Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: September 2016: EFILive Beta Test Release

Quote Originally Posted by bobo View Post
    Are you going to add the rpm limit fix to the CMC (CM2100)?
    I've struggled with that for a long time Bobo.
    But at least recently we've seen good feedback for the 2010+ RPM's and Fueling with some additions we've added.
    Last edited by GMPX; October 4th, 2016 at 10:11 AM.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Did some playing today/tonight and i can confirm the 17 model Aus Colorado does not use the Pattern 1 & 2 Injection timings maps.

I suspect it uses at least 2 other ones. 1 for normal running & another for when its doing a DPF regen (could be 2 here 1 for idle, 1 for non-idle)

To test my theory I added 4 degrees to the entire maps, all 3 for injection 1. logged, even did some wot. then i repeated for injection 2 maps and put injection 1 maps back to stock. both logs were identical.

As for the DPF Maps, i noticed the car got more doughy/smell while i was driving which is an easy tell, & while the car was idling at a mates place (I still had logger going) the car made a distinct Idle Rpm/Vac & Ignition timing change. Which again does not match Inj 1 or 2 maps.

I've uploaded that log here.

Bare in mind that my maps are probably not stock in those other maps thanks to *cough* .Log_MMU-DPF_0007.efi

Well the whole operating mode thing is a mess to be honest, I was going to add in a DMA PID to make life easier to track what it was doing but the way the code is done it is not the same between OS's.
    Eg if you logged it was in Mode 4 on an Aussie model that might not be the same map sets the US model was using, it's a bit ugly. I do know that pre 2017 they only ever seemed to use 'normal' mode which is why we never looked too much more in to it.
    I'll just add to that when I had my Diesel Cruze I only ever tuned the normal running mode maps, when it was doing a regen I just figured I'd let it do its thing the way the factory intended, but that's just my thought process.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    Well the whole operating mode thing is a mess to be honest, I was going to add in a DMA PID to make life easier to track what it was doing but the way the code is done it is not the same between OS's.
    Eg if you logged it was in Mode 4 on an Aussie model that might not be the same map sets the US model was using, it's a bit ugly. I do know that pre 2017 they only ever seemed to use 'normal' mode which is why we never looked too much more in to it.
    I'll just add to that when I had my Diesel Cruze I only ever tuned the normal running mode maps, when it was doing a regen I just figured I'd let it do its thing the way the factory intended, but that's just my thought process.
    I was wondering if there was a Mode Pid, it would definitely be handy for development or laying out what the car is doing. But i guess doing a couple of changes & then flashing to find out where things are is not that hard either. Biggest issue would be is you sometimes don't know if it's doing a full regen or a partial in the my17. I was going to start a thread with all my findings once I had it sussed out, just to make it easier/less guess work for others in the future.

Do you require a copy of my tune to decompile?

The problem with a Mode PID as such is in the code GM use jump tables to select the maps to be used, so for example something like this (these aren't real values).
    Mode PID
    1 = Use Normal Mode Maps
    2 = Use Alt Mode 2
    3 = Use Alt Mode 2
    4 = Use Normal Mode Maps
    5 = Use Alt Mode 1
    6 = Use Normal Mode Maps

And so on, I think from memory there was at least 12 or 13 'Modes' that then point to 5 or 6 map groups, on the US cals there is more.
    But here is there problem, take a different OS and it might work like this:

Mode PID
    1 = Use Normal Mode Maps
    2 = Use Alt Mode 4
    3 = Use Normal Mode Maps
    4 = Use Alt Mode 1
    5 = Use Alt Mode 1
    6 = Use Alt Mode 2

Sure we could log the value that defines what Map to jump to, but we can't always know what that Map is because from one OS to another 2 does not mean the 2nd map and so on.

Yeah i understood what you meant the first go around. Would be bit coding involved on your end to work it all out & then i guess you would need to setup configs based on each OS or Cal once it's defined.

I'm guessing it's in the Calibration side of the OS since it's still the same OS between 16 & 17 Aus colorado's?

I'm happy to work things out myself if you can provide me a cal with the additional modes and I'll report back my findings.

Quote Originally Posted by Tre-Cool View Post
    Would be bit coding involved on your end to work it all out & then i guess you would need to setup configs based on each OS or Cal once it's defined.
    Yes, which the scantool cannot currently do.

I'm guessing it's in the Calibration side of the OS since it's still the same OS between 16 & 17 Aus colorado's?
    Yes, this stuff is hardcoded in the OS.

I'm happy to work things out myself if you can provide me a cal with the additional modes and I'll report back my findings.
    That would take me days to add all the additional modes in, so maybe not right now. And part of the reason we never did it for the local OS was because they only ever ran in normal mode until the 2017 model came along.

Looks like i might need to flash to the 16 model os even earlier. haha.

No big deal as i can wait. I'm only up to 1300km's on it now.

Didn't you try the 2016 cals already?

Yeah i did. the stock 16 file worked fine. when i tried a file that had been blended with some mods from hpt is where it did weird things with stationary to moving power. (like nothing nothing, let's go! power!!!)

I'm just a bit concerned about running the 16 cal long term while i still have the dpf crap still on it. Since the longest i've gotten so far is about 300km's before regen distance resets.

I did go from about 110rwkw to 137 with the 17 cal, but no matter what i tried I couldn't get it to increase boost.

After finding the hpt stuff is all kinds of messed up, I'm trying to stay away from using it. I can happily wait for the additional tables to appear as im not looking to tune these in a commercial sense, this is my own personal vehicle.

I'm also curious to know how the Custom OS will handle the DPF regen's now too, especially if they are using different modes. Or are you guys simplifying the code some how? Maybe that's an option for me?
    Last edited by Tre-Cool; October 4th, 2016 at 05:56 PM.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast