Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: FIC 1000cc INJECTORS + E85 - 2011 Cad CTS-V 6-speed M/T = Questions

Default FIC 1000cc INJECTORS + E85 - 2011 Cad CTS-V 6-speed M/T = Questions

2011 Cadillac CTS-V
    6-speed car
    33% OD lower pulley. Full Length headers. Brian Tooley Cam. Deatschwerks twin 300c's

I've tuned this car once before where he was having fuel pump issue's. It was on the stock injectors along with the stock fuel pumps.
    He ran out of fuel pump. So the customer decided to swap out the fuel pumps for the DW300c's and the modded FPCM. He also decided to add in the E85 sensor and get everything tuned at once.

I made some preliminary dyno pulls with the stock injectors and the E85 to make sure everything was working good...which it was! I was not taking the car up that high in RPM due to the lack of injector. So I kept it under 4k RPM's with no real issue.

I swap injectors....
    Fuel Injection Connection 1000cc injectors

I have NO experience with these injectors. But the data sheet I received from them seemed to be of good quality even taking the time to explain how to get a 100+lb injector to work in a processor that only supports up to a 60lb injector. Now, I'm an ID1000 fan! They look like ID1000's, without the cost. But, I figured with good injector data....

So, I decided to give it a shot....and I ran into issue's!!!!!!!!!!!

So, I'm getting really inconsistent A/F readings on the dyno. One pull i'm at 11.5-11.7. The next pull it goes into the 12's....

Does anyone have any experience with the FIC injectors?
    Would someone mind taking a look at my file and letting me know where I went wrong?

I only scaled it back 20%. I wanted to go slow with tuning and I didn't want to loose my resolution so I figured I would go slow and easy and scale back my airflow tables accordingly as needed.

Thank you for the help!

(E-67) Adam Smith 2011 CTSV Manual (12639469)_E85-1000cc(Fuel Injector Conn.)00004.ctzwot 4.efi

Can you also post the before file (so I can verify the scaling).

Do the AFR's vary like that at idle only, or thru out the rpm range...?

Your B4001 indicates that the FPR is un-referenced, I take it that this is so.

(E-67) Adam Smith 2011 CTSV Manual (12639469)_E85_00003.ctz(E-67) Adam Smith 2011 CTSV Manual (12639469)_E85_00003.ctz

I think I attached it twice.

Ok, with the cam, I see a wide swing on the W/B. I don't worry too much about that.

During the pull, I'm seeing a swing from one pull to the next. First pull will be 11.5 - 11.8. Second pull (not touching or flashing the ECU) I see 11.5 - 12.3
    Then, when I hit about 4000 RPM's, it goes really rich.
    So I'm not sure I got my scaling correct. Or if I'm missing something....

B4001 - You are correct!
    The fuel pumps mess with the FPCM.

Just thinking here...
    FIC injectors are just modified stock injectors. They use a "stock" OEM and modify them.

What do you think if I just put the injector data back to stock? Then max out the injector size perimeter (sorry, I don't have the table number right in front of me). Then scale the MAF back accordingly.
    Now...that's going to change my load! So I may have to go through the spark tables and multipliers! But that's ok!

How's my thinking on this?
    Has this ever been done before with these injectors?

The E67 has a limit of 127lb so you shouldn't have to scale the injector flow base. Don't put the stock injector back in; use the FIC provided data. Some tuners even use the ID1000 data for these injectors.

Thank you for the response.

I came to that same conclusion after some trial and error along with analyzing the Delta kPa table.

And I'm glad I'm not the only one that wouldn't use "stock" injector data! That just seems stupid to me.
    I plugged in the FIC data. Good tip on the ID thing though. They look damn near identical.

I do need some more help.

Anyone familiar with Parameter: B8024 and B8025? High Speed Mode Enter/Exit?

I set it sky high and the car flat lines during a pull at 4k RPM's (which, coincidentally, is the stock setting).
    I set it at 1800 and my A/F's go RICH and the car has NO power.

So I'm wondering where these tables tie in.
    What do they do?

Any insight would be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by GR8GAME View Post
    I do need some more help.

Anyone familiar with Parameter: B8024 and B8025? High Speed Mode Enter/Exit?

I set it sky high and the car flat lines during a pull at 4k RPM's (which, coincidentally, is the stock setting).
    I set it at 1800 and my A/F's go RICH and the car has NO power.

So I'm wondering where these tables tie in.
    What do they do?

Any insight would be appreciated.
    Don't set it higher than stock; if anything you might have to lower them depending on the car and mods. Those are set points that determines when the ECM switches to and from the MAF exclusively. I have a heavily modded ZL1 and set it at 2200/2300. Car runs fine. I also tune my friend's 09 CTS-V and have it set higher (but lower than stock).

Quote Originally Posted by DrkPhx1 View Post
    Don't set it higher than stock; if anything you might have to lower them depending on the car and mods. Those are set points that determines when the ECM switches to and from the MAF exclusively. I have a heavily modded ZL1 and set it at 2200/2300. Car runs fine. I also tune my friend's 09 CTS-V and have it set higher (but lower than stock).
    Awesome information...I appreciate it!

Also, I input the ID1000 data for shit's and giggles...what a difference!!!! The STFT and LTFT are a LOT closer and there isn't any sort of "misfire" feel, if you will. It's steady as can be and drives like a stock injector.
    My modified FIC injector data was, about, the same way. The thing is, I don't feel I should have to modify the injector data (except for, maybe, pressure differential) when they cost this much and come with "data". And both ways feel a TON better then the "stock" injector data modified for just flow rate (which is what was in this vehicle from another tuner).

So, any other tips you want to throw my way?
    I'm down to listen...Hahahahaha.

It's not unusual to have to tweak the data. I've tuned both FIC and ID injectors and had to tweak data in both cases.. no big deal. Your commanded lambda at WOT is rich; shoot for .75-.78. The log shows .66. You can run a little more timing with E85 even with 15 psi of boost and also smooth/fill the WOT region of the spark table so there are no dips at WOT.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast