Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tuning LBZ Elevated Idle

Quote Originally Posted by maxxflip View Post
    It works for warming the truck up i have it set to ramp up to 1200 untill 156*F
    then back to norm

So you are saying that you changed the table so the high idle runs untill the coolant temp reaches 156 then your idle declines to the factory table settings.

So have you tried to shift your truck into gear while your coolant temp is at 150 degrees yet???
    2007 GMC 2500HD CCSB

Bone Stock... I Swear

Quote Originally Posted by Philbilly2 View Post
    Problem:
    I just bought an 07 Classic and would like to tune it to ramp up the elevated idle all the time like my other trucks.

This table is not available on the LBZ tuning that I can find.

Is this an option that I can find elsewere in the tuning software????
    just to let you know, i have a high idle/PTO switch on my truck and the first setting is 800 rpm and there is little to no change in oil pressure (at least from my factory gauge, which i guess is not very accurate) from regular idle to 800rpm. If i bump it to 1200 then it does increase.
    06 GMC 2500 LBZ

Quote Originally Posted by Philbilly2 View Post
    So you are saying that you changed the table so the high idle runs untill the coolant temp reaches 156 then your idle declines to the factory table settings.

So have you tried to shift your truck into gear while your coolant temp is at 150 degrees yet???
    Ya for now still playing around with gonna drop to the next lower temp setting and max out the cold vane position to help warm up
    Right now it @ 900 rpm @ 156 F and its not bad going into gear
    still got some tweaking to do
    oh and dont shake your head at me we all know its not good to idle a diesel at 140F ect for lonng periods
    Stock 2006 LBZ

Quote Originally Posted by maxxflip View Post
    Ya for now still playing around with gonna drop to the next lower temp setting and max out the cold vane position to help warm up
    Right now it @ 900 rpm @ 156 F and its not bad going into gear
    still got some tweaking to do
    oh and dont shake your head at me we all know its not good to idle a diesel at 140F ect for lonng periods
    I am not shaking my head at what you are trying to do or why you are trying to do it, I am shaking my head and questioning your approch at it.

You need to have a way to decrease your idle before you shift into gear. Making the factory idle tables hold a RPM that is not good to be shifting trans into gear non is it good for driving as it will try to push through the brakes. As we have found the elevated idle tables are not in the current EFILive software, maybe a PTO high idle is the route that we need to take untill the software is updated and the elevated idle can be tuned to what it needs to be tuned to for a clean shift into gear.
    2007 GMC 2500HD CCSB

Bone Stock... I Swear

Lifetime Member

Take a look at this post using MM3 to control Idle. It might help than messing with the idle table. http://www.duramaxdiesels.com/forum/...ead.php?t=8875

Brian
    2007.5 GMT-900 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD CC/LB LTZ 4x4 Summit White.
    With the LMM Duramax 365hp/660tq, MW7 Allison 1000 6-speed
    EFILive LMM DSP5 Settings, 500HP, 450HP, 400HP,Tow with Turbine Brake, and Stock HP.

UA Steamfitter, Local 136 Evansville, IN - Remember if you want to play you got to pay.

Lifetime Member

To EFLive. Can you view other parts of the ECM tune and see differences that you currently don't have tables for. I assume the tune data there is more there than you are dealing with. So if you had xmadmax tune if 8594 and maxflip 8594. But i say the DIC is a BCM related item. Be nice someday someone come up with a tuner for BCM than a Tech II.

Edit: never mind I see you are aware of it and someday may include it.

Brian
    2007.5 GMT-900 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD CC/LB LTZ 4x4 Summit White.
    With the LMM Duramax 365hp/660tq, MW7 Allison 1000 6-speed
    EFILive LMM DSP5 Settings, 500HP, 450HP, 400HP,Tow with Turbine Brake, and Stock HP.

UA Steamfitter, Local 136 Evansville, IN - Remember if you want to play you got to pay.

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    It's something we have been looking to add for a while, the necessary parameters will be added in at some stage.

Resurrecting an old thread but wondering if there has been any progress in making this table available in the software for LBZ&LMM?

I have a "work around" solution with a high idle PTO switch but tuning in the software is more desirable.....and automated.

Thanks!

^X2, curious if you guess have any plans for this or if the idea has been scrapped. I would love to activated it around 50F for the "cold" Texas winters =D

Lifetime Member

Thread is almost 6yrs old. I doubt they are going to spend more time on this controller.

High idle switch is the easiest and doesn't require any wasted tuning slots in the DSP5

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12