Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: V8 Pass-Through Reading Support (pre-release)

so the LML support isnt looking good?
    2005 Silverado, CC/SB, 4x4, LT, LILLY/Allison
    12.9s @ 108 mph

many thanks to Ross and Paul

I wouldn't rush out and buy a truck yet. Look, it's only been out for a couple of months, so it is still early days.
    The LML ECM is based on the EDC17 platform, but probably a little GM specific. Now just as an example, nobody in Europe (the home of Bosch tuning) can tune Diesel BMW's using this ECM, they even blocked off a special boot mode where the flash can be accessed via some debug ports.
    It's not looking like this is going to be a friendly computer, still, maybe when LML's keep getting embarrassed at Diesel events by FORD's and Dodges GM might realise that the after market helps sell more vehicles for them than some sports star they pay millions of dollars to.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Just out of curiosity Ross what controller does the new ford 6.7 use? As far as I know the whole fuel injection system is more or less the same as the LML's.

For those european markets that block off the ECM completely, what happens when BMW releases updates to address driveability issues or other software updates? Or do they just hope they get it right the first time?
    12.9s @ 108 mph

FORD, I have no idea.
    BMW can flash them, with RSA keys to get in. So tuners are stuck two fold there, they can't read the ECM to get the tune, and even if they had the tune they can't flash it back in! The manufacturers won't ever lock themselves out.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

hmmm thats too bad. Oh well, I was not planning on getting a new truck anytime soon either way. Hopefully someone will come out with a harness box in the meantime to keep the LML guys happy while the efilive crew does some more pondering as to whether or not its realistic.

Its too bad GM makes it so hard; they really are shooting themselves in the foot. If I were them I would make it easy to access like the LB7/LLY, but add some 'impossible to bypass' tattle-tale in the ECM that redflags it as soon as its tuned with a non-GM calibration (like the LMM).

Boom...protects GM from fraudulant warranty claims, and allows guys [who dont care about risking their engine] to represent GM in the strongest way possible in the aftermarket performance competition field...

ben
    12.9s @ 108 mph

I agree, the LMM system of tracking CVN's was good in a sense that GM probably felt happy, the bad part is it's now come to this for LML owners. I'm not saying it's not going to be possible to tune them, just not as quickly as we thought it might happen.

are they making it hard to tune to conform with emission laws?
    2005 chevy silverado, duramax tuned with efilive
    1997 Saturn sc2 turbo, tuned with megasquirt on e85
    2000 s-10 turbo'd tuned with efilive on e85

They're making it hard to tamper with (for both warranty claims and emissions laws).

That puts a damper on my night. I just sold my LBZ, hoping I could tune my new 2011. :(
    2011 Chevy 2500HD LML 4x4 LTZ-Black
    -H&S Mini Maxx | MBRP 5" w/Muffler | 4" Rancho Lift | BMF REPR 20x9 DM | Mickey Thompson ATZ P3's 35/12.50's.

2012 VW Jetta TDI - Daily Driver.

SOLD - 06 LBZ

EcoDieselRam Forum

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

A new V8 software pre-release update is now available here:
    http://forum.efilive.com/showthread....pre-release%29

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast