EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Default Installing the V7.5 Software

To install the EFILive V7.5 software
    1. Download the V7.5 software here:
      http://www.efilive.com/index.php?opt...=48&Itemid=133
    2. Your browser will prompt you to save the file. Select a folder such as:
      \My Documents\Downloads
    3. Wait for the download to complete.
    4. Using Windows Explorer, locate the downloaded file and double click on it to start the installation.
    5. Follow the on screen instructions.

What is included in the download:

• EFILive Scan Tool: V7.5
    • EFILive Tuning Tool: V7.5

After Installing:
    When the installation has finished, EFILive will check for updates. If EFILive does not automatically check for an update after the initial installation, please select the start menu option: Start->All Programs->EFILive->V7.5->Tools->Check for New Update.

If you are reading this post more than a month after the software was first released in November 2010, then most likely an update will be available and should be installed to ensure you have the most up to date software. The update usually takes 1-2 minutes and will display a message to indicate when it has completed.

Known Installation Issues
    When installing on Windows 98 the installer may display two errors during the installation:
    1. You may be prompted to insert the FTDI FTD2XX Drivers disk. In that case, click OK and then select [Skip] to skip the file ftd2xx.cat.
    2. A registry entry may not be able to be set due to inadequate permissions, please select [Ignore] so that the installation can continue.

When installing on Windows Vista or Windows 7 the installer may indicate that the install did not complete successfully and prompt you to confirm. Please select the option that confirms the installation was successful.

Important Information:
    Some customers have reported that the EFILive V7.5 software will sometimes fail to detect the FlashScan V2 interface cable after it has been upgraded to V2.5 firmware or later. Usually retrying the operation will allow the software to detect FlashScan and continue. However, you can prevent the error and speed up the cable detection process by changing the cable type in the EFILive V7.5 Scan Tool software.
    Change the setting: Edit->Properties->Connections->Preferred interface cable type to EFILive FlashScan V2.5 (HAPI).

Updating your FlashScan/AutoCal Firmware:
    After installing the V8 software, open the EFILive Control Panel (aka EFILive Hapi) by starting EFILive Explorer (Start->All Programs->EFILive->V8->EFILive Explorer).
    Once EFILive Explorer is running, the EFILive Control Panel icon (a small image of FlashScan) will appear in the Windows system tray at the end of the Windows task bar.
    Click on that icon and select the F6: Firmware option. Click on the [Refresh] button and follow the onscreen instructions to update the firmware.
    If you have a FlashScan and an AutoCal connected simultaneously, you may select between them using the list at the top of the window.
    Last edited by Blacky; April 22nd, 2013 at 10:46 AM. Reason: Fixed link
    Before asking for help, please read this.

i take it the program cannot be run on a mac??
    2008 2WD 2.9L i-4 Chevy Colorado
    allied suspension on racerunner coilovers up front
    deavers on extended shackles with fox ext. reservoirs in rear
    sittin on 33's
    fiberglass all around
    custom steel bumpers and rear spare tire mount

Lifetime Member

Pretty sure EFILive can be used on a Mac ... give the following threads a read.

http://forum.efilive.com/showthread....&highlight=mac

http://forum.efilive.com/showthread....&highlight=mac

FYI ... this particular thread is a "sticky" ... may have been more appropriate to have posted your question as a new thread.

Regards,
    Taz

thanks ill check it out
    2008 2WD 2.9L i-4 Chevy Colorado
    allied suspension on racerunner coilovers up front
    deavers on extended shackles with fox ext. reservoirs in rear
    sittin on 33's
    fiberglass all around
    custom steel bumpers and rear spare tire mount

Quick question. Both V7.5 and V8 should work on Windows XP Professional, right?

Quote Originally Posted by FUBAR View Post
    Quick question. Both V7.5 and V8 should work on Windows XP Professional, right?
    Yes, and Win2000 as well.
    Regards
    Paul

hello All,

i replaced the old version V7.5.157 with the newest one, 167, i noticed as soon a problem of compatibility of the PID selection i did with the previose on E37 and E78 module, it was able to show much less prameter even if they were not used added PID.
    i'm loosing somehting or it's already known problem?

thank u

There have been other similar reports, we are investigating...

To help with our investigation could you please send the *.pid PID selection files that do not show the entire PID list.
    Those *.pid files can be found in the folder: \My Documents\EFILive\V7.5\PIDS
    Send the files to paul@efilive.com along with a link to this forum post so I know which post the email refers to, thanks.

Regards
    Paul

What happens when you select the E37 controller using the menu option: File->Select Controller, then select E37 (or any GM controller)?

The issue could be related to the newly added CMB (Cummins diesel) controller.
    Once that controller is selected, all of the GM PIDs are no longer valid and only Cummins PIDs are available.
    You need to select a GM controller to force EFILive to re-load the GM PIDs.

Regards
    Paul

Default Missing PIDs

Paul,

I am not at my desktop PC that was having this problem (and I fixed the problem on that PC by uninstalling and re-installing the software anyway).

Despite that I decided to test this at home on my laptop and I think you might be on to something. I tested this on my laptop by going the other direction. With a GM log file (2010 E38 Camaro SS ECM data) open and graphed, I went to the File->Select Controller option and picked the Cummins Controller. All but the calculated and SAE PIDs disappeared.

I don’t think that should be how the software is configured since if you are viewing a log file I can’t see why you would want to remove data or why selecting the controller type after the fact should impact already logged data.

To make matters worse, when I wanted to see the all the PIDs again, when I went to File->Select Controller and I selected E38 controller, the missing PIDs did not reappear. To get the missing PIDs to display again I had to re-open the same log file. This too does not seem to me to be how the software should be configured.

Jason

Quote Originally Posted by Blacky View Post
    What happens when you select the E37 controller using the menu option: File->Select Controller, then select E37 (or any GM controller)?

The issue could be related to the newly added CMB (Cummins diesel) controller.
    Once that controller is selected, all of the GM PIDs are no longer valid and only Cummins PIDs are available.
    You need to select a GM controller to force EFILive to re-load the GM PIDs.

Regards
    Paul
    Jason Haines, Project Director
    Lingenfelter Performance Engineering
    http://www.lingenfelter.com
    jhaines@lingenfelter.com
    260-724-2552

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast