Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What's this about Android app?

Default What's this about Android app?

Got the news letter about the Android app, E98 DSP4. I thought the world had came to an end and all of Hell froze over. EFILive has become cutting-edge? Sad, I have an iPhone now, Android on my network got to unreliable on updates so had to switch to iOS.
    Still, was amazed to see EFILive doing Android apps. Now if you would just do a Linux version of the software.
    2005 1500 HD , Custom OS3 SD tune .
    2006 Trailblazer
    Dinosaurs and Plants gave their lives so that we may drive , long live fossil fuel .

We didn't write it internally, I hate smart phones with a passion so I was not about to lean how to program them.
    Linux version you say, when Microsoft write Office for Linux then we might .
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    We didn't write it internally, I hate smart phones with a passion so I was not about to lean how to program them.
    So this is just to switch tunes in DSP4 applications? No use for any other applications, correct?

Correct DSP4 only, just testing the waters I suppose. Obviously couldn't be done for the LBZ/LMM as they are a voltage switch not done via the CAN bus.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Come to the dark side, it is safe. Libre Office is better than MS Office and it works in MS.
    Smart phones are scary, they track your every move. I just love having information at my fingertips, we do a lot of buying of older goods so need to do research before purchase sometimes, with a smart phone we have the info right with us, I think of them as tools, just like computers.
    2006 Trailblazer
    Dinosaurs and Plants gave their lives so that we may drive , long live fossil fuel .

Quote Originally Posted by Chevy366 View Post
    Come to the dark side, it is safe. Libre Office is better than MS Office and it works in MS.
    Well I'm not too fussed about what computer OS I run, I've been on Win7 since it came out. Admittedly we run that here because most development tools we use are Windows only and I see no point running something like Wine under Linux just to avoid running Windows. The bootscreen I see when I turn the computer on isn't that important to me....it is just a tool to me too.

Quote Originally Posted by Chevy366 View Post
    Smart phones are scary, they track your every move.
    Absolutely, you can't go anywhere without Google asking you to take a photo or leave a review, you know that is all being stored somewhere.

Lifetime Member

Just remember Windows 7 is EOL from Microsoft...you'll have to upgrade OS' at some point or pull them off the network and isolate them from any attackers.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by ScarabEpic22 View Post
    Just remember Windows 7 is EOL from Microsoft...you'll have to upgrade OS' at some point or pull them off the network and isolate them from any attackers.
    Ok, but using an OS for day to day chores is one thing, developing a product for an OS is another. I couldn't care less really what OS I run but to develop for Linux, no offence but why?

Quote Originally Posted by ScarabEpic22 View Post
    No, its not totally tombstoned. You generally can't buy it unless you find NOS somewhere like Microcenter or Amazon, and M$ apparently has been collaborating with Intel to try to ensure Windows 10 (Not Win7 - I have bought nothing but win7 on machines for my company) will be sold on all new computers by not making drivers for anything below Win10 for the latest chipsets, but Win 7 should continue to be supported and get security updates for a few more years. XP JUST went into the unsupported category.

Personally, while there are a few nice things about Win10, I'm FAR from impressed and would much rather run Win 7.

Sent from my 0PJA2 using Tapatalk

Well I'm not too fussed about what computer OS I run, I've been on Win7 since it came out. Admittedly we run that here because most development tools we use are Windows only and I see no point running something like Wine under Linux just to avoid running Windows. The bootscreen I see when I turn the computer on isn't that important to me....it is just a tool to me too.

Absolutely, you can't go anywhere without Google asking you to take a photo or leave a review, you know that is all being stored somewhere.
    The CLOUD.
    I just got tired of Winders and its viruses and demanding presence, I agree, one OS is as good as another one, but to me I just have used Linux for so long and have gotten use to the no anti-virus or worrying about the latest zero-day threat it has become a place of solace.
    Heck, Google and Apple too, track you, not to mention your carrier, the NSA, the CIA, just go down the list. I moved to iOS because Android powered phones on our carrier were getting left with old OSs and vulnerable to all kinds of attacks, plus Android phones are coming with locked bootloader so no root or custom OSs, root for mainly ad blocking. You have to go Nexus, Pixel or Samsung, (Verizon) none of them do MHL or microUSB to HDMI to show content on your TV without an extra device or compatible TV or dongle. I actually had a Blackberry ( I actually like the QNX OS version) for a while, secure, nope, lacking in that for sure. At least Apple forces updates regardless of carrier. Do I like the modified BSD (iOS), meh, not really!

Ok, but using an OS for day to day chores is one thing, developing a product for an OS is another. I couldn't care less really what OS I run but to develop for Linux, no offence but why?
    You do realize that Android now runs on laptops right? Yes laptops, not tablets. Here, see for yourself;https://distrowatch.com/table.php?di...ion=androidx86
    I see your point that most users of Winders can't even format a drive or install an OS let alone grasp what to do with Linux. Most average MS users are lets say, scary.
    2006 Trailblazer

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast