Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Known issues with Feb 2015 release of the EFILive software and firmware.

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Default Known issues with Feb 2015 release of the EFILive software and firmware.

Currently known issues and possible workarounds for the Feb 2015 release of the EFILive V7.5.7.276, V8.2.2.270 software and the V2.07.77 FlashScan and AutoCal firmware.

Issue 1:
    If you are Black Box Logging PIDs from an ECM and TCM simultaneously and you have selected a PID from the transmission controller (TCM) that has an identically named PID in the engine controller (ECM), then when the log file is loaded back into the V8 software for viewing, that TCM PID will be displayed as if it originated from the ECM. The PID's data will have correctly been logged from the TCM, only its name will appear to indicate that it was logged from the ECM.
    Workaround:
    None. It is a restriction of the *.efi (V7.5 log file format). That restriction will be removed and the TCM PIDs will display their true origin once the V8 scan tool software is available.

Issue 2:
    The LML calibration segments names are not correct in the EFILive V7.5 Tuning Tool software.
    Workaround:
    None.

Issue 3:
    The 2013+ CME calibrations may have a labelling error where all the 'Base' and "Alt 1' tables are swapped.
    Workaround:
    None, we are investigating this.

Issue 4:
    Logging external* PIDs either in BBL or V7.5 pass-through can result in incorrect external data being logged.

*External PIDs are any PIDs that fall into the following categories:
    • FlashScan V1/V2 analog PIDs (i.e. wide band analog voltage PIDs)
    • Wide band serial PIDs
    • Dyno PIDs
    • FPE PIDs

Workaround:
    None, we are investigating this.

Issue 5:
    The "What's New" document lists the following upgrade:
    A50 – first transmission calibration release for 2009-2010 LML based operating systems.
    It should show:
    A50 – first transmission calibration release for 2009-2010 LMM based operating systems.
    Workaround:
    None.
    Last edited by Blacky; February 9th, 2015 at 10:46 AM.
    Before asking for help, please read this.

When trying to load E35b LMM files onto an autocal or V2 I get error $0185. I have tried this with several autocals and they will take other file types (LML,6.7, 5.9, etc) but will not take an LMM file.

On edit: This only happens with files that were saved using the feb software. I can load older LMM tune without issue.
    Last edited by anarchydiesel; February 6th, 2015 at 05:54 AM.

Anarchy Diesel Tuning/ Advanced Injection Diesel Technologies
    EFI Live Cummins Beta Tester
    Duramax and Cummins Tuning
    423-506-7427

E92 labels which mentioned in last update still not fixed
    it still show 0.02 as maximum value
    EFILive Tuner

Quote Originally Posted by anarchydiesel View Post
    When trying to load E35b LMM files onto an autocal or V2 I get error $0185. I have tried this with several autocals and they will take other file types (LML,6.7, 5.9, etc) but will not take an LMM file.

On edit: This only happens with files that were saved using the feb software. I can load older LMM tune without issue.
    Error $0185 is "File or Folder not found".
    To which folder on the FlashScan/AutoCal device are you trying to copy the file?
    Are you definitely trying to copy a real *.ctz file and not a link or some remote/network reference to a real *.ctz file?
    Have you tried reformatting the [Data] file system on the AutoCal device using EFILive Explorer?
    Aee you using and SD Card on with FlashScan? If so yo umay need to reformat the SD Card, do that using FlashScan menu: F4 Options->F2 File System->F3 Format File Sys.

If you still can't copy a file to FlashScan/AutoCal. plese send me the file (to paul@efilive.com).

Regards
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by wesam View Post
    E92 labels which mentioned in last update still not fixed
    it still show 0.02 as maximum value
    Which E92 operating system, and which calibration(s)?
    Sorry to ask again but its better to repeat all the information in this thread again.

Regards
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by blacky View Post
    which e92 operating system, and which calibration(s)?
    Sorry to ask again but its better to repeat all the information in this thread again.

Regards
    paul
    e92 os 12663390
    b0169
    b0170
    EFILive Tuner

Lifetime Member

Hello Paul,

Wesam is correct ... B0169 (PE Ramp In) and B0170 (PE Ramp Out) for E92 OS12663390 are not correct in the latest software release. I opened the same calibration with the current software release, and with an older version of the software - the results differed by a magnitude of 100. The allowable range for those parameters use to be displayed as "0.00 to 2.00", and is now displayed as "0.00 to 0.02". The values in the cells also changed by the same magnitude (e.g. 0.05 before, and 0.0005 now).

Hope this helps ... I didn't check any other parameters.

Cheers,
    Taz

Quote Originally Posted by Blacky View Post
    Error $0185 is "File or Folder not found".
    To which folder on the FlashScan/AutoCal device are you trying to copy the file?
    Are you definitely trying to copy a real *.ctz file and not a link or some remote/network reference to a real *.ctz file?
    Have you tried reformatting the [Data] file system on the AutoCal device using EFILive Explorer?
    Aee you using and SD Card on with FlashScan? If so yo umay need to reformat the SD Card, do that using FlashScan menu: F4 Options->F2 File System->F3 Format File Sys.

If you still can't copy a file to FlashScan/AutoCal. plese send me the file (to paul@efilive.com).

Regards
    Paul
    Trying to copy to the "tune" folder on both devices. No sd card in the V2 and no other tune/scan files saved on the V2. I have performed the format all data on the autocals with the same results. Files are definitely original .ctz files. Email on its way.

Anarchy Diesel Tuning/ Advanced Injection Diesel Technologies
    EFI Live Cummins Beta Tester
    Duramax and Cummins Tuning
    423-506-7427

Quote Originally Posted by Blacky View Post

Issue 5:
    The "What's New" document lists the following upgrade:
    A50 – first transmission calibration release for 2009-2010 LMM based operating systems.
    It should show:
    A50 – first transmission calibration release for 2009-2010 LML based operating systems.
    Workaround:
    None.
    I think you got your LMM and LMLs switched around again!
    Josh

'04 GMC LLY
    - L5P, Motech, 6-Spd Conv. ML Trans.
    '05 GMC LLY - 250%, 12mm, 67mm Custom Turbo, 6-Spd Conv. ML Trans
    '19 3500 RAM - Tuned Aisin 0_o

Quote Originally Posted by Chavez91 View Post
    I think you got your LMM and LMLs switched around again!

Fixed now, thanks.
    Paul

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast