Page 10 of 32 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: EFILive 2.8L Duramax E98 ECM Support

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by dansdieselp View Post
    My truck does the same thing from time to time. My guess is it comes up based on miles. Kinda like the maintenance burn that Ross suggested. Be nice if we had the ability to kill that CAN message cause even though it isn't actually regening it does make the DIC useless until next key cylce.
    **Removed

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by hacklerjason; January 17th, 2020 at 05:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by hacklerjason View Post
    That throttle lag is in your torque limiting tables... In the USA one table number is B5100 Torque Limit By RPM... For me, I took those values and maxed them out to 886... HUGE improvement... There was a lot of lag built into the tune by gm in the USA... The table where off idle lag is on my ecm is B5103torque limit by RPM and Coolant Temp.. There were torque numbers as low as 239 ft lb@600rpm@176
    Have you played around with these on a dyno? when i did, the fueling increased dramatically to the point i could get it to under 1 lambda at full power.

Removed Tre-Cool HPT plug
    Last edited by GMPX; September 30th, 2016 at 09:43 AM.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tre-Cool View Post
    Have you played around with these on a dyno? when i did, the fueling increased dramatically to the point i could get it to under 1 lambda at full power.
    Admin Edit:... This isn't the place for that though...
    You are right, but Tre-Cool has always insisted on posting offensive screen shots and comparisons on our forum, even when it highlights errors in others software that might ultimately help them fix it. No tact!

I have not played with those differences on a dyno but I know for a fact it makes a huge improvement... I dont have numbers.. I do notice though with smoke and torque limits lifted its a lot more fun to drive and I haven't even changed fuel tables, just the limits applied to those... As far as desired vs actual boost, I will have to run a scan tomorrow to see but I don't recall that standing out to me... If you change the desired boost tables they still have to be below the boost limits... Also... To be perfectly honest, after switching back to efi I have come to realize at least one of the params don't function.. In hpt smoke limiter did not change performance..

Last edited by hacklerjason; September 30th, 2016 at 05:21 PM.

Looks like after some closer inspection the V8 logger has desired boost pid and bunch of others i was using hpt for.

Thank Fck for that. was getting annoying changing cables around all the time.

We don't add PID's to V7 now, haven't for a while, V8 Scantool is what gets new things added.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    We don't add PID's to V7 now, haven't for a while, V8 Scantool is what gets new things added.
    Moving forward, never back

Okay so i tried to use the v8 scanner and none of the e98 specific pids are working for me. yet they do in v7.5. (using latest beta & firmware) I was logging a drive today and had a crash error popup but as soon as i clicked okay the data logging continued.

Luckily i screen shot it so i'll post it up shortly when im on my laptop. I was also getting script error when trying to do the data scanning option - yellow button.

Desired boost works, however some others also do work in 7.5 but not in v8.

Lifetime Member

@gmpx can we do feature requests in here? Im looking for the PID for EGR Temp Sensor 1... This one is installed in the exhaust manifold from the factory and on my generic obd scanner its called EGRT1&2 ... I wont be needing number 2, its after the EGR cooler and wont be useful in monitoring temps...

Yeah that is fine, I'll take a look at the PID for that sensor (I'll just do both at once).
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    Yeah that is fine, I'll take a look at the PID for that sensor (I'll just do both at once).
    Great! That would be awesome! Although, I have heard some people saying not so good things about the accuracy of that on board sensor... I will have to confirm that with infrared pyrometer... As you can imagine, its hard to do loaded tests of the temp sensor that is under the hood without being strapped to a dyno

Page 10 of 32 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast