Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: sbc using coil per cylinder efi, LS pcm and efilive

Default sbc using coil per cylinder efi, LS pcm and efilive

1970 Corvette SBC converting to coils per cylinder with LS 0411 PCM and modified wiring harness. Using a TPIS intake and throttlebody. Looking for help.

I installed the distributor delete with the cam position sensor, the 24x sprocket and crank position sensor. I wired in power, grounds, injectors, coils, map, iat, iac, tps, cmp, ckp, 8 coils/wires, and ect. I installed the attached tune from an 02 Camaro dbc. I'm using the obd2 connector for efilive program and scanning. All efilive is reading at the moment are, MAP of about 39, tps as it should, iat and ect are at ambient temp. I have rung out all wires and checked power and grounds at appropriate terminals at the pcm. I have the ckp sensor out and connected since I wasn't seeing any fire with it in. I can flag the sensor, it lights the noid light on any injector plug for 2 or 3 times and then it stops until I stop flagging for a minute or so, then it will repeat the same over and over as I flag and rest. It never fires a spark plug during the flagging. I'm using a spark plug that I have plugged into the plug wire end and a grounded strap. The ecu came out of an 01 z06. I did a full reflash with the 02 Camaro tune since I needed it to be dbc. I can't think of anything else add. I'll add the pin outs for the ecu that I used tomorrow.
    https://documentcloud.adobe.com/link...5-2fa92626f8f0
    Last edited by RonnieW; November 8th, 2019 at 01:56 AM.
    01Z06, A4, Huron Speed Twin 67/66's on a 347

Ttt

Hello,
    What crank sensor are you using? On a LS the 24x sensor actually has a dual pickup to read the high/low of the mirrored gaps in the "dual sandwiched" trigger wheel. I'm not familiar with the ones in the timing cover if that is what you are using. Pics or links would help me see. On the dual pickup sensor, orientation is critical as is has to coincide with the wheel.

I assume you have VATS turned off as well. Oh, and what is MAP at 39?
    Last edited by In-Tech; November 8th, 2019 at 07:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by In-Tech View Post
    Hello,
    What crank sensor are you using? On a LS the 24x sensor actually has a dual pickup to read the high/low of the mirrored gaps in the "dual sandwiched" trigger wheel. I'm not familiar with the ones in the timing cover if that is what you are using. Pics or links would help me see. On the dual pickup sensor, orientation is critical as is has to coincide with the wheel.

I assume you have VATS turned off as well. Oh, and what is MAP at 39?
    I'm using this crk CPS in the timing cover. I had to replace the one that came with the kit as it was bad. I used the part number on the sensor itself to find this one.......Crankshaft Position Sensor fits 12596851 5S1695 for Chevy S10 G30 P30 K1500 K2500 K3500 Silverado Suburban Tahoe GMC G2500 G3500 Jimmy K1500 K2500 P3500 Safari Savana Sierra Sonoma Yukon................

The crank reluctor wheel teeth are not located in the exact center of the hole but does read 12 volts on and off when turning the crank by hand.

I want to say yes on the vats being turned off. I have NONE in the Anti Theft Configuration. I don't see anything else to do with it.

I don't get any DTC's generated.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/24X-EFI-con...UAAOSwPEFbgyx~

Since starting this post I found the cam sensor plug wired wrong and corrected that and reinstalled the crank sensor. Now when I crank the engine I get no spark or noid light (for injectors). The noid light does flash once when I stop cranking.

Thanks for the response! oh yes, map is 39 kpa as read on efilive scan.
    Attached Files Attached Files

MAP should show barometric pressure (~100 kPa at sea level).

Can you log RPM...?

Check that CKP and CMP sensors are wired correctly.

I'm dealing with the same thing in my 95 Camaro LT!/24X/0411 conversion. I used the same kit from EFI Connection. I've done the same thing as you have (verified all wiring, all voltage circuits, all ground circuits, I've tried two different PCMs, and 2 different tuning suites, and 3 different base tunes, with the same results; no fire and no injector pulse. I don''t have any ant-theft active in the car or the PCM. I ordered a new GM crank sensor. I hope it works.
    Doing my best to fix what ain't broke!!

Quote Originally Posted by Scatfish View Post
    I'm dealing with the same thing in my 95 Camaro LT!/24X/0411 conversion. I used the same kit from EFI Connection. I've done the same thing as you have (verified all wiring, all voltage circuits, all ground circuits, I've tried two different PCMs, and 2 different tuning suites, and 3 different base tunes, with the same results; no fire and no injector pulse. I don''t have any ant-theft active in the car or the PCM. I ordered a new GM crank sensor. I hope it works.
    Good luck with it. I just gave up for now and put the carburetor back on. Keep us informed please. I'll be trying again one day.

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    MAP should show barometric pressure (~100 kPa at sea level).

Can you log RPM...?

Check that CKP and CMP sensors are wired correctly.
    Thanks Joe. I did that several times. They were both working as they should when tested by turning the engine over by hand.

Doing my best to fix what ain't broke!!

Scatfish- Did you ever solve your issue and get her running? I am a couple of weeks away from turning the key on the almost exact setup. Thanks!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast