Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LB7 Autocal DSP Beta??

Default LB7 Autocal DSP Beta??

Is EFILive looking for beta testers for the Autocal in developing the DSP switching? Id be interested in volunteering for that.

Thanks but no thanks, we've been testing that in house over the last few weeks.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

OK, I have a question then, if I buy a Autocal unit today when they DSP switching becomes available for the Autocal on a LB7 can the Autocal unit I buy today be updated to support the DSP5 switching? I wanna run a DSP5 switch but if a new Autocal unit will have to be purchased when the switching is supported I am gonna wait. Thanks!
    03 Chevy LB7 Duramax CC/LB 4x4
    4" MBRP Straight Pipe
    EFI Live via Autocal tuned by Idaho Rob!!

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

The AutoCal device is already capable of switching tunes on the LB7 and LLY DSP5 tunes.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Yes but at this point in time to switch tunes you must connect the autocal and do so right? I'm asking about a DSP5 switch mounted in the dash. Its my understanding that at this time the autocal doesn't support using a DSP5 switch on a lb7.
    4" MBRP Straight Pipe

Quote Originally Posted by boaty3 View Post
    Yes but at this point in time to switch tunes you must connect the autocal and do so right? I'm asking about a DSP5 switch mounted in the dash. Its my understanding that at this time the autocal doesn't support using a DSP5 switch on a lb7.
    If you have a switch on the dash, then obviously you don't need either FlashScan or AutoCal connected to switch the tune.
    Maybe what you're talking about is the ability to have the AutoCal device be able to upgrade a non-DSP5 ECM to a DSP5 ECM in an LB7 and/or LLY. That is something that AutoCal is currently not able to do. I.e. to do that upgrade AutoCal needs to be able to full-flash the ECM. Currently AutoCal can only cal-flash the ECM. Cal-flashing is enough to update ECMs with existing DSP5 tunes but not enough to upgrade a non DSP5 ECM to a DSP5 ECM.

However, as Ross said in the second post we have just finished developing that capability (full-flashing) for AutoCal and it is currently being tested in-house.

The existing AutoCal units are able to be easily upgraded to include the full-flash capability (as always the upgrade are free).
    Once we release that capability, all you will need to do is download and install the V8 software that contains the full-flash update for LB7 and LLY, then upgrade the AutoCal firmware.

Regards
    Paul

Yep! That's what I was asking. My truck is stock ecm wise and I want to be able to install a dsp5 switch and I want to have a autocal because I really don't want to have to send my ECM in and have a dead truck for a while. Thank u ill go ahead and get a autocal unit now and update and flash my ECM later and ill install a dsp5 switch at that time.
    4" MBRP Straight Pipe

I found out this morning my Autocal unit has finally shipped and I will receive it shortly. How is the testing going on the LB7 Ecm as far as getting the Autocals capable of full flashing the ECM for DSP switching?? Just curious I can't wait to have a DSP switch in the dash for easier switching.
    4" MBRP Straight Pipe

The LB7 full-flash for AutoCal (and FlashScan) is part of the next RC10 release due out this week.
    Regards
    Paul

EXCELLENT NEWS!!!!! Thank you! Pardon my ignorance on the subject, but, when the release does come out, where do I look for the news of its release? Also how will I go about updating my Autocal unit with this software? Keep in mind I'm a consumer not a programmer so I don't get the info the programmers yall sell to get. Thanks again!!
    Cole
    4" MBRP Straight Pipe

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast