Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New to tuning of this magnitude- Please help

Quote Originally Posted by 2007 5.9 View Post
    Well if it isint Mr. Rattler himself...welcome to the "Real Tuning World" Ty!!!
    Hey Les, thanks man isn't that the truth, it's my new found hobby and a challenging one! I can still hold that title for now though. I've just started logging to try and narrow down a little more of it. If I couldn't get rid of anymore though I'd be perfectly happy, cause it's a different truck.
    '07 5.9 Mega 3500
    11.7 @ 118 / 8200lbs

Thank you Erik, that is exactly what I wanted to know.

Quote Originally Posted by Dmaxink View Post
    Check out my website...I have nearly an hour long tutorial video posted.. passcode is 7777
    Thanks Kory I will look at that as soon as it loads up (taking a while, must be quite big) I’m sure that will be a big help.

Quote Originally Posted by DoghouseDiesel View Post
    Don't worry about his hockey helmet and drool cup though....doctor said the condition is temporary.
    Rich, don’t understand the above (still funny) and don't think I'm supposed to but since you posted it’s a good opportunity for me to ask you a question I had because you seem to be one of the genius’s of Live . I downloaded your “gift tune” and looking at the main pulse section of that tune compared to the main pulse of the LLY tune on demo tune tool that was available free on Live’s website. This kind of showed me that comparing Cummins and Dmax tunes for the purpose of learning about Live is pure stupidity, I guess because of the difference in stroke, pump capacities, injectors, turbo and so on. I was wondering though if you would give me a gift by making a copy of the stock Cummins tune and putting it on here so I can compare it against your gift tune. I think my best choice will be to just talk to someone like yourself or Kory about buying a few of your mild tunes when Live is out for 03-05s but I still like to learn.

Triton, if the powers that be see this and give you the OK that would be great, don’t want to upset anyone though, I’m sure I’ll have more questions in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by 2007 5.9 View Post
    Please look to the work of Rich from Doghouse Diesel...he made these "How-to's"...just for newbies like yourself.
    http://forum.efilive.com/showthread....-How-to-guides
    Thanks Les I couldn’t find part 1 those are such a huge help to Rich LOL I can only dream of being that knowledgeable with Live.

To everyone above I really do appreciate your help!

There are plenty of stock 06-07 tunes around.

Look at tunefiledepot.com and Comp D.

http://www.tunefiledepot.com/index.p...Type=D&Stock=Y

http://www.competitiondiesel.com/forums/downloads.php
    06 QCLB, DRW
    Single pump
    Single turbo
    EFILive 772hp 1398tq

gordon@innovativediesel.com

Ooooh I didn't figure you could find stock tunes. Thanks!

First, let me restate the intent of the "Gift Tune"....

It was posted so guys had something to look at other than a stock file.

I DID NOT post it specifically so you could run it on your truck.

I tried to make it very clear that not all the tables were modified in that tune.

I made it very clear that there is no technical support should you chose to use it on your truck.

I probably get 20 emails a week asking about it.

NO, I will not modify it for you. NO, I will not make it an auto trans file for you. NO, I will not fix your truck if you load it and something breaks.

It's nothing special, it's nothing fancy, it was just something put there so guys had something OTHER than stock to look at.

If you choose to use it, it's on you.

Okay, rant off.......cumminsho13 this wasn't directed at you, I just get some off the wall requests for that tune from guys using it on their trucks.

And no, the duration table for a Duramax will not necessarilly work on a Cummins. You gotta remember that with a Duramax you have a cylinder firing every 90*'s, with a Cummins you have 120*'s between power events. Those numbers all by themselves make tuning it different.

1207 HP / 1612 TQ

I can delete that about the gift tune so as not to advertise it. I didn't know people were giving you all that trouble, that's what you get for being nice I guess...

And ok that makes sense I didn't even think about it firing one more time per revolution, I was thinking purely length of stroke compared to a Duramax, thanks man.

Quote Originally Posted by Dmaxink View Post
    Check out my website...I have nearly an hour long tutorial video posted.. passcode is 7777
    Great video! Thankx it really shed some light on the Cummins system.

Quote Originally Posted by cumminsho13 View Post
    I can delete that about the gift tune so as not to advertise it. I didn't know people were giving you all that trouble, that's what you get for being nice I guess...

And ok that makes sense I didn't even think about it firing one more time per revolution, I was thinking purely length of stroke compared to a Duramax, thanks man.
    No, no, that's okay.....don't sweat that.

You just have no idea how many calls and emails I get asking for this and that about that tune.

I try to tell guys that it's really not that refined. That was just a quick throw together for that truck and it gives guys a look at something other than stock.

1207 HP / 1612 TQ

I posted the manuals for you but, I guess the powers that be didn't want them posted cause they never made it online. Sorry.
    '07 5.9 Mega 3500
    11.7 @ 118 / 8200lbs

Quote Originally Posted by DoghouseDiesel View Post
    No, no, that's okay.....don't sweat that.

You just have no idea how many calls and emails I get asking for this and that about that tune.

I try to tell guys that it's really not that refined. That was just a quick throw together for that truck and it gives guys a look at something other than stock.

Well maybe reading this thread will keep people from pestering you so much, but I appreciate you putting it up, it gives me something to play with to learn a little about the software, just can't wait till its out for my truck and I can do some real playing!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast