Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: EFILive RC 2 (March 28, 2013)

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Default EFILive RC 2 (March 28, 2013)

The latest EFILive software is now available as Release Candidate 2 for all EFILive customers.

EFILive encourages customers to use this release in their production environments.
    This release is scheduled to become the official public release.

Download here:

Updates since RC1:

• Fixed surprise SD Card removal condition that may cause FlashScan's firmware to be overwritten, leaving FlashScan in deadpoll.
    • Fixed LLY auto-lock failure.
    • Added E55, E77 and E69 black box logging support.
    • Fixed error when deleting all entries from the "BBL Enabled Controllers" list in tab page [F5: BBX]
    • Removed the option to override operating system <-> boot block mismatch when full-flashing controllers.
    • Added additional E39 tuning support.
    • Added VIN change option to V8 software to allow the VIN stored in a *.ctz tune file to be changed.
    • Fixed BBX PID customization problems.
    • Added option to import E86 (LML) files from external third party tools.
    • Fixed full-flash test option to perform a test flash instead of a real flash.

Firmware

• The FlashScan and AutoCal firmware version number has been updated to V2.07.36. That means once you upgrade the firmware you cannot revert back to V2.07.35.
    • The firmware version number upgrade was required because of the seriousness of the "SD Card surprise removal" bug that was fixed in RC2.

What is not included in this release:

• The Cummins switchable tune (CSP5) feature is not included in RC2.
    • The DPF/EGR restrictions for US based customers are not part of RC2.
    • Pass-thru logging using the V8 software is not included in RC1 (use V7.5 for pass-thru logging duties).
    • Tune file editing using the V8 software is not included in RC1(use V7.5 for tune file editing duties).

Bug Fixes:

Many bugs that have been reported over the past 6 months have been fixed in this release. If you have reported a bug but discover that it has not been fixed or has only been partially fixed in this update, please report the bug again in this thread.

Known Issues:
    Please post issues, questions, clarifications (large or small) in this thread.
    As issues are reported and confirmed they will be re-posted as "Known Issues" below.

Regards
    The EFILive Development Team
    Last edited by Blacky; April 7th, 2013 at 12:02 PM.
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Sub'd

I think there has been an issue in the last couple of releases, where the FS firmware and V8 BBL setup don't quite align.

When setting alarms in V8 BBL, the sound duration is labeled in "mS" with a minimum of 10 and maximum of 1,000. However, I think the V2 takes the figure as "multiples of 10mS" and not an actual time duration. For example, if I set an alarm to last for 200 mS in V8 BBL, it actually sounds for closer to 2 seconds.

Simon.

Lifetime Member

Downloaded, Ill try to test out the alarm issue tomorrow on my way to work (if I remember).
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

I'll test the LLY Autolocking
    www.mscservices.net

Tuner of many, many Duramax and Cummins Diesels.

Lifetime Member

Noticed I still cant open an E39 file I posted on here back in December, OS 12655481. Or any E83 files. I have one E83B read that was posted on here a while back, OS 12650656. Noticed that the E83 folder exists in the V7.5 install, but there are no .calz files.

On the override OS<->bootblock mismatch removal, what about ones we KNOW work? Ive tried a few out and know they work, but I have to go through that error and if that feature is removed I dont think Ill be able to do them?
    Last edited by ScarabEpic22; March 28th, 2013 at 11:03 AM.
    ~Erik~
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by ScarabEpic22 View Post
    Noticed I still cant open an E39 file I posted on here back in December, OS 12655481.
    Yes sorry, there is some E39 OS's still outstanding (only a few), the new E39 .calz files added were for the E39A, essentially all 2013's, ATS, Malibu 2.0L Turbo etc.

Or any E83 files. I have one E83B read that was posted on here a while back, OS 12650656. Noticed that the E83 folder exists in the V7.5 install, but there are no .calz files.
    The E83 directory creation only happened in this update, in preparation , very observant Erik!

On the override OS<->bootblock mismatch removal, what about ones we KNOW work? Ive tried a few out and know they work, but I have to go through that error and if that feature is removed I dont think Ill be able to do them?
    It's gone because we got sick of replacing licenses for people who insisted on flashing the wrong OS in to E38's etc even after the warning. We are open to suggestions here, but at the moment we allow a full flash to proceed if the OS's are compatible (eg, not a 2010 in to a 2007) or if the OS is totally blank because we obviously have no way to check it against the .ctz file then.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    Yes sorry, there is some E39 OS's still outstanding (only a few), the new E39 .calz files added were for the E39A, essentially all 2013's, ATS, Malibu 2.0L Turbo etc.
    No problem, I cant even tune it anyway just figured Id check to see if it was supported.

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX
    The E83 directory creation only happened in this update, in preparation , very observant Erik!
    Thats why I get paid the big bucks!

(I thought E83 support was already out, was that just more of a beta/limited release type deal?)

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX
    It's gone because we got sick of replacing licenses for people who insisted on flashing the wrong OS in to E38's etc even after the warning. We are open to suggestions here, but at the moment we allow a full flash to proceed if the OS's are compatible (eg, not a 2010 in to a 2007) or if the OS is totally blank because we obviously have no way to check it against the .ctz file then.
    I understand, just today I had to uninstall RC2 and go back to RC1 in order to do this. It sucks, but people shouldnt expect to get a replacement license if that warning pops up. I definitely wouldnt, it plainly says DO NOT FLASH THIS OR IT COULD BRICK. If people cant read that...Ill hold my tongue.
    ~Erik~

(I thought E83 support was already out, was that just more of a beta/limited release type deal?)
    It's been a limited release deal, not too much of a call for tuning 1.2L motors

it plainly says DO NOT FLASH THIS OR IT COULD BRICK. If people cant read that...Ill hold my tongue.
    Companies have to make up warning signs like these ones, so don't underestimate anybody..

I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    It's been a limited release deal, not too much of a call for tuning 1.2L motors

Companies have to make up warning signs like these ones, so don't underestimate anybody..

Pics no worky, and I figured, thought they were 1.8L guys? Still, probably not a lot of desire unless someone just wants the fueling cleaned up a tad, a hair more spark, and fix the trans.
    ~Erik~

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast