Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Help creating calc.PID's for AEM 30-0300

Quote Originally Posted by chambiec1 View Post
    And this is how my VE table came out after pasting the values from the calc.vet log.. some of those cells seem extremely high to me

Attachment 20461
    That is VE in % units... wow, those are large VE's... are you boosted...?

Maybe when you get the MAF corrected the calculated VE will come down.

BTW: on the map properties Data tab, checkmark Show Units.

Questions:
    - is your IFR table B4001 correct for your injectors and rail pressure (which you measured)...?
    - does IFR take into account whether FPR is manifold-referenced (flat) or not (sloped with sqrt)...?

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    That is VE in % units... wow, those are large VE's... are you boosted...?

Maybe when you get the MAF corrected the calculated VE will come down.

BTW: on the map properties Data tab, checkmark Show Units.

Questions:
    - is your IFR table B4001 correct for your injectors and rail pressure (which you measured)...?
    - does IFR take into account whether FPR is manifold-referenced (flat) or not (sloped with sqrt)...?
    Not boosted. 2003 Silverado, long tubes, offroad y-pipe, airaid MIT tube, and 218/224 .553 113+3 cam from BTR. Stall converter, built trans, 4.88 gears.

Injectors are stock. Everything else on the truck is stock.

I got the MAF values to transfer over... I'll have to double/triple check everything else, and run another log to see what I get for the VE. If it comes up with strange values again, I'll have to track down the problem.

Post log/tune and calc_pids.txt files.

Post log/tune and calc_pids.txt files.
    Here's the pid's, log, and the current tune on the truck. The current tune is a professional mail order tune, that I've been tweaking on to get it perfect. As we speak, I have just done the RAFPN and RAFIG process once each... have not loaded anything from the calc.VET process onto the truck yet. The log was from attempting the calc.VET.

RAFPN.ctz
    calc_pids.txt
    calc.vet log.efi

If you see anything that jumps out at you, by all means let me know. The truck doesn't run bad, just trying to dial in the tune, and work through a few idle quality issues / get the idle sounding a bit better.

Appreciate the help, Joe.

Quote Originally Posted by chambiec1 View Post
    Here's the pid's, log, and the current tune on the truck. The current tune is a professional mail order tune, that I've been tweaking on to get it perfect. As we speak, I have just done the RAFPN and RAFIG process once each... have not loaded anything from the calc.VET process onto the truck yet. The log was from attempting the calc.VET.

RAFPN.ctz
    calc_pids.txt
    calc.vet log.efi

If you see anything that jumps out at you, by all means let me know. The truck doesn't run bad, just trying to dial in the tune, and work through a few idle quality issues / get the idle sounding a bit better.

Appreciate the help, Joe.
    I'll take a closer look tomorrow.

Which pid are you using as the BEN pid...? Are you using serial comms...?

I'll take a closer look tomorrow.

Which pid are you using as the BEN pid...? Are you using serial comms...?
    To be honest, I'm not sure I rightfully know. I was logging calc.aem1 ben and that's the factor I used in map B

And I'm running the WB analog trough A1
    Last edited by chambiec1; November 25th, 2016 at 08:05 AM.

Here's a log I just ran, Joe. Still getting some fairly high values for the VE table. One thing I noticed, is that my LTFT are fairly well positive.. not sure if that could be throwing me off or not.

But I double and triple checked everything as far as I know in my calc.VET process, and I'm fairly sure I've got everything right.. I'm not sure if I've got a problem in one of my calc.pid's or what..

calc.vet2.efi

Ok, I see what happened, you're using your AEM with analog connection, but the Calc.VET tutorial/thread uses serial comms...

so I modified your calc_pid.txt (see attached) so that CALC.WO2BEN uses CALC.AEM1.BEN, this allows you to follow the Calc.VET tutorial as it is written.

( since the CLC's are calculated in order, and now we need CALC.AEM1.BEN before CALC.WO2BEN and CALC.SELBEN, I repositioned the CLC in the text file to make it obvious )
    Attached Files Attached Files

Ok, I see what happened, you're using your AEM with analog connection, but the Calc.VET tutorial/thread uses serial comms...

so I modified your calc_pid.txt (see attached) so that CALC.WO2BEN uses CALC.AEM1.BEN, this allows you to follow the Calc.VET tutorial as it is written.

( since the CLC's are calculated in order, and now we need CALC.AEM1.BEN before CALC.WO2BEN and CALC.SELBEN, I repositioned the CLC in the text file to make it obvious )
    You're awesome, Joe. I'll run another datalog with the new PID's in the morning and post with what I come up with. I appreciate the help, these calc's can be a little confusing..

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast