Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: Release Candidate 7, Dec 22, 2011

E6510 VATS shows enabled in my tune. Would it help if I sent you the tune or is it not specific to an individual tune?

Sorry I did not post it to be used for the new update. Only for the guy that needed to go back to the build (180) that will be missing tables that was there before they completely uninstalled. Happy New Everyone

Thanks Ross for putting that WARNING out there for others
    Last edited by 06redram; December 31st, 2011 at 01:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MQ105 View Post
    E6510 VATS shows enabled in my tune. Would it help if I sent you the tune or is it not specific to an individual tune?
    It won't help sorry because I don't actually know 100% what causes the SKIM code to get set. I thought it was when the VATS was disabled.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    It won't help sorry because I don't actually know 100% what causes the SKIM code to get set. I thought it was when the VATS was disabled.
    What is different in the new software that I am getting codes vs. the previous release that worked with no codes?

That I don't know either, what things have you changed in the tune since the update?
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Everything in the tune is the same as it was in the previous update, except the addition of the trans tables. I haven't made any changes to the transmission tables yet.

For the guys having the P0602 code and the ghosts haunting your tunes, make a visit to the dealer.

I was having some major ghost's and the checksum code problems but after the fresh dealer flash all is perfect.

It only takes about an hour and to have mine flashed only cost me 55.00 at my local Dodge dealer.
    06 QCLB, DRW
    Single pump
    Single turbo
    EFILive 772hp 1398tq

gordon@innovativediesel.com

Good to hear Dodge74! It really makes me when a tuning platform lies about their product. They say "returns truck back to stock," but in fact DOES NOT and banks on most people's ignorance, that they won't know the difference until they run into situations such as we have doing things the RIGHT way..tuning with EFILive.
    06 5.9L, EFILive / Silver Bullet Tuning
    06 LBZ, EFILive

Right now I am working on a final P0602 solution. It will restore the ECM's checksum routines to stock so when EFILive calculates the checksums everything works as it should and no P0602. As we've discovered, "return to stock" unfortunately leaves in the ECM the botched checksum routines at least two of the box tuners use.
    We've also added and tested the function to edit the VIN directly in the V7 tune tool so you can change the VIN prior to flashing the ECM to avoid those SKIM codes if you flash a file from another truck.
    I'm still not opposed with still starting fresh from a dealer reflash because there may be other ghosts left over from the box tuner "return to stock".

I had a customer flash a .ctz file from this release into an LBZ truck and had some interesting things happen. The truck would only run on non-DSP, and would shut off immediately once the switch was switched to any DSP1-4. We tried a full reflash on the truck and then it wouldn't even click (no-start). The customer has the latest RC7 and both firmware/bootblock updates.

Flashing the same tune in with V7.5 works fine. Truck runs as it should.

Nick

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast