Page 8 of 32 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: EFILive 2.8L Duramax E98 ECM Support

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tre-Cool View Post
    well haven't done exhaust yet. but will be happening. I'm already over the DPF regen. I've only done 450km's and it's done it twice now.

EGT's sit around 500/600c when it's happening from all appearences
    Its retarded, I hated it when mine did it... I'm stuck right now, we don't have the dpf ninja in the USA, nor are there any lights at the end if the tunnel.. For now I have it to where it drives without reduced engine power and without dosing fuel via post injection. Post injection is what heats up the first stage of catalyst, there is a fuel dosing injector further back to light off the second catalyst which burns off the soot. Right now I can't even use efi because it doesn't do what I need. I wish someone with much more brains than me gets to work on a cax file for this and I will come back to exclusive efilive use. I have to use both hpt and efi to get what I need done and its not even fully working. I get stick in perpetual filter cleaning. At the same stop light a few blocks from my house I get 4 chimes and a message on the dic that tells me "cleaning exhaust filter continue driving"... Its sort of broken I suppose, but still drives with full power and good mileage so I guess it could be worse

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Does yours get like a cam lope to it at idle also?

Kind of cool but a bit disconcerting when it first happened. now that it's done it a few times i figure it must be part and parcel of the regen process?

I'm also using both efi/hpt on mine

Lifetime Member

Does your get like a cam lope to it at idle also?

Kind of cool but a bit disconcerting when it first happened. now that it's done it a few times i figure it must be part and parcel of the regen process?
    I don't know about a lope.. But when it was actually cleaning and I would be driving at lower speed you could hear the difference in the tone for sure. It comes from the throttle being closed down and changing the fueling modes to assist in raising temps prior to the first cat in the downpipe...

well haven't done exhaust yet. but will be happening. I'm already over the DPF regen. I've only done 450km's and it's done it twice now.
    That does seem pretty frequent. I can only base this on my own experience with my old Diesel Cruze where it would do what I call maintenance burn off's between the 'big one' that would last 10 mins and smelt like the car was about to burn down. Yours might be going through the same thing because when you look at the pre DPF models they ran pretty clean so it wouldn't make sense they need to do a full burn off every 200 odd KM's.

Quote Originally Posted by hacklerjason View Post
    I have to use both hpt and efi to get what I need done and its not even fully working.
    You mean HPT has parameters for DPF deletes on the US Colorado?
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    That does seem pretty frequent. I can only base this on my own experience with my old Diesel Cruze where it would do what I call maintenance burn off's between the 'big one' that would last 10 mins and smelt like the car was about to burn down. Yours might be going through the same thing because when you look at the pre DPF models they ran pretty clean so it wouldn't make sense they need to do a full burn off every 200 odd KM's.

You mean HPT has parameters for DPF deletes on the US Colorado?
    No... As previously stated, its sort of in a broken state right now... Hpt does not have delete params... It does have the ability to turn codes off, but nothing beyond that... I meant broken as in being stuck in perpetual filter cleaning. It isn't actually cleaning the filter, it just thinks it is. I am locked out of my DIC because of that message.. I need that ability because otherwise that fancy DIC they put in these trucks is worthless... I can't see instant mpg, or historic average mpg, oil pressure, tire pressure, nothing... And it is constantly chiming at me to let me know to keep driving so it can clean a filter that isn't there... I understand the perspective of being in compliance with the epa and what not.. But the epa is for us to worry about, and as you can see, we the people are still doing what we were going to do anyway. Its just that there isn't a really solid way to do it.. There or some that have had great success and there are a handful of us here that are stuck with these cleaning messages... I decided not to invest the time, money, or any other resources of my own to investigate the real solution. Having done research it seems a little bit out of my league. But I know there are people with the brains, time, and money to get these broken trucks fixed. In the meantime, I just have to hope it comes sooner than later. I could care less about the warranty, I'm a diesel technician. I also live in a state where we don't have sniffers... Our local island air quality test sites indicate that our air is of sufficient quality that we don't smog here...

But the epa is for us to worry about, and as you can see, we the people are still doing what we were going to do anyway
    Sorry, but that is not the ideal view to have with what is going on out there. ANY software package that gives every user the means to do what you want is on borrowed time. That is why we never have and likely never will put any DPF delete parameters in our software for these trucks, I haven't even looked at how it could be done because we knew we would not be doing it. But that has been our stance for many years now on many Diesel platforms.

But I know there are people with the brains, time, and money to get these broken trucks fixed. In the meantime, I just have to hope it comes sooner than later.
    I think you'll find because of the current state of affairs if people do know they are not going to tell anyone and put a target on their backs.

I could care less about the warranty, I'm a diesel technician. I also live in a state where we don't have sniffers...
    Well I would have to assume that if you live in a state that falls under EPA jurisdiction then it makes no difference, the law is the law.

Sorry, not trying to be a wet mop but things happen for a reason.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Lifetime Member

Yes they do... And I have no bone to pick with efi live, I like it even within it limitations

Thanks

Lifetime Member

I also have a question that I know you can legally answer though... Can you please confirm that all previous MY Holden Colorados have NOT had dpfs installed at the factory... I am pulling wiring diagrams from acdelco tds and the wiring diagrams show dpfs when I'm sure I read that they do not...

So with the 17 models in Aus. What would you expect to be in the code somewhere for the dpf, seeing as it's the same OS & Calibration between the non-dpf 16 models?

A switch state or option in the code?

Page 8 of 32 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast