Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FlashScan being recognized as "Scan Only" when uploading tune

Default FlashScan being recognized as "Scan Only" when uploading tune

Hello All,

I have purchased a Flashscan V1.2. It came with some registration information that did not match the serial number of the flashscan device that I received. In addition, it is an "Autotap" registration certification printed on a piece of paper dated June 22 2004. I was told that the registration key on the paper was the correct one, but I have been unable to get my EFILive software to register. When I view the Flashscan V1 PCM license information it says that it is a Personal Scan&Tune. The Firmware is the most current one dated 18JAN2005, and shows that it has completed 20 reflashes.

When I go to upload a modified tune to my car (2002 Camaro LS1B), it says that my cable is "Scan Only" and it won't upload the tune. So, just to test, i used my old registration information from my prior flashscan and it took the registration (no longer in demo mode without the flashscan plugged in). I tested it again, still the same result. What gives? Is it because I have been unable to get my EFILive software registered with the correct serial number to the device I'm trying to use? Or is there something wrong with my Flashscan v1.2? I also checked the driver version and I'm using the most current one 2.08.28, and using the most current EFILive software on Windows 7.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Haans249

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Log a help desk issue as described here: http://support.efilive.com/kb_articl...7778-QEKN-0400
    Include the *.blx trace file from the failed flash attempt.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Quote Originally Posted by Blacky View Post
    Log a help desk issue as described here: http://support.efilive.com/kb_articl...7778-QEKN-0400
    Include the *.blx trace file from the failed flash attempt.

Regards
    Paul
    Help Desk question opened. I'll let everyone know the result. Attached are pictures of the issue I'm having just for everyone's reference.

Thanks.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cable Information.jpg 
Views:	247 
Size:	81.3 KB 
ID:	16481   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tune error.jpg 
Views:	266 
Size:	249.2 KB 
ID:	16480  

Did you ever get this resolved? I am having the exact same issue and have tried reinstalling, rolling back to an earlier version of 7.5, then a v6, usb drivers, restarting computer, different usb cable etc etc to no avail

Quote Originally Posted by estringer View Post
    Did you ever get this resolved? I am having the exact same issue and have tried reinstalling, rolling back to an earlier version of 7.5, then a v6, usb drivers, restarting computer, different usb cable etc etc to no avail
    Does your blue card info match your V1's serial number...?

Do Help->About and post a screenshot.

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post

Do Help->About and post a screenshot.
    Soooooo... Problem is i changed laptops over a year ago and had never re entered registration number. somehow i figured authentication code was the same. Emailed support with my serial number and am waiting for a response. Posted for future reference for anyone

Soooooo... Problem is i changed laptops over a year ago and had never re entered registration number. somehow i figured authentication code was the same. Emailed support with my serial number and am waiting for a response. Posted for future reference for anyone
    I lied. recieved a registration code, and issue date, entered both into efilive, still same results. waiting on tech support to respond.

Joecar - i have used builds 282, 283, 286? (july pre release) as well as v6 on two seperate laptops, changed usb cables, still reads the pcm fine, but continually refuses to reflash the pcm..... glorious.

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

I lied. recieved a registration code, and issue date, entered both into efilive, still same results. waiting on tech support to respond.

Joecar - i have used builds 282, 283, 286? (july pre release) as well as v6 on two seperate laptops, changed usb cables, still reads the pcm fine, but continually refuses to reflash the pcm..... glorious.
    After you get the "This device is a scan only device" error, can you please locate the newest trace file in the folder:
    \My Documents\EFILive\V7.5\Bug reports
    The file will be named like this: YYYYMMDD_hhmmss_download.blx
    where YYYYMMDD is the date and hhmmss is the time that the failure occurred.

Please send the *.blx file(s) to me at paul@efilive.com
    Include a link to this thread so I know what it is about.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Figured I'd chime in here, I'm estringer's roommate, trying to help him diagnose this problem. Helpdesk has been no help offering nothing but generic answers and still hasn't replied to our correspondence last week, but we have traced the problem to something in the builds. V7.5 build 126 which is not available but he happened to have on an old harddrive had no problem flashing his car. It should be noted that 126 still supports .tun files.

I'll remind him of this thread and have him email the *.blx file anyways, because I would like to see him be able to use a more current version. Your responses are appreciated Blacky.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast