Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Guide: How to flash the ECM with handheld: V2: BB

Andrew, the links in post #19 are also broken.

To Tordne: I am running rev.130 on 7.5.6 and rev.111 of 8.1.2.

To Blacky: In trouble shooting this, I first moved the .ctd file to the root directory of my C: drive to make the path shorter, but that didn't help. I could copy/paste or drag/drop to the 'tune' folder but not to any sub-folders such as 'read' or any that I made. The PDF used a file called test.ctd, so I renamed my file(s) to be indictative of what they meant to me, but kept the name as short as possible. Then all worked....copy/paste or drag/drop all put them where they should go, no problems after shortening-up the name of my files. It is odd that I could put my files into 'tune' but not into any of the sub-folders either 'read' or ones I made. This was with the long named files and when coming from the C:\root even.

Works fine if names are shorter.

Thanks,
    John

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dream2000 View Post
    To Tordne: I am running rev.130 on 7.5.6 and rev.111 of 8.1.2.
    What about the firmware revision of FlashScan?
    A few changes have been made in recent updates to fix some problems with long file names. If you don't have the latest 2.06.39 or later then that may be causing some issues.
    Regards
    PAul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Paul, I always update the firmware every time I update V8, so it is running on 2_06_40. It is verified after flash by EFI Explorer.
    The revision numbers that Tordne mentioned links to must be Beta's as I had just updated to latest from dlownloads page on website....ie: Latest stable release.

Thanks again for looking into this. I got past it, but the info may help others who encounter similar problems.

John
    Last edited by Dream2000; August 27th, 2010 at 11:51 PM. Reason: spelling

I am running rev.130 on 7.5.6 and rev.111 of 8.1.2.

I have updated V2 and it shows it has the latest updates. (Although I do not know where to go to see the actual firmware number)

I do not have an F9 tab (Format Config) in EFi Live Explorer. Obviously I have done something wrong. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Correction, I found my current firmware and boot block: Firmware 2.06.40 Bootblock 2.06.03

I may have found my problem. I do not have an SD card. Is this my problem? If so, what exactly do I need.

Thanks! (I hate being ignorant)
    Last edited by mnotx; August 28th, 2010 at 02:05 AM.

Blacky,

I am also updated to the latest V7 & V8. I have firmware 2.06.40 also. When trying to apply a .ctd file to one of the sub folders in the tune file of the V2 I get a (File or Folder cannot be found). I can drag and drop the .ctd files into the tune file. I can also successfully perform a BBF with the files installed there. I did not try shortening the file names if that helps. I just thought I would let you know what I have found.

Thanks

I think the lack of an SD is your problem as the internal mem is small. I don't know what you're trying to tune, but the files I am playing with are 2,500~K, which Is bigger than internal mem I think?

I used a 2g Kingston SD. They have been harder & harder to find, but I found a couple for about $8 each.

There are threads on here about what works,etc.

But for now, a regular SD 64m to 2g works. (the later SD's are labeled SDHC for high capacity). Those start at 4g and go upto 32g(?).

I think Blacky posted that he had to rewrite the drivers for SD data so as to allow the newer SDHC cards to work. He also aggreed that the 2g SD's are hard to find anymore, so he re-did the drivers to handle the larger SDHC's

Hopt that helps.

John
    Last edited by Dream2000; August 28th, 2010 at 02:32 AM. Reason: Changed M to Kb....big mistake

540diesel:

You encountered the same thing I had.

I bet you can 'add' new folders to the 'tune' folder too?
    But can't put anything in those or the 'read' folder, is that so?

Try shortening up your .CTD file names like I did.

I did not test it, but I agree that puting them in just the 'tune' folder seems ok too as I can see them there thru the BB when it asks to select the file you want to load. I did not do any loading as I did not connect to the truck. I went thru the motions though, and it tried to pull the existing tune & save it (failed being not connected to truck) so I do believe having the files in just the 'tune' folder would present no problems?

After shortining my names, I made folders for 'Stock', 'Mileage', etc. and put the corresponding .CTD's in those easily.

Quote Originally Posted by mnotx View Post

I do not have an SD card. Is this my problem? If so, what exactly do I need

Hi mntox, Amazon sells SanDisk 2GB SD cards for about $5-6 each;

this is what I use, but other brands work too, Kingston was mentioned above.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SanDisk 2GB SD card.jpg 
Views:	193 
Size:	47.2 KB 
ID:	8895   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Kingston 2GB SD card.jpg 
Views:	208 
Size:	28.6 KB 
ID:	8896  
    Last edited by joecar; August 28th, 2010 at 07:24 AM.

Dream2000 -

Yes you are right. I can create a file, and I did the same as you and made the test file I believe it was. After I could not get it to work I deleted it. I guess I could shorten my .ctd files but I like keeping the names the same as the .tun file so I know what one matches what .tun file. I have multiple tunes for multiple trucks so I don't want to get anything mixed up.

As far as performing a BBF I don't think you will have a issue. I just flashed one of my trucks today back to a different tune and it worked great. I sure do like changing tunes with the V2 its simple and fast. I am going to put a DSP5 on one so I can change tunes with that.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast