work with all the tutorials as well and even gave you the locations from disassembleys on a silver plater. Your response was sorry... no time to go backwards as we are working on new things!

You have concurred quantity! Now concur quality!

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by EagleMark View Post
    Sorry guys and gal. But that answer is fairly standard for all the things missing from many different controllers. I spent a month getting the 98-00 Vortec up to par of tuning and so it would work with all the tutorials as well and even gave you the locations from disassembleys on a silver plater. Your response was sorry... no time to go backwards as we are working on new things!

You have concurred quantity! Now concur quality!
    Our software is free to download so that customers can make an accurate decision on whether it will meet their needs PRIOR to purchase. If our product doesn't meet your needs you need to find one that does - it's that simple. Did you evaluate the product before your purchase?

We don't claim to have every parameter in our software, and if that's what you are after, you really need a factory calibration tool not an aftermarket product.

The cost of development MUST be offset and deliver a measurable benefit. One request on a platform that is either 13 or 14 years old doesn't provide that return.

There are no parallels between your Vortec comments and E78 support. E78 is a current controller, initially released on a select few vehicles in 2011, with coverage expanding to additional models in 2012 and 2013, as such as this platform increases in vehicles and customer requests, additional support will be tabled.

Cheers
    Cindy

I was not looking for excuses. As always a great defense to your business model, but not much support for the tuner. People buy the best and expect it, most have no idea what's missing.

I wish it was only the Vortec... although you could have opened a huge Vortec market with work I gave you for free. The internet can change fast from knowing a product is not worth it to the best! There will always be more Vortec trucks that want to be tuned then a cruz. I have 8 year old software that has double parameters for Vortec and then another 20-30 I added. It's not that hard... I'll admit I did expect so much more from the best, instead I still have to do the hard work...

Just trying to open your eyes to the world outside your business model, I'd like to see you do well into the future, which includes improving the past. As always was meant for positive improvements to your product.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast