Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: F.A.S.T. Dual Wideband Log Help

Question F.A.S.T. Dual Wideband Log Help

Hey Guys - I'm typically a lurker and usually find what I need through the search but I'm stumped on setting up my wideband for EFI Live to read properly and it's hindering me from performing Auto VE.

Vehicle = 89 Corvette w/ EFI Connection 24x System (2001 Camaro PCM) installed on SBC

Wideband = F.A.S.T. Gasoline Air/Fuel Meter ~ Dual Sensor SKU: 170402

Problem = F.A.S.T. Display & EFI Live Log do not match AFR Reading. Typically around 0.8 to 1.2 off at any given time.

I have tried using the supported PID already in the system as well as what I have found from the searches here on the forum and I remain off by this factor. I cannot tell if the difference is constant. When I looked into the details of the supported PID within EFI Live, it shows to actually be the same calculation as what I found which at least tells me that I'm consistently wrong... for whatever that's worth!

Slot Definitions:
    *CLC-00-004
    "AFR" 10.0 20.0 .2 "({CALC.AFR_FAST1.AFR}+{CALC.AFR_FAST2.AFR})/2"

*CLC-00-005
    factor 0.0 2.0 .1 "{CALC.Fast_AFR_AVG_B1&B2}/{GM.AFR}"

*CLC-00-006
    V 0.0 5.0 .1 "{EXT.AD1}"
    AFR 10.0 20.0 .1 "{EXT.AD1}*2.78+9.6"

*CLC-00-007
    factor 0.0 2.0 .1 "{CALC.AFR_FAST1.AFR}/{GM.AFR}"

*CLC-00-008
    V 0.0 5.0 .1 "{EXT.AD2}"
    AFR 10.0 20.0 .1 "{EXT.AD2}*2.78+9.6"

*CLC-00-009
    factor 0.0 2.0 .1 "{CALC.AFR_FAST2.AFR}/{GM.AFR}"

When I power on the F.A.S.T. system, I am selecting High Resolution Output.

Question = For those of you using this system and who are getting the correct output signal; what am I doing wrong??? Can you describe what you're doing/selecting to get this system to work with EFI Live?

Thanks,
    Daniel

Hey. I'm not using that system,(just a single wb) but I have some thoughts.

1)what fuel are you using ? It looks like clc-00-006 and 008 have a fuel calibration built in for afr. You might just need to alter the offset of 9.6 to get it to match up.
    2)things like this could probly be eliminated if you used the ".Lambda" pids since those account for the girl your using.
    3) not sure about the Fast wb02s, but it is much much cleaner and simpler to use serial communications instead of the ext ad1 method.

Edit :BTW, seriously impressed you already got into the pid.Txt file...
    Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

It would be better if you did not edit sae_generic.txt (because when you update the V7 software it will be overwritten with a new one)...

instead copy/paste/edit those equations/CLC's into the file calc_pids.txt (we can show you how).

For High Resolution mode, I don't see anything in their pdf that shows what the voltage:afr or voltage:lambda relationship is...?
    Last edited by joecar; June 13th, 2016 at 01:12 PM. Reason: typo/spelling

How have you got the dual WB outputs connected to FSV2...?

Show me a diagram (including grounds)...

Jetmech442,
    You're right on point 1. When you power up the meter, you have to go through a setup series where it asks if you're running Gasoline or Alcohol. I am selecting Gasoline. (I run 93 octane pump gas ~the e10 crap~ thank you very much, Uncle Sugar...)

Then it asks you if you want to utilize the analog output mode. I am selecting yes.

Next, it asks if you want simple mode (meter takes the output voltage and multiplies it by 10 to calculate the air/fuel ratio). I am selecting no.

The next question asks if you want High Resolution Mode (meter provides a 0 - 4.096 V output signal) I am selecting yes. During this step, it actually displays on the meter that the output is equal to (Voltage*2.78)+9.6, so I don't think adjusting the constant is the answer; but I could be wrong...

Ya, a serial com would be better... but this is what I've got I'm hoping to get it going "good enough" as I don't have aspirations of tuning too often. But I make too many modifications to the car (for no reason typically) and don't want to have a line of credit at the dyno house...
    Last edited by spedracr93; June 13th, 2016 at 12:24 PM.

joecar - Yes, I actually have those PIDs inserted in calc_pids. I only opened sae_generic because it seemed like the original numbers that were posted on the txt file I found on this forum were clashing with the sae numbers. I believe it was 985, 986 or somewhere in there. It was causing the PID selection to not show up in the correct parameter reference but when I changed the numbers to 00#, it worked.

see attachment for wiring setup
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Fast WB Setup.jpg 
Views:	280 
Size:	126.3 KB 
ID:	19888

Does anyone think it would help to change the High Unit on the Voltage to 4.096 instead of 5, since that's what the F.A.S.T. paperwork says the actual output of the meter is (not 5)???

Quote Originally Posted by spedracr93 View Post
    The next question asks if you want High Resolution Mode (meter provides a 0 - 4.096 V output signal) I am selecting yes. During this step, it actually displays on the meter that the output is equal to (Voltage*2.78)+9.6, so I don't think adjusting the constant is the answer; but I could be wrong...
    OK, this is what I was looking for.

When stoich is commanded, what AFR does the FAST display say (does it say 14.7...?)...?

Quote Originally Posted by spedracr93 View Post
    joecar - Yes, I actually have those PIDs inserted in calc_pids. I only opened sae_generic because it seemed like the original numbers that were posted on the txt file I found on this forum were clashing with the sae numbers. I believe it was 985, 986 or somewhere in there. It was causing the PID selection to not show up in the correct parameter reference but when I changed the numbers to 00#, it worked.
    Hmm, odd, I can't replicate this problem... which V7 build version do you have (do Help->About)...?

see attachment for wiring setup
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Fast WB Setup.jpg 
Views:	280 
Size:	126.3 KB 
ID:	19888
    Ok, so those ground wires are connected ONLY to AD1- and AD2- and to no other grounds, correct...?

With two widebands, I've got my calc pids setup to choose the leanest wideband dynamically (on the fly)... I think you could use this.

What PCM are you using...?

Post your calc_pids.txt file here.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast