Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread: Beta testing for SF .

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gmh308 View Post
    Is Black Box Write far away Paul?
    No, not too far now.

The BBF implementation required folders/subfolders to be navigated in EFILive_Explorer and on the FlashScan device itself. That allows you to organize multiple tunes in folders/subfolders. Having folders/subfolders allows you to select tune files on FlashScan, without having to scroll through hundreds of files.

I am aiming to have a beta version available for the beta testers on Friday 27th Nov.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blacky View Post
    No, not too far now.

The BBF implementation required folders/subfolders to be navigated in EFILive_Explorer and on the FlashScan device itself. That allows you to organize multiple tunes in folders/subfolders. Having folders/subfolders allows you to select tune files on FlashScan, without having to scroll through hundreds of files.

I am aiming to have a beta version available for the beta testers on Friday 27th Nov.

Regards
    Paul
    Cool! Way to go! Thankyou! It'll be fanastic to have this ability without carting a PC around.

Do you expect similar cal flash times? i.e. around 45 secs for an E38/E67/T43?

Also will BBF do full flash?

And....any chance DVT's will make it onto the hand held in the future?

Lifetime Member

Awesome, cant wait! Thats the Friday after Thanksgiving here in the states, I can test my P10 and E67/T42! Ill be without my 02 after that weekend though, finally get to drive the SS full time. woot woot
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

No, not too far now.

Regards
    Paul
    Black Friday is going to be a wait and see day for me , Verizon may or may not announce a HTC Passion (if not Droid is being ordered) , and now this , .
    2005 1500 HD , Custom OS3 SD tune .
    2006 Trailblazer
    Dinosaurs and Plants gave their lives so that we may drive , long live fossil fuel .

Lifetime Member

I'll check out why EQ_RAT is not showing up.

Regards
    Paul
    Any luck on the AWOL EQ-RAT Paul?

Thx!

Quote Originally Posted by gmh308 View Post
    Any luck on the AWOL EQ-RAT Paul?

Thx!
    No, it is still on the list to check before the next update goes out.
    That update has stalled because I have been updating the development machines from Vista to Win7 and...

1. I messed up some software license transfers and am waiting for them to be resolved before I can re-install the dev software on Win7.

2. I upgraded the dev environment at the same time I upgraded to win7 and am still porting the V8 software to the new dev software. (V7 will stay on the old dev environment as it is not compatible with the new dev tools).

That means I need to have both old and new dev environments. We (Andrew actually) is building virtual machines to handle concurrent old/new dev environments on the development machines - nothing is ever simple in this world.

Anyway once its done, I will be able to rebuild the next update and fix the niggly issues that have been raised over the past month. I hope that will happen by Friday 27th.

Regards
    Paul

Lifetime Member

Sounds like a plan, gotta love VMs. But this to me just points out that V7 is history and V8 is here, cant wait for it to go beta! Im dying to know what the new GUI will look like...
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

I'm not going to make the Fri deadline for BBF. I've had to spend too long copying and re-setting up EFILive's development machines on Win7. We just did a massive changeover from Vista to Win7.

So far I am impressed with Win7, it performs, it is stable and it is not intrusive so far (fingers crossed). I can't put an exact price on it, but Vista has cost us (and I presume many others) a lot of time, money and effort. I'm glad to see the end of it.

I'm almost tempted to release the version 8 software for Win2K, WinXP and Win7 only. I think Vista should be resigned to the same rubbish bin as Windows ME.

I'm out of the office for the weekend but I am planning on finishing the BBF release next week.

Regards
    Paul

Lifetime Member

Thanks Paul for the update. We know BBF will be quality whenever it makes it out.

Do you think DVT will ever make it into the handheld?

Looks like experiences with Vista are really mixed. Most stable OS I have ever seen on a laptop in 12 years + of laptops. Have had up to around 1,000 hours of uptime with hundreds of hibernates/suspends in that time and it still ran. XP usually swallowed its tongue every hundred hours or so.

Though if you are impressed with W7, thats really good reference. And good encouragement to change.

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast