Quote Originally Posted by bronson1376 View Post
I have replaced the ficm with a brand new gm unit, also I wouldn't order a injector on balance rates alone. You need to do a fuel return test on the injectors because I have seen the injector before or after on some trucks be causing the problem with the balance rate on another due to the injectors being on the same rail. The test isn't hard and you can find plenty of info on how across the internet. My opinion is stay away from Pensacola diesel, I have used them twice and the injectors tend to not be the best remanufactured and no help from them when needed on warranty. I did replace my alternator but haven't driven my truck much, but seems so far to be idling smoother, but still when it's up to temp I can't any balance rates to come up. Might just be the weather right now making the idle smoother or what not, but to early to tell until I drive it more. Also one more thing I can think of that might be both our problems is the fuel pressure plug on the back of the driver side fuel rail, I just remembered I had a issue with the race plug sealing when installed at one point so I might try to test that return as well and see if maybe I have a slight leak causing fuel pressure problems at idle and what not. If I get time to test I'll let ya know the results. I do remember the race plug I installed being a cheaper brand so maybe I'll order a ppe and see if it seals better. Also another thing to check would be the wiring to the injectors to make sure they are getting good contact, gm sells a updated injector plug kit for the front in driver side and rear on passenger that are at a 90 so the wires don't break, might check that but mine has already been done
Any luck?
I read on another forum that some one replaced the nsbu switch .