Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: E38 / E67 VATS disable guide

Thanks Taz for all the help. I'll try a full flash again later tonight and see what happens.

I'm a Gen III guy as well, i've done a handfull of E38's in stock cars but this is my first conversion. Didn't think disabling VATS would be such a pain! lol

I'll let you know how it goes tonight.

Thanks again!
    Brad

If the full flash fails, try grounding the "Starter Relay Control" wire through an 80 ohm resistor or the trigger of a bosch relay. On an 08' it should be(IM guessing cause I don't know the exact app.) pin 52 Connector X1, yellow/black wire.

I had so much trouble disabling Vats that I did the unthinkable and it was a piece of cake....
    2008 2WD Ext.Cab Silverado 1500 6.0 V-MAX E38(L76) & T42(4L70E) MAF Only CL Corvette Servo AFE CAI INNOVATIVE LM-2 WBO2

FLASHSCAN V2 & AUTOCAL

Quote Originally Posted by GAMEOVER View Post
    I had so much trouble disabling Vats that I did the unthinkable and it was a piece of cake....
    What did you do...?

Lifetime Member

I had a hard time to but didnt do the unthinkable just took 3 hrs of trying differant setting,now after a reflash it dies up to 3 times then keeps runing and will restart every time if I dont reflash it.

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    What did you do...?
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX...

Edit: GMPX
    Sorry Gameover, you can't give people the impression our VATS disable doesn't work and the only solution is to do it via other products, I know there was issues with the starter relay causing problems but that has been confirmed fixed on quite a number of year models.
    Everyone, be sure to check your DTC's too, the ECM will tell you why it won't let the engine start!
    Last edited by GMPX; January 12th, 2011 at 04:54 PM.
    2008 2WD Ext.Cab Silverado 1500 6.0 V-MAX E38(L76) & T42(4L70E) MAF Only CL Corvette Servo AFE CAI INNOVATIVE LM-2 WBO2

FLASHSCAN V2 & AUTOCAL

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by 69camaro5speed View Post
    I had a hard time to but didnt do the unthinkable just took 3 hrs of trying differant setting,now after a reflash it dies up to 3 times then keeps runing and will restart every time if I dont reflash it.
    What do you mean here?

If it's what I am thinking you mean, that behaviour is not uncommon when disabling VATs and after a flash. Sometimes they kick immediately, sometimes takes a couple shots. May be something to do with the start up fueling. Never bothered to get to the bottom of it, but regardless of VATs method it seems to pop up from time to time. VATs disable is very reliable, but different ECM's do exhibit odd behavior at times. But it may be a coincidence.

Lifetime Member

I am using my e-38 for engine dynoing our 58x stuff,I have run about 12 engines with it in sd using our dyno starter (not sure about the starter thing guys are talking about) and virtual ve tuning (efilive rocks)this is the operating system i am using 12622142 and the setting that works for me,I did the patch and ever thing full flash
    LABELS VATS Enable
    Parameters Value
    {G1204} VATS Enable No
    {G1205} VATS Auto learn Enable Yes
    {G1206} VATS Required To Run No
    {G1208} VATS Fail Diagnostic Disabled
    {G1209} VATS Mode No
    {G1210} VATS Type Type 3
    {G1211} Remote Start Allowed Yes
    {G1214} Relearn Count 1.000000 Counts
    {G1215} Relearn Timer 1.000000 Seconds
    {G1216} Theft Relearn Password Yes, some times it starts right up,but most of time 3 small tryes,after that it runs it starts perfict every time (like it does a quick relearn),doing a ls3 2010 camaro package next day or so looking forward to trying my new map for auto tune ross showed me at pri ( I was thinking it was more complicated then that)
    IT was nice seeing some faces with names at pri,wow I dont know how they keep from going crazy trying to figure out all this but very thankfull they work so hard at it

If I recall it was the 2009+ OS's that would shut off the injectors if the starter relay was not connected, when we added the cal to change the starter relay type it fixed that issue.
    I could see a more positive look in your eyes at the end of your mini Virtual VE table training session at PRI, mission accomplished, that alone justified your airfares
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Ok, going out tonight to try a full reflash again.

Now my next question. Right now when i open the tune file, the file for the operating system patches does not come up?? It was yesterday.. lol I've done everything from closing and reopening to restarting. Still wont come up now.. Ugh! Any idea's?

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast