Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Vortec Calc VET Auto Tune, Final Answer!

For CALC.DAT you could use IAT or some blend of IAt and ECT (with IAT being dominant).

I don't think EFILive have the time to revisit the Vortec (what you see is all they found back when)... do you want me to ask...?

( hmmm, this means it becomes difficult to do AutoVE )

How does vehicle run with the Calc.VET corrected MAF and calculated VE...?

( notice I use the words "corrected" and "calculated" with specific semantics )

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    For CALC.DAT you could use IAT or some blend of IAt and ECT (with IAT being dominant).

How does vehicle run with the Calc.VET corrected MAF and calculated VE...?

( notice I use the words "corrected" and "calculated" with specific semantics )
    I'm catching up to your specific!

For now laymans terms.

My tune was close, done the old fashion way with WB, math and smoothing, not a lot of Mods, just a sweet clean shop truck I bouhgt. I then applied this tutorial stuff, calculated data OL and with WB made corrections to VE, checked data and was good. Then went CL and did the same and there was not much even worth changing. This was for VE.

Was working on MAF after that last post. Same thing, OL then CL, works well. MAF Freq was untouched before data today. After data it was spot on to 7000hz, from there to 9000hz needed correction. After correction data was spot on. I have not done anything SD/MAF disconnected.

Without the B4901 table being there to confirm it's just a guess... but it is working as is, just as it should so I'm guessing the table is there and accurate.

So AutoVE may be out for now, this PCM does have a back up VE table but it is half size of main VE. Not sure any more calc-pid work is needed for the GM.DYNxxx air stuff, we have a plan! I sure learned a lot about calc-pids! Reading the tutorials it tells you exactly what to do and in the end it works, but you never get an understanding of how and why! Man I am now trying to apply it to something else... still working on full understanding.

Truck runs awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    I don't think EFILive have the time to revisit the Vortec (what you see is all they found back when)... do you want me to ask...?
    Heck yeah! Besides what I noted there are a few other things, I'll beta test.

If I can find them I'm sure the pros could do better. Make this 98-00 vortec worthy of the EFI Live name! Want to really turn some heads? Lean Cruise!

Look at all the dead ends in this forum? Look all over the net and it's the same answer, swap to 0411! Why? I just found all the issues and answers! Most Vortec builds are done well within the means of this PCM and the limits of the intake, it's a truck after all, not a race car!

Lifetime Member

Id love to see a little more Vortec support, but I doubt EFILive will invest the dev time. Jesse at Wait4Me might be persuaded to look for more tables depending on what exactly we need.

But Ross and Jesse know if they open this can o worms that Ill start bugging them for another P10 update...lol. I dont want to get banned from here!
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

calc_pid low and high?

Since we changed this it does not look right for low and high?

Code:
      #Units             Low          High      Fmt  Expression
    #------------ ------------- ------------- ---- --------------------------------------------------------------

*CLC-00-032
    factor             0             4         .0  "{GM.AFR_B}=14.20"

*CLC-00-110
    factor             0.5           1.5       .4  "{EXT.WO2AFR1}/{GM.AFR_B}"

The low and high are the chart/gauge min/max tick marks.

calc_pid file is cool!

Is there a known list of *CLC-xx-xxx numbers? I'd like to re-number these as specific to what's needed here.

Nevermind, I see CLC in sae-genaric start at *CLC-00-900 so any below 900 would be OK...

OK looking for some testers!

Here's a calc-pid.txt file needed and a picture of PID selection. The calc_pid list has a few more then needed and so does PID selection, I'm still working on MAdisconnecteded because those PIDS do not exist on the Votec.

Some of the calc PIDS are same as others, the ones that have been modified for the Vortec version have been given new *CLC numbers.

All directions for all tutorials apply for what ever data your trying to get, read them and create your MAPS.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Vortec-PID.jpg 
Views:	152 
Size:	151.5 KB 
ID:	14381  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by EagleMark; January 12th, 2013 at 05:25 PM.

Looks good.

For CLC-00-033 (CALC.CL) I would make the low/high values something like 0/1 (full scale is whole chart) or 0/4 (full scale is lower 1/4 chart), -3/1 (full scale is upper 1/4 chart); and you can set the precision for this to .0 since you don't need decimal fraction digits (it's a true(1)/false(0) value).

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast