Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: E83B ECU Torque Limits

not yet, im still topping out at 288nm though. I will have a play with a hpt cable soon to see if there is something im missing, but considering im already maxing out the stock injectors there may not be much more in it until I upgrade them.

It definitely needs a decat pipe off the turbo, I got that glowing red hot the other day.

the file you posted still has limiters around 288Nm... FYI

E83B_0020.ctzE83_0393.efi

This is the current tune. I used this tonight at the drags and dropped over .5 second and gained near on 3mph.

Log is from the drive home.

send me your email and i will send u the hpt version of the stock file.

commanded power tables dont make much of a difference power wise, but it does help along with max airflow and timing mostly.

I have also had a play with the fan settings again in the posted tune and they do run more now, but weirdly enough the temperature doesn't change as much as you think it would. Which is strange considering the stock calibration seems to allow the coolant temp to drop down to 86c after some wot shifts.

Kind of like a engine cool down option based on say requested torque over time. That's the best explanation I can give for it.

So I realise not many people are probably looking at this thread as it relates to "economy" cars. haha but worked out why what was holding the car back from making any decent power... and it can be fixed by turning one factory setting off.

Unfortunatly, Efilive doesn't have it in the calz yet but I'm sure they will have it soon. hpt have it listed under the torque management area and call it "torque shaping". What this does is put what feels like a 3-5 second delay between when the motor is told to accelerate/increase hp to when it actually does. I can't report how well this translates to the automatics but for the manual cars it's makes a huge difference.

Similar for when the first e38 cars came out and have the delay between pedal movement and etc movement. Turning this one feature off instantly removes the delay & possibly any torque limitations.

How do I know, what better way than to show it.

While not exactly a back to back comparison, considering the fuel/boost changes. but I haven't touched the timing map from the 98 tune.

While making more power is 1 thing, Drivability is beyond good. It's how the factory should of made it as it was borderline dangerous, the best example I can give is say your coming to a roundabout and see a clear gap that will get you driving straight though, but you've slowed down to a rolling pace of 5-10kph in 2nd gear.
    you push the pedal down, oh what's that. the car's not accelerating and you've just rolled out on to the road and now a car's coming. Shit's about to get real!!
    my solution was to clutch dump the pos to get the rev's up because the stupid ecu is commanding -10 degrees timing. (clutching in, instantly switched it to a different map/setting)

now, I can roll along in 3rd gear and have instant acceleration.

That's the kind of difference that 1 setting makes!
    Last edited by Tre-Cool; June 2nd, 2014 at 03:24 AM.

good feedback, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Tre-Cool View Post
    So I realise not many people are probably looking at this thread as it relates to "economy" cars. haha but worked out why what was holding the car back from making any decent power... and it can be fixed by turning one factory setting off.

Unfortunatly, Efilive doesn't have it in the calz yet but I'm sure they will have it soon. hpt have it listed under the torque management area and call it "torque shaping". What this does is put what feels like a 3-5 second delay between when the motor is told to accelerate/increase hp to when it actually does. I can't report how well this translates to the automatics but for the manual cars it's makes a huge difference.

Similar for when the first e38 cars came out and have the delay between pedal movement and etc movement. Turning this one feature off instantly removes the delay & possibly any torque limitations.

How do I know, what better way than to show it.

While not exactly a back to back comparison, considering the fuel/boost changes. but I haven't touched the timing map from the 98 tune.

While making more power is 1 thing, Drivability is beyond good. It's how the factory should of made it as it was borderline dangerous, the best example I can give is say your coming to a roundabout and see a clear gap that will get you driving straight though, but you've slowed down to a rolling pace of 5-10kph in 2nd gear.
    you push the pedal down, oh what's that. the car's not accelerating and you've just rolled out on to the road and now a car's coming. Shit's about to get real!!
    my solution was to clutch dump the pos to get the rev's up because the stupid ecu is commanding -10 degrees timing. (clutching in, instantly switched it to a different map/setting)

now, I can roll along in 3rd gear and have instant acceleration.

That's the kind of difference that 1 setting makes!
    gee Dave. After all the mechanical changes, fuels blah blah...you have as much power as the oilers at 3800rpm...

http://www.efilive.com/latest/cat/ne...ease-software/

easy to see the value pack of the Cruize range...whilst the spark engine is looking for rpm...the diesel is gone!

I took a good look at the diesel option before I purchased this car, however the down fall is you can't get one in the hatchback and im not a fan of the sedan rear end.

So a petrol turbo hatchback was the logical choice. there is plenty of value in both, the downside for the petrol models is who ever calibrated the tune in them was purely looking for fuel economy as they keep them running stoich at 12psi up to 4k rpm.

Actually the guy at Holden that made these two decisions needs a new job:

1 - Sat Nav only on SRi models
    2 - No Diesel option on SRi models.

But I want a Diesel with a Sat Nav........go buy a $20K Hyundai and you can have all that
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    Actually the guy at Holden that made these two decisions needs a new job:

1 - Sat Nav only on SRi models
    2 - No Diesel option on SRi models.

But I want a Diesel with a Sat Nav........go buy a $20K Hyundai and you can have all that
    That is exactly what I wanted! an SRI-V Diesel. but noooo.. can only get it in a cdx with the ugly sedan ass-end.

My best mate has an old i30 diesel and the new santa-fe for his mrs, interior on the santa fe is very nice. Something like that in a small car/hatch back would be great.

Downside... they run a bosch edc17 controller.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast