Page 7 of 36 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Custom OS#5

Hmmm... sounds like too much fun, I'll have to give it a whirl...

I don't know if you need a big cam to take advantage of TPS vs VE Mult feature but I believe my baby cammed LS1 needs this table:

Case in point
    My car bucks badly at around 1600rpm in 5th at cruise when constantly on and off the throttle at light inputs. I reduce the VE table b/w 1600-2000rpm by 2%. Bucking stops. But engine pings at moderate %TPS. I have to take a serious chunk of timing out (6*) between 1600-2000rpm to stop the pinging. No more bucking and no more pinging. However, the problem is that I've lost that effortless overtaking capability because I've lost timing. The only way I can restore the timing is to richen the mixture but then I'll re-introduce the dreaded bucking... which is why I badly need the TPS vs VE Mult table.

Can't wait to try it!

The one problem this does have is in an A4 transitioning in and out of Drive, there is no detected load change for the VE, however that also has an advantage too because the fueling remains constant and the spark / IAC handles the RPM drop.
    I ran this in my car for about a month a while back, and given plenty of logging time for BEN factors you can get the AFR's so spot on you'd think the WBO2 was stuck!

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

SSB, check your base spark and high octane spark. If they are way different at the points you mention try closing the gap, seemed to help for me with a similar problem when hardly using throttle at low speed.
    Get EFILive in europe (http://www.efilive.eu).
    2007 Escalade ESV L92 6.2L VVT.
    2014 VF SV LS3 Maloo.

I'm now running on OS5 as well. Just cause I can really, more than really needing it

But I have a question.. Where is, or what is/was OS4? How did we arrive at 5?

And now onto mapping the TPS VE Table

Is there any guidance on what settings should be used for the RPM, MAP and TP exit points?

Cheers,
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew

Quote Originally Posted by Tordne
    I'm now running on OS5 as well. Just cause I can really, more than really needing it

But I have a question.. Where is, or what is/was OS4? How did we arrive at 5?

And now onto mapping the TPS VE Table

Is there any guidance on what settings should be used for the RPM, MAP and TP exit points?

Cheers,
    V4 was going to be the N20 options only, but in the end it was possible to squeeze everything in to one O.S, though, on the later 2004+ O.S's this might not be possible. There is a few cars in Aus running O.S #4, it's been out for a long time, but these were only used by workshops for N2O cars only.
    I had to a custom O.S #3 for a 2006 Hummer and that was pretty much full up so I am not sure how far we can go!.
    Besides, nearly all 2003+ O.S' are used on ETC applications, I am not sure the TPS VE table would work too well on them.

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Never mind, lets us old skool pcm and tb guys have one up on the jones's.
    Get EFILive in europe (http://www.efilive.eu).
    2007 Escalade ESV L92 6.2L VVT.
    2014 VF SV LS3 Maloo.

Bragging rights.

So I have managed to map a reasonable portion of what will be the TPS VE Table. I have filled in the blanks and have basically got what I think is a reasonable first cut at this table.

So, the next test is to go and drive it. I have set all TPS VE Table disablers high, so that it will run exclusively from the TPS VE Table.

I have also made a MAP that will represent the BEN factor for the table to allow for correction (or at least that is the plan).

I'll probably give this a go in the next little while (gently ) and then if all is looking OK might even drive it home like that

This is all very exciting
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew

Quote Originally Posted by Tordne
    So I have managed to map a reasonable portion of what will be the TPS VE Table. I have filled in the blanks and have basically got what I think is a reasonable first cut at this table.

So, the next test is to go and drive it. I have set all TPS VE Table disablers high, so that it will run exclusively from the TPS VE Table.

I have also made a MAP that will represent the BEN factor for the table to allow for correction (or at least that is the plan).

I'll probably give this a go in the next little while (gently ) and then if all is looking OK might even drive it home like that

This is all very exciting
    I'll be online here in a bit to help you out on it. I would add a little to your TPS table that you have plotted to ensure it isn't lean.

Page 7 of 36 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast