Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What do I do with the text file I received from my tuner?

Quote Originally Posted by KhakiCummins View Post
    Are you STOPPING or PAUSING the log? They are not the same thing.
    After I park, i hit the "OK" button. Then I unplug it. That is all I have ever done. I have logged MANY runs doing it this way in the past. Have things changed with the latest updates?

Am I doing something incorrectly?

Quote Originally Posted by twilt View Post
    Attachment 17081

Here is the actual file..
    Did you program that file into your V2 via V8 S&T -> BBX...?

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    Did you program that file into your V2 via V8 S&T -> BBX...?
    No I did not.
    I was uncertain of where to put it and did not want to "experiment" for fear of bricking my autocal.

I know how to get to the BBX section. What do I do from there?

Lifetime Member

Save your file in the following location:

\My Documents\EFILive\V8\Config

Then with your AutoCal connected to your PC, open the V8 software, select BBX, then from the F2 Scan menu (you should default to that page anyway)

Select Open (from the buttons at the bottom of the screen)
    Select your file and click open (The pop up will land you where you saved your file)
    Select the Program drop down and select Program Selections Only. This step will ensure any tune files or log files you have on your device will not be replaced during the programming process.

If in doubt, back those files up first using EFI Explorer and save them to your PC.

Cheers
    Cindy

Quote Originally Posted by cindy@efilive View Post
    Save your file in the following location:

\My Documents\EFILive\V8\Config

Then with your AutoCal connected to your PC, open the V8 software, select BBX, then from the F2 Scan menu (you should default to that page anyway)

Select Open (from the buttons at the bottom of the screen)
    Select your file and click open (The pop up will land you where you saved your file)
    Select the Program drop down and select Program Selections Only. This step will ensure any tune files or log files you have on your device will not be replaced during the programming process.

If in doubt, back those files up first using EFI Explorer and save them to your PC.

Cheers
    Cindy
    THANK YOU CINDY! That fixed it!

Quote Originally Posted by twilt View Post
    After I park, i hit the "OK" button. Then I unplug it. That is all I have ever done. I have logged MANY runs doing it this way in the past. Have things changed with the latest updates?

Am I doing something incorrectly?
    Ok I think there are two issues here.

1. You are pausing the log, not stopping it. This will truncate the log file and can result in only the file header info being saved (2Kb in size). Normally this only occurs in sort logs though, with longer logs resulting in the last few minutes being truncated. It also flags an error on the SD card that requires a "disk check" to fix. This process can also truncate the file. To stop the log, press <cancel> and the Autocal should drop back to the menu after saving the file.
    2. the "settings" file is a list of parameters to record data from. If the Autocal is in its 'vanilla' state, it will have nothing configured to log. So the log files won't contain any data. Once you have uploaded the parameters (as per Cindy's post) it should work better.

Quote Originally Posted by swingtan View Post
    Ok I think there are two issues here.

1. You are pausing the log, not stopping it. This will truncate the log file and can result in only the file header info being saved (2Kb in size). Normally this only occurs in sort logs though, with longer logs resulting in the last few minutes being truncated. It also flags an error on the SD card that requires a "disk check" to fix. This process can also truncate the file. To stop the log, press <cancel> and the Autocal should drop back to the menu after saving the file.
    2. the "settings" file is a list of parameters to record data from. If the Autocal is in its 'vanilla' state, it will have nothing configured to log. So the log files won't contain any data. Once you have uploaded the parameters (as per Cindy's post) it should work better.
    Cindy's instructions definitely fixed my issue.

But I will say, I left out a few steps when I described how I save my logs.
    When stopping my data log, I hit "Ok" button on the Autocal, I then hit the "Previous" button and "EXIT" will show on the display. I then hit "Ok" once more, then it says..."Saving Log"(or something to that effect). Then I disconnect.

Much thanks to all of you, for all your help. It is GREATLY appreciated!

Thanks to you all, I'm back up and running...errrr...recording

~Troy~

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123