Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: LML wishlist

Default LML wishlist

I understand that need as well. One pet peeve I have is finishing what I start. Many feel some controllers are incomplete. To facilitate proper tuning changes there really is a need some other tables. In particular, LML Ecm and Tcm are two of those controllers. They are becoming very popular among Duramax enthusiasts. There is real promise with this model. Some things you just have to try and tune around what you can't tune. I'm not saying this to offend any of you guys. It's just a fact. I don't believe that I've read or heard anywhere of a commitment to address those concerns in any time frames.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by S Phinney View Post
    I don't believe that I've read or heard anywhere of a commitment to address those concerns in any time frames.
    What concerns specifically?
    And let me just add that my workload is very much spoken for to see out 2016, but your feedback below will help us with time scheduling (and some therapy sessions!)

The other thing to keep in mind, if you've never done any mapping before it is not as simple as you might think. When looking for maps in files there is no big label GM stuck in there saying "Here is a Rail Pressure table", to figure out how something works and interacts with other functions of the ECM can be simple sometimes, other things can be an endless maze.
    Last edited by GMPX; November 23rd, 2016 at 02:53 PM.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Lifetime Member

Here is my wishlist

1.Timing correction tables specifically temperature related ones
    2.More airflow tables mostly pertaining to boost and vain position not sure exactly what but something's missing there.
    3.Speed limiting functions at least for 2015+ it holds at 98mph no what I monkey with, I believe everything is functional for 14 back not 100% on that but the ones I messed with work.
    4. Trans line pressure, I'm sure your tired of hearing about this one.

I'm sure I will think of some more

Thanks Guys!
    Last edited by rcr1978; November 23rd, 2016 at 02:04 PM.
    04 LB7
    2010 LMM
    2015 LML

Lifetime Member

5. Fuel rail pressure relief valve table it's electronically controlled so there must be some sort of table for commanded opening/closing I think think may help get a little more fuel up high that stupid thing is always open I never see it close up even when desired/actual are way far off.
    04 LB7
    2010 LMM
    2015 LML

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    And let me just add that my workload is very much spoken for to see out 2016, but your feedback below will help us with time scheduling (and some therapy sessions!)

The other thing to keep in mind, if you've never done any mapping before it is not as simple as you might think. When looking for maps in files there is no big label GM stuck in there saying "Here is a Rail Pressure table", to figure out how something works and interacts with other functions of the ECM can be simple sometimes, other things can be an endless maze.
    Hey I do appreciate your efforts. I haven't done mapping before. I will make a list as well. Thank you very much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lifetime Member

I looked into the mapping thing, nothing big just winols and it didn't take long to say nope not for me I have no clue what you guys really go through but that was enough for me to move on and wait for something to happen.
    04 LB7
    2010 LMM
    2015 LML

Quote Originally Posted by rcr1978 View Post
    5. Fuel rail pressure relief valve table it's electronically controlled so there must be some sort of table for commanded opening/closing I think think may help get a little more fuel up high that stupid thing is always open I never see it close up even when desired/actual are way far off.
    I got it mapped in hex, I don't use it for any tuning, but it is there.
    www.mscservices.net

Tuner of many, many Duramax and Cummins Diesels.

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post

Lol......if there was a treasure map we all could find the gold.

I just need Line Pressure for LML, if I got that I would be happy.

And the rail pressure max table has another limiter, desired in logs never goes above 29008, even if I command 31k.

That I still have not found yet, but there is another limiter of some kind.
    www.mscservices.net

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by GMC-2002-Dmax View Post
    I got it mapped in hex, I don't use it for any tuning, but it is there.
    Did you ever try to see if it would fuel a little harder closing it up?
    04 LB7
    2010 LMM
    2015 LML

Quote Originally Posted by rcr1978 View Post
    Did you ever try to see if it would fuel a little harder closing it up?
    NO, the cp4 is either going to make pressure or not, I had better luck with the other changes I make.
    www.mscservices.net

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast