Thread: LML Programming

Default LML Programming

I may be trying to do something that is impossible. Lately I have been trying to flash E85B operating system into other ECM types in hopes to remove the tune with EFI Live. Whenever you attempt to program a incompatible OS you are prompt to enter a passcode and I have even got pass that but have not found a ECM that will accept the program yet. And been thinking even if I do find a ECM to accept the flash will EFI live support reading the mismatched ECM/OS. I been told Ford uses the E85 ECM and is not tune locked but unsure if TIS will support flashing a Ford ecm. GM seems to be using newer OS/Segment configurations on the 2015 models finding a working OS with correct segments can be time consuming and frustrating to boot. I know tuning is all about testing and finding what works but it would be nice to start with the correct base tune. I know it is possible to do this with 3rd party equipment but I am trying to keep the cost down.
    Thanks
    Mike

Bosch EDC17's (like the LML Duramax uses) are not all the same, there is maybe 40 or 50 different EDC17's used with many different manufacturers, whilst the core design might be similar the software between them is certainly not interchangeable. Even the switch from E86A to E86B the ECM hardware and software is completely different.
    Unfortunately TIS has been putting a lot of restrictions on its use lately, in fact the trouble you ran in to I'm not sure how a small time repair shop could get that ECM passcode as it is a dealer level thing as far as I am aware. With the restrictions and protection put in place by Bosch/GM on the E86 people have had to outlay $10K in Euro tuning hardware to get a base starting point. Some of the tuners out there with that equipment can provide you the exact base tune for a small fee.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    Bosch EDC17's (like the LML Duramax uses) are not all the same, there is maybe 40 or 50 different EDC17's used with many different manufacturers, whilst the core design might be similar the software between them is certainly not interchangeable. Even the switch from E86A to E86B the ECM hardware and software is completely different.
    Unfortunately TIS has been putting a lot of restrictions on its use lately, in fact the trouble you ran in to I'm not sure how a small time repair shop could get that ECM passcode as it is a dealer level thing as far as I am aware. With the restrictions and protection put in place by Bosch/GM on the E86 people have had to outlay $10K in Euro tuning hardware to get a base starting point. Some of the tuners out there with that equipment can provide you the exact base tune for a small fee.
    Thanks

We have the "European Hardware" in house, we can provide you any base file for any 2011-2015 as Ross stated.

It is a direct boot pin read with 3rd party software and then another program to import it into EFI-Live as a compatible file.

Our web site has automated ordering as well.
    www.mscservices.net

Tuner of many, many Duramax and Cummins Diesels.

Quote Originally Posted by GMC-2002-Dmax View Post
    We have the "European Hardware" in house, we can provide you any base file for any 2011-2015 as Ross stated.

It is a direct boot pin read with 3rd party software and then another program to import it into EFI-Live as a compatible file.

Our web site has automated ordering as well.
    Thanks I have your website saved.
    Mike