Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: High speed onboard datalogging

Default High speed onboard datalogging

Moates has released a new product called the "Quarterhorse". This product basically offers real time tuning for ford EEC-IV/V PCM's.It also states that it is able to "log ANY parameter in RAM from the EEC-IV and V at sample rates well over 2,000 frames per second through the same mini USB cable (no OBD cable needed).

The Road Runner has been around for some time now,and if my memory serves me correctly I believe that the ability to high speed datalog directly from the RR was an option that was eventually going to be implemented.

Who would like to see this option eventuate if it is at all possible.
    It's all good until it goes "Bang"

I thought that it's not possible to connect a laptop/PC to a PCM,
    isn't this the whole point of flashscan?

It would be nice but you should talk to Moates,
    bypassing may not go over well here.
    512k RoadRunner Firmware 12.14R
    FlashScan V2 Bootblock V2.07.04 Firmware V2.07.22 EFILive V7.5.7 (Build 191) V8.2.1 (Build 181)
    LC-1 WBO2

Bypassing what??? This information was originally posted on either EFILive's or Moates site.

You are in the RR forum, so you must already know that you can connect to the PCM without the OBD cable.
    It's all good until it goes "Bang"

I meant for data logging.
    A stock PCM is not supposed to be connected to a PC, I went off track there.

And by bypassing I meant cutting out flashscan from the mix,
    Is that what you meant?
    512k RoadRunner Firmware 12.14R
    FlashScan V2 Bootblock V2.07.04 Firmware V2.07.22 EFILive V7.5.7 (Build 191) V8.2.1 (Build 181)
    LC-1 WBO2

Quote Originally Posted by limited cv8r View Post
    Moates has released a new product called the "Quarterhorse". This product basically offers real time tuning for ford EEC-IV/V PCM's.It also states that it is able to "log ANY parameter in RAM from the EEC-IV and V at sample rates well over 2,000 frames per second through the same mini USB cable (no OBD cable needed).

The Road Runner has been around for some time now,and if my memory serves me correctly I believe that the ability to high speed datalog directly from the RR was an option that was eventually going to be implemented.

Who would like to see this option eventuate if it is at all possible.
    Yes we wanted to do something similar with RR, but I don't think Craig ever got it figured out on the LS1 PCM.
    I don't know much about the EEC computers, but I think the issue with the LS1 PCM was getting access to the CPU's internal RAM, the EEC PCM's might use external RAM which would make life easier to monitor what is going on.

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Hi Guy's, I'm realy new at this so forgive me if this is a stupid question! Can I connect my RR to a laptop and connect my scan tool to the same laptop at the same time to monitor or log while tuning live? or should I run a seperate lap top for scaning?

Dennis

You can use the same, but note the RR is quite busy and it helps to have the RR and Datalogger on separate USB channels. I tried on my Dell M65 laptop (high end) and it couldn't handle it, but when I switched to the rear USB and side USB it did fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    Hi Guy's, I'm realy new at this so forgive me if this is a stupid question! Can I connect my RR to a laptop and connect my scan tool to the same laptop at the same time to monitor or log while tuning live? or should I run a seperate lap top for scaning?

Dennis
    I owned a Ford once, ONCE.......

Thanks for the reply NODIH. Another question, how do I get a 512kb program onto my 1012kb RR? Is this possible?

Dennis

There is no 512k or 1MB RR, they are all the same, flash it like you would any other. Whatever space is left is automagically filled with FF's.
    I owned a Ford once, ONCE.......

Thanks NODIH, I did try to download a 512kb program a while ago and was not successful, I will try again maybe I did something wrong.
    Thanks
    Dennis

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast