Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: VATS Patch

Default VATS Patch

Hi all,

Is there any issue with reversing the VATS Patch on an ECM that's already had the patch applied? I only ask because I'd like to see if the ignition control circuit PID IGN1ON goes from a YES to a NO in a crank log if I remove the patch.
    I'll give a little more background here. I've been struggling with this E92 "No Spark" issue for a while, and I'm running out of things to diagnose. I would almost swear that VATS is still active, although apparently there's no way to log this.
    I have gone back through the wiring a bunch of times, and it comes back good (assuming I'm not missing something). This is a swap, with a new GM harness and all new power/ground wiring, and all 12V feeds to the ECM are good while in RUN or CRANK. All logs look good for Crank/Cam signals, Fuel, Pedal etc. Any help is appreciated.

Full flashing with a stock (non patched) OS removes it.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

I've just done a Full Flash back to stock just to see if anything changes, and it doesn't. By that I mean when I log IGN1ON control circuit during crank, it logs exactly the same as if the patch was never applied. The only difference is, I now get the Starter Relay codes.
    The whole purpose for trying this is to try to verify that my no spark issue looks exactly like a VATS intervention, as in "Crank but No Spark". Please give this a little thought, and let me know if what I'm seeing is normal.

Rick

On these ECM's when VATS is demanding a no start it kills everything, no injection, no spark.
    With the non patched file in the ECM you should see no injection happening (though I'm not sure how you'll physically see that on a DI motor).
    With the patched file in the ECM if you are getting injection but no spark then something else is causing the no spark.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

This is the problem though, I have no spark AND no fuel. I have power everywhere i believe there should be power while key on and cranking, but there is no indication of life, with the patch applied or not. I'm guessing that the no fuel is caused by the no spark though.
    Last edited by RC1; September 15th, 2019 at 10:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RC1 View Post
    I've been struggling with this E92 "No Spark" issue for a while, and I'm running out of things to diagnose
    Quote Originally Posted by RC1 View Post
    This is the problem though, I have no spark AND no fuel.

I originally called this a No Spark issue, only because as with previous GM vehicles, you'd get no fuel injector pulse without a spark trigger. So naturally I assumed this to be the case with the newer stuff as well.

Is the file 'Camaro_E92_Stock_postff.ctz' still the one you are trying to get working?

That is the one I've been working with, as it is just the stock file after the VATS patch, Starter relay disable, and Full Flash.

Rick, I've made some mods outside EFILive to your file (attached), next time you are at this vehicle can you please full flash it as is without making any changes and see if it fires up?

Cheers,
    Ross
    Attached Files Attached Files

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast