Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Update: June 06, 2013

Quote Originally Posted by kangsta View Post
    The notes I was referring to was against the cal number in EFILive not the tune file.
    Well I have no idea why I've done that so many times and when re opened it was not there? Now it's working?

Where does that file save? Wonder if I had a folder permission wrong?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Brads_rs View Post
    Just installed the updated version of both V7.5 and V8. V8 works fine. The tuning software however does not. Program locks up when starting up (detecting V2 flash scan). If i unplug the V2 the software starts up just fine, only freezes when i have the v2 connected. I tried reinstalling several times, with no luck. V2 has updated firmware and boot block. USB drivers are current. I have to be overlooking something. Please help
    Any luck on the fix yet?

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by EagleMark View Post
    Well I have no idea why I've done that so many times and when re opened it was not there? Now it's working?

Where does that file save? Wonder if I had a folder permission wrong?

Thanks!
    \My Documents\EFILive\V7.5\User Configuration\Notes

Note: the notes are stored in text files named after the calibration ID like this: B0101.txt.
    It is possible that different controller types use the same calibration name for different calibrations, so you will see the notes you saved for the Bxxxx calibration for say an LS1, showing up in a calibration of the same name for other controller types. The notes you entered for an LS1 might not be relevant for those other controller types. I recommend making your notes unambigous - i.e. adding a "note" to your notes that explains for which controller (and possibly even which OS) the notes are actually relevent.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brads_rs View Post
    Any luck on the fix yet?
    I've just heard back from FTDI last night. I have started a new thread to manage the issue.
    http://forum.efilive.com/showthread....764#post193764

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Quote Originally Posted by Blacky View Post
    \My Documents\EFILive\V7.5\User Configuration\Notes

Note: the notes are stored in text files named after the calibration ID like this: B0101.txt.
    It is possible that different controller types use the same calibration name for different calibrations, so you will see the notes you saved for the Bxxxx calibration for say an LS1, showing up in a calibration of the same name for other controller types. The notes you entered for an LS1 might not be relevant for those other controller types. I recommend making your notes unambigous - i.e. adding a "note" to your notes that explains for which controller (and possibly even which OS) the notes are actually relevent.

Regards
    Paul
    Thanks for the tips! Now that it is working without the tips it could have been an issue!

That folder was one affected with permission issues in old laptop, so the cause of it not working was my fault, well actually a security program fault...

Quote Originally Posted by EagleMark View Post
    Thanks for the tips! Now that it is working without the tips it could have been an issue!

That folder was one affected with permission issues in old laptop, so the cause of it not working was my fault, well actually a security program fault...
    Yes it really is a good feature to have User notes againts a calibration. I have most of the commercial tuning software out there and they all do the same things in different ways but the more you dig into EFILive the more unique class leading features you find

Thanks again to the EFILive team for their openess and flexible approach to their software. I'd been using the User Notes section for so long I 'almost' took it for granted till I saw your post EagleMark.

This might be a dumb questions since I already checked the supported vehicles and it does not say anything on E92s on the website yet but when are you guys planning on adding the new calibrations for the E92s?

Default Re: Update: June 06, 2013

Has anyone else had problems with the V2 corrupting SD cards? So far it has happened to me twice. Once with a 512MB card and the second time with a brand new 4GB card. The V2 will be happily logging, then I'll hear it beep, I look at it and it says saving {filename}.efi, then if I try logging again, I get file or folder not found. When I read it in a PC, there is no good data on it. I'm running the latest public release.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by neovitwin View Post
    This might be a dumb questions since I already checked the supported vehicles and it does not say anything on E92s on the website yet but when are you guys planning on adding the new calibrations for the E92s?
    E92 support is in the latest release, from memory that controller is presently only used on 2014 Trucks. Our website hasn't been maintained because we are switching to our new website in the coming weeks and maintaining two is just too much work, you also find other controllers missing on our current site - E39A springs to mind.

Cheers
    Cindy

Quote Originally Posted by cindy@efilive View Post
    E92 support is in the latest release, from memory that controller is presently only used on 2014 Trucks. Our website hasn't been maintained because we are switching to our new website in the coming weeks and maintaining two is just too much work, you also find other controllers missing on our current site - E39A springs to mind.
    Well, it reads my truck info just fine. However, it says that the OS is not supported. I checked the E92 folder and it is indeed empty

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast