Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Holden Colorado MY14 Duramax 2.8

Quote Originally Posted by poopsbrown View Post
    Yea, I was talking about the Holden one just to play with, I haven't heard much at all about the USA diesels yet.
    Local Holden dealer told us there is 13 on back order, ETA 3 months! Crazy.

Can the V2 do 1939 can0 to read out most cummins at least? Would be handy if I was on the road, havent tried yet.
    No, J1939 is not implemented in V2.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

If you guys take a peek at it later, it would be awesome. Not needing the laptop everywhere would be nice. I know all the cummins from 03+ can do 1939. I havent played with the 'encrypted' cummins ecus. They have what is basicaly the exact same ECU in service in MD/HD applications, they just lock it down for dodge I guess. Wonder if the Digital signature crap can be turned off with an alternative comms standard allowing read/write over obd2 can0 or 1939 can0... Yet another on the 'play' list

Damn parts monkeys! lol

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    Local Holden dealer told us there is 13 on back order, ETA 3 months! Crazy.
    I feel sorry for anyone who has one fail on them.

I doubt they are failing, it will be misdiagnosis, if in doubt replace the ECM.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

I hear this is a EDC16+ C39 . Wonder what they will run stateside.

If we are talking about new ECM's.....
    Any chance of tune only support for ford 6.7L scorpion engines? They are running edc17c05's. The 6.4L is a edc17c01 IIRC.... I can get you guys bin files from it if you want to start poking and prodding? Same setup as chevy due to us laws. They have readout protection/ tprot enabled , but flashing is wide open.

I hear this is a EDC16+ C39 . Wonder what they will run stateside.
    The older models were EDC16, they have since changed to the ECM that is hard to get.

Any chance of tune only support for ford 6.7L scorpion engines? They are running edc17c05's. The 6.4L is a edc17c01 IIRC.... I can get you guys bin files from it if you want to start poking and prodding? Same setup as chevy due to us laws. They have readout protection/ tprot enabled , but flashing is wide open.
    Flashing them is a little tricky, FORD implemented their own non Bosch ways

The older models were EDC16, they have since changed to the ECM that is hard to get.

Flashing them is a little tricky, FORD implemented their own non Bosch ways
    I have been doing some digging and talking to some hardware guys.

several different levels of on board diag with the tri-cores, even some deeper than listed below where you can watch whats going on in the processor and how it talks to other devices.
    In boot-mode you can use
    BDM
    Jtag
    AND.... CANBUS! Yayyyy.

I am using the Magpro x17 which works very well, and I intend on bench flashing the ford ecm soon, but I wonder if the V2 could bench flash tri-core based ecms via canbus and the bootpin. Also no solder needed pins have been made and are cheap. Could be a good combo for the bigger tuning shops in the usa even if they dont have soldering skills etc.

Sorry for the derail on this, but its all good info
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	$_57.JPG 
Views:	424 
Size:	95.4 KB 
ID:	16980  

I am using the Magpro x17 which works very well............Sorry for the derail on this, but its all good info
    Yet again pimping non EFILive products!, might be time to join the McDonalds forum and tell them how good Burger King is , Paul already sent you a message about this sort of thing.

Yet again pimping non EFILive products!, might be time to join the McDonalds forum and tell them how good Burger King is , Paul already sent you a message about this sort of thing.
    SIncerely, my bad. I thought it was just no clone talk. Ie, thats why there is file import tools built in now, for reading ecu's with non efilive products.

Anyhow, I am not trying to bust balls about that, I will edit the post if you want.

I was getting at efilive being able to bench flash some/most of these and how it could be good vs buying expensive single use tools.

SIncerely, my bad. I thought it was just no clone talk.
    Well that goes without saying regarding the Chinese clone stuff of those Euro tuners, I really feel for the companies like MPPS who invest all that R&D only to have it sold on Ebay for $20 out of Shangshui.

Ie, thats why there is file import tools built in now, for reading ecu's with non efilive products.
    EFILive will import the Alientech JTAG reads because these are not encrypted in any way and it is a tool many of the early LML tuners were using. (Is that what you meant?)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast