Thread: VGT tables for my 2014 Colorado

Default VGT tables for my 2014 Colorado

This is basically a request for VGT tables to be available for my calibration file from my 2014 Holden Colorado. Scotts Colorado.ctz.
    I hope EFILIVE can help.

Cheers
    Scotty
    2008 HSV GTS LS3

Gee.... 88 views and not a reply from the guys at EFI Live..... thats disappointing... considering the bigger diesels are supported with these tables :(
    2008 HSV GTS LS3

Sorry Scott,

When you say the bigger Diesels I'm guessing you mean the Bosch based 6.6L Duramax or the 6.7L Cummins? Well they are different ECM's so you can't compare feature sets between different ECM types.
    Re the VGT tables on the Holden Colorado, we couldn't find them I think was the issue
    Pretty sure the E98 is smart enough that it doesn't need forced VGT positions via tables, it trims it to get the desired boost pretty well......but then I am not a tuner so don't take my word on that as the be all end all.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    Sorry Scott,

When you say the bigger Diesels I'm guessing you mean the Bosch based 6.6L Duramax or the 6.7L Cummins? Well they are different ECM's so you can't compare feature sets between different ECM types.
    Re the VGT tables on the Holden Colorado, we couldn't find them I think was the issue
    Pretty sure the E98 is smart enough that it doesn't need forced VGT positions via tables, it trims it to get the desired boost pretty well......but then I am not a tuner so don't take my word on that as the be all end all.
    Cheers for that
    To let you know that your opposition HP Tuners software does have the VGT tables available for editing for my specific calibration but I don't use their system. I have only viewed their tables as being available.
    I was more interested in the tables for exhaust brake editing capabilities as we small folk here in New Zealand and Australia with our Colorado's, don't have an exhaust brake switch installed on our models like the American Colorado's do..... The VGT vein in the turbo is actually what does the exhaust braking by fully closing.
    I do a lot of heavy towing with my Colorado so it would be nice to be able to maximize exhaust braking capabilities from actual editing of the tune.

Cheers
    Scotty
    2008 HSV GTS LS3

I realise the ECM has the tables, but EFILive has not been able to locate them in the tunes.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

I realise the ECM has the tables, but EFILive has not been able to locate them in the tunes.
    Any chance of this to be looked into to find them?
    2008 HSV GTS LS3

When we initially mapped these (and subsequent revisits) it would have been something we looked for. Sorry Scott we don't get instruction manuals from GM on these things, reverse engineering is very time consuming and sometimes you just don't find what you are looking for. I'm not saying we will never revisit it but at the moment we have no free time to do so with getting the new hardware and supporting software ready.

When we initially mapped these (and subsequent revisits) it would have been something we looked for. Sorry Scott we don't get instruction manuals from GM on these things, reverse engineering is very time consuming and sometimes you just don't find what you are looking for. I'm not saying we will never revisit it but at the moment we have no free time to do so with getting the new hardware and supporting software ready.
    Disappointing …….but thanks for your replies
    2008 HSV GTS LS3

I empathize with the effort of reverse engineering, it takes real dedication and gratification in immersion into the tedious. That said, with a diesel engine being basically a thermodynamic air pump with fuel metered in proportion, it would seem defeating to try and refine tuning on a variable forced induction configuration without mastery over the air side of the combustion equation. Other parameters are impacted by boost, optimal timing, for example, is influenced. I have wanted to visit this platform also, but I would wonder what I could accomplish.
    Michael, Systems Engineer 04.5 D-max LLY, Phoenix, Arizona Email
    Custom Tuning Services
    DURAMAX/CUMMINS ECM's TCM's for sale, all years, 20% wholesale discount available
    EFILive's first VGT "Software Wastegate Tune"

heres about 30 minutes work for the vgt tables that hpt present.

load these into a cax file and have a play and report back. this is for OS-55491998 also works for the custom os based of this.

55491998.txt