Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Public Release #2 (Dec 2017)

I reloaded to a previous version and everything seems to be working fine now.

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Schwanke Engines View Post
    I reloaded to a previous version and everything seems to be working fine now.
    It is possible that the USB drivers are causing the problems.

In the trace files that you sent the USB driver version that was being used was 02.12.26
    When you reverted back to an older version of the software it may also have reverted back the USB drivers. Can you please run the EFILive V8 Control Panel and select the [F8: About] tab page and see what the current USB driver version is. If the driver has reverted back to an older version then that could explain the cause.

Another possible reason could be if you are using a laptop/PC with USB 3.0 sockets. In that case it may be necessary to switch of xHCI as described in this post:
    https://forum.efilive.com/showthread...rs-(USB3-xHCI)

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

USB driver version is 02.12.26

I just tried installing this latest version, and was getting "stream write error" messages popping up repeatedly.
    I then uninstalled and tried a fresh install, after wiping the remainder of the EFILive folders in Program Files and Documents, but now it says "Cannot create file "C:\Users\<my username>\Documents\EFILive\Config\EFILiveScanAndT une.ini". The system cannot find the path specified."

Any advice to resolve this? Windows 10 with the most current updates. Installing the old versions available on the site isn't doing the trick, either.

Locate the EFILive V8 Scan and Tune icon on your desktop. Hold down the Ctrl key on your PC keyboard and double click the icon. That should start EFILive in "startup-log" mode. It should create a log file called: \Documents\EFILive\Trace\EFILive_ScanAndTune_Start upLog.txt
    View the contents of that file using Notepad, it may provide some more information about what might be causing the problem.

Other things to consider:
    If your laptop is/was connected to a network when you installed the software and is no longer connected to a network then the "Documents" folder may not be where EFILive expects to find it.
    If you may have multiple user accounts on your PC and you installed it via one user and are attempting to run it as a different user then the "Documents" folder may not be where EFILive expects to find it.

Regards
    Paul

Paul, tried your suggestion, and the folder and log aren't created. The path in the error message is where my local documents folder is, and the software was installed as my current windows user. Any other suggestions?
    After I clear the first dialog about the ini file, I get a bunch of "access violation" popups.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	efilive error.png 
Views:	289 
Size:	6.8 KB 
ID:	21881

After you install the software there should be an installation log file created in the installation folder. So if you installed the application in C:\Program Files (x86)\EFILive\V8, then there should be a file called: C:\Program Files (x86)\EFILive\V8\InstallLog.txt

Take a look in that file (using Notepad) and see if you can see any errors that might point you in the direction of what went wrong. And/or send me that file to paul@efilive.com with a link to this thread so I know what it's about.

Regards
    Paul

Paul, I'm not blocked, as I have an XP laptop that seems perfectly happy to install and run both V8 and V7 with the latest installers, but I'd like to verify you got my email with the installer logs.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by required field View Post
    Paul, I'm not blocked, as I have an XP laptop that seems perfectly happy to install and run both V8 and V7 with the latest installers, but I'd like to verify you got my email with the installer logs.

Thanks!
    I did get the emails, thanks. I'm away from the office for an extended period but I have looked over the files and I also can't see any problems with the installation.

Regards
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Blacky View Post
    I did get the emails, thanks. I'm away from the office for an extended period but I have looked over the files and I also can't see any problems with the installation.

Regards
    Paul
    Thanks. I'll keep my eyes on this thread in case you have any further suggestions (such as command line options, debug output, whatever) that might help solve this one!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123