Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Fls, Mpc, Epr files

Quote Originally Posted by kidturbo View Post
    Catman, tell ya what to use that JTAG tool for... Reverse engineering the OS of all these other BOSCH ECM's out there that EFIlive could easily be used for. Like the VW and MB common rail platforms.
    This is partly true, operational concept is the same but there is a few key differences in CAN comms for reading/flashing that make it difficult for us to support every EDC16/17 ECM out there.

You guys do know it's legit now to write your own ECU OS?
    Write your own ECU OS! Wow.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

A while back when researching tuners for the W211 E320 CDI, all I found was the JTAG route, and like one CAN based option. That one fetches about as much as a V2, and allows you to do one ECM... May as well go with a genuine Bosch tuner. While the Benz CDI and Sprinters have shared a ECM for quite a while. So there's your market to support development on "common" platforms.

The other one that needs some serious love is the MEFI5a used on GM Performance setups like the COPO Camaro. That same E67 unit powers the largest percentage of performance watercraft in the world. It's CANbus protocol is SAE J1939, which makes it very popular for engine swaps to. I know it's been brought up on here before, but feel someone is missing the boat, load of sales.

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post

Write your own ECU OS! Wow.
    Legitimately...

Modify, tweak, copy/paste. Can even disassemble, then post those hidden tricks used by manufactures to fake emissions tests. Is that where the Bosch DSP mod actually came from ??

The other one that needs some serious love is the MEFI5a used on GM Performance setups like the COPO Camaro. That same E67 unit powers the largest percentage of performance watercraft in the world. It's CANbus protocol is SAE J1939, which makes it very popular for engine swaps to. I know it's been brought up on here before, but feel someone is missing the boat, load of sales.
    Yeah we have one here and you are right there is a big market, but there is only so many hours in the day.

Modify, tweak, copy/paste. Can even disassemble, then post those hidden tricks used by manufactures to fake emissions tests.
    For a modified EDC17 OS you would need to create the correct RSA signature for it to work...might be a bit of a problem.

Is that where the Bosch DSP mod actually came from ??
    No not at all, we didn't trick in to some special mode.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Yeah we have one here and you are right there is a big market, but there is only so many hours in the day.
    Great, please let me know when ya have something to test. I'm sure you have reviewed the "other" tuner hardware available.

For a modified EDC17 OS you would need to create the correct RSA signature for it to work...might be a bit of a problem.
    Maybe the EU tuner guys like Malone have a quantum computer running over there to decrepit the key.. There is another way, they've been tuning these diesel MB and VW's for a long time now...

No not at all, we didn't trick in to some special mode.
    I'd love to see that raw bin data sorted out. According to today's news, not even VW understands how it works... LOL. But Audi and Porsche just made recall list too.. It's obviously a canbus request based msg to change the tables. I know from my MB that the IC displays "Dyno Mode" under special services available with dash button inputs. I just haven't taken time to captured that raw packets to replicate it. But this does give some incite to how easily tunes "can" be changed with only simple wheel button combinations, rather than hardwire...
    "
    Sorry for the highjack. Back to Dodge.

Great, please let me know when ya have something to test. I'm sure you have reviewed the "other" tuner hardware available.
    I may have given you the wrong impression......
    We have one sitting here collecting dust under a pile of junk

Maybe the EU tuner guys like Malone have a quantum computer running over there to decrepit the key.. There is another way, they've been tuning these diesel MB and VW's for a long time now...
    Not all Bosch ECM's have RSA sig active, not all ECM's have RSA active on OBD-II flashing. You can't trick it, most of the bypassed ECM's need to be JTAG'd first and killed off that way, something not really in line with us. But this is the primary reason that EFILive has not contemplated DSP for the LML (regular tuning of course is no problem). As you know we've done DSP (or CSP) for every other Diesel ECM we support tuning for, we know how to write the code but sometimes the game can't be played.
    If RSA (or SHA-1 hashes) could be beaten then the world is in more trouble than Bosch ECM's being cracked wide open.
    https://konklone.com/post/why-google...-to-kill-sha-1

I may have given you the wrong impression......
    We have one sitting here collecting dust under a pile of junk
    Need a kickstarter campaign to get development rolling? I've had more people ask about MEFI5 lately than all others. The current software leaves much to be desired. I've even considered swapping them out with a standard E67, but that requires pinout changes. So please reconsider it's market value. A DSP2 option in MEFI5 tuning would be a hot item since the performance marine guys are into variable boost and timing based on fuel options. Selectable tuning is fueling the aftermarket ECM market in this area.

Not going to happy sorry, kickstarter or not.

Cheers,
    Ross

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123