Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Known Issues With Current Public Release

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kangsta View Post
    When using CAX files, there is an option to allow definitions to overlap other CAX files, can this be extended to allow overlaps with EFILive definitions too?

I think in some cases there are EFIlive definitions that are hidden or not editable. I understand locking it down to prevent inadvertent changes due to mis-configured CAX files however some users may need a bit more flexibility and by checking the box to allow overlaps we take on board the responsibility.
    Purchase a Pro Tuning License, then you can overlap cax defined cals and EFILive cals. When applying for a Pro Tuning License you must sign a waiver that indemnifies EFILive against claims that a controller was damaged or bricked by the EFILive software. That is because once the Pro Tuning License is installed, you can choose to bypass some critical checks that the EFILive software would normally perform to prevent the controller being bricked.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    When I bring up the Speedo calculator, I get this pop up:

---------------------------
    EFILive Tune - Digital tools for onboard vehicle electronics
    Cannot create file "C:\Program Files (x86)\EFILive\V7.5\Configuration\cal_adjust.txt". Access is denied.
    OK
    Due to restrictions in Win7 and above that prevent apps from writing/creating files in the "Program Files" folder, you need to take ownership of the EFILive\V7.5 folder via Windows Explorer for the user that is using EFILive.

Regards
    Paul

Figured that part out. Thanks. I am having issues writing CME files to my flashscan for BBF. I have formatted several times and updated files in flashscan several times. This happens in in explorer and v8. Error $0194 write failure. Happens with and without SD card installed. It acts if their isn't enough space on flashscan but their should be.

Quote Originally Posted by comnrailpwr View Post
    Figured that part out. Thanks. I am having issues writing CME files to my flashscan for BBF. I have formatted several times and updated files in flashscan several times. This happens in in explorer and v8. Error $0194 write failure. Happens with and without SD card installed. It acts if their isn't enough space on flashscan but their should be.
    When the SD Card is inserted does the status on the lower left of FlashScan's display change from MEM to SDx? I.e. does FlashScan recognize that the SD Card is inserted?

Regards
    Paul

It is not recognizing it. I just got that problem solved. I must have selected internal memory at some point. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Blacky View Post
    Due to restrictions in Win7 and above that prevent apps from writing/creating files in the "Program Files" folder, you need to take ownership of the EFILive\V7.5 folder via Windows Explorer for the user that is using EFILive.

Regards
    Paul
    Ah, ok, that was easy, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Blacky View Post
    Purchase a Pro Tuning License, then you can overlap cax defined cals and EFILive cals. When applying for a Pro Tuning License you must sign a waiver that indemnifies EFILive against claims that a controller was damaged or bricked by the EFILive software. That is because once the Pro Tuning License is installed, you can choose to bypass some critical checks that the EFILive software would normally perform to prevent the controller being bricked.

Regards
    Paul
    I'd heard about the Pro Tuning License previously, couldn't find any reference to it on the website apart from the change logs. Will send an email

Thanks.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by kangsta View Post
    I'd heard about the Pro Tuning License previously, couldn't find any reference to it on the website apart from the change logs. Will send an email

Thanks.
    Pro tuning will be available online before the end of the month.

Cheers
    Cindy

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by cindy@efilive View Post
    Pro tuning will be available online before the end of the month.

Cheers
    Cindy

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    What?! So it's no longer huh?

I'll keep my eyes out for it.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

I've found that the V2 no longer shows negative timing when logging the E98 controller too btw.

gave me a small scare when i loaded in stock tune and didnt see a - sign for injection timing.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast