Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Public release, March 29, 2012

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Highlander View Post
    Was the GM.EOPS PID removed from this release?

No its still there same as its always been.

Unless the second digit of the VIN is "G" and the fourth is "F", then the EOPS PID won't show up (i.e. for F-Bodies).
    F-Body controllers report the EOPS PID as valid, but there was no oil pressure sender to provide that PID with valid data on the F Bodies.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    2012 Cruze is in there, but, I forgot to add two important torque tables, without them it won't make more power than stock, however both the 2012 OS's have had the tables added today and will get in to a release ASAP.
    Thank you!!! I know a LOT of people will be very pleased with this, looking forward to that correction being released soon, please let us know.
    '12 Caprice PPV 6.0 L77 - daily transportation
    8.7 @ 84 (1/8 mile) bolt-ons

'02 Silverado RCSB 5.3 L59 - regularly street driven
    8.2 @ 86 (1/8 mile) stock cam and spray
    8.6 @ 84 (1/8 mile) cam and heads no spray

Our YOUTUBE CHANNEL featuring the Silverado

Default GM.EOPS and CALC.EOPS

Quote Originally Posted by Highlander View Post
    Was the GM.EOPS PID removed from this release?
    Highlander,

if you want that pid go File->Enter VIN and enter the VIN from a same year Corvette...

e.g. I change the first 4 digits of the VIN to 1G1Y... this makes the pid GM.EOPS show up which then allows CALC.EOPS to become valid;

Paul said that the 2nd digit has to be G and the 4th digit has to be Y (and not F)... I think that's what he said.

[ of course, in an F-car you would have to wire up an EOPS to the PCM to get meaningful data from those pids ]
    Last edited by joecar; March 29th, 2012 at 02:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Boost View Post
    Thank you!!! I know a LOT of people will be very pleased with this, looking forward to that correction being released soon, please let us know.
    Yeah, I had a call from a shop over here who had a 2012 Cruze strapped on the dyno, it was making no more power than stock no matter what....oops, the two tables cured the problem.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Cant remote flash a tune into my car with my Flash scan V2........the file has been converted to a CTZ but when i got to flash it in with my v2 IT COMES UP WITH $050B ERROR and says its not compatible with the current firmware.........but i have updated the V2 with the latest firmware in the new release as well as the latest bootblock.........what have i done wrong?

Cheers Scotty

Quote Originally Posted by scottcmb View Post
    Cant remote flash a tune into my car with my Flash scan V2........the file has been converted to a CTZ but when i got to flash it in with my v2 IT COMES UP WITH $050B ERROR and says its not compatible with the current firmware.........but i have updated the V2 with the latest firmware in the new release as well as the latest bootblock.........what have i done wrong?

Cheers Scotty
    You need to re-copy all the support files (*.obj, *.bix etc) onto the V2.
    Connect up the V2, open the [F5: BBX] tab page in the V8 software, click [Read] to get the current V2 config, then click [Program] to update that same config back into the V2.

It updates the files based on dates, sometimes due to date/time differences between here and where you are it may not work in the first 24 hours after a release.
    So you can force it by clicking the little black triangle on the [Program] button and selecting [Program All Required Data (slower)]. It will take longer but all files will be updated regardless of date/time stamps.

Regards
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Blacky View Post
    sometimes due to date/time differences between here and where you are it may not work in the first 24 hours after a release.
    Ha, I forgot you're just down in Tokoroa
    Regards
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    Yeah, I had a call from a shop over here who had a 2012 Cruze strapped on the dyno, it was making no more power than stock no matter what....oops, the two tables cured the problem.
    Haha, that's nice, well like I said I anxiously anticipate the correct release, please do let us know as soon as it's available! Thanks again!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Boost View Post
    Haha, that's nice, well like I said I anxiously anticipate the correct release, please do let us know as soon as it's available! Thanks again!!!
    Paul hinted for Sunday, but if you want to proceed then use this release and I can send you the .calz file with the updates, it's all done.

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Oh pleeease would you Ross? I didn't want to ask but I'd GREATLY appreciate it!

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast