Thread: Fan 1 on all the time...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Lifetime Member

Will try thee 156 OS this weekend and see what happens. Only fan 1 was coming on all the time, not both like it sounds like yours was?

Quote Originally Posted by bubba68ss View Post
    Will try thee 156 OS this weekend and see what happens. Only fan 1 was coming on all the time, not both like it sounds like yours was?
    Actually that's dependent on how its wired up. Originally we had a 2 relay harness Which only had 1 fan on all the time with the original OS. When we switched to the 3 relay harness it has both fans come on With the original OS.

It wasn't until we used that specific 2002 OS that they worked properly when flashed with EFI Live.

Unfortunately when talking with the vendor, we originally thought maybe there was a wiring issue with the harness since it was an older design. I had to get the vehicle running correctly so in the middle of the week, I coughed up the money for a new harness and overnight shipping to try and rectify the issue. When that didn't work, I used another license and tried flashing a spare PCM I had thinking maybe it was an issue within the PCM. Since it was now licensed to my cable, I tried Different Operating systems. As a last ditch effort I reached out to a local tuner friend of mine. He is the one that had me try that specific OS.

Hopefully that OS will solve your friends issue as well. Please keep us posted when you get a chance to go visit him.