Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: LML wishlist

Lifetime Member

The two tables we have help but just looking for a little more, the relief valve is a controlled leak I want no leaks when the rail pressure drops. Who knows it could get ugly with that thing closed on a throttle chop if it doesn't respond fast enough.
    04 LB7
    2010 LMM
    2015 LML

Quote Originally Posted by GMC-2002-Dmax View Post
    I got it mapped in hex, I don't use it for any tuning, but it is there.
    So Tony, if you are mapping your own stuff in OLS then why are you posting in the EFI wishlist thread
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    So Tony, if you are mapping your own stuff in OLS then why are you posting in the EFI wishlist thread
    Because like you I cannot find LML Trans Line Pressure tables.......don't get butt hurt Ross, I'll keep looking myself, I already mapped a bunch of stuff that I needed, it takes me a lot longer because I suck at it, but I keep looking, even if I don't know exactly what I find does, I did find lots of maps and other things in the code, just have NO idea what it does exactly.
    www.mscservices.net

Tuner of many, many Duramax and Cummins Diesels.

don't get butt hurt Ross,
    I wasn't 'butt hurt' Tony, I was just giving a little back to the person that likes to constantly criticise whilst not being able to get the job done himself.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    I wasn't 'butt hurt' Tony, I was just giving a little back to the person that likes to constantly criticise whilst not being able to get the job done himself.
    It's not a criticism, it's again an observation, I am not the only one who would like more tables, I can go over to the gas forum here and find threads that have tuners asking why does HPT have this table and EFI does not and they have to use both.

Gas tuners that state it's a year and they still are waiting for something.

I may suck at it but at least I keep trying, that says something, it's been almost a year, still no LML trans pressure, but 4th gen cummins has the 68rfe trans mapped out ??

LML SOTF, daily calls on those, when is EFI going to offer that, I tell them you probably will not see it.

So it's not me complaining, I just respond as I need to, that is why if you are not careful you will see your net sales suffer quicker than you think.

You don't have to tell me that it's hard to find stuff, it is, but telling everyone who asks its not a controller you will revisit, or it's not easy to find, or its too old, or nobody but one or two people want it just gets old.

Records went away, replaced by 8 track, cassette replaced them, cd's, now digital downloads.

Everything either stays ahead of the market or adapts to it. You can choose to keep not going back to controllers that need updates at your own peril, it's after all your company.

But LML SOTF is already a big deal and it's going to be a huge thing, it's too bad that someone who is so talented is being so shortsighted IMHO.

I look at my peers and competition, one company is quite dominant, why, because he is offering things that customers want, things nobody else can offer, EFI used to be that company that offered what the tuners and public wants , and for the most part you still offer a lot, but it's like you get to 90% and then move on, once tuners start giving feedback and requests they seem to fall on deaf ears.

I have 100% supported EFI since 2005, but like all businesses I have to adapt, you should take this not as a stab, not as a criticism, but as someone who would like to see a bright future still with EFI live, but if other tuning companies release things that you don't and we need , well we all follow the market, we will have to go where we can make our money.

So if it's HPT that has tables you wont add we have to purchase that product as well, if it's EZ LYNK that offers LML SOTF and maybe line pressure tuning then that is where we have to go.

I am sure the bulk of the last few years license and autocal sales are driven by LML AND 4TH GEN, I am quite sure diesel is huge for your bottom line.

L5P will also be big, will you capture that market by giving us what the public wants or let someone else capture it .

Hope you enjoy your weekend, I have nothing more to add, you can either take it with a grain of salt or consider what I am saying as not a warning but some advice that I am willing to say what most people think but won't say.
    Last edited by GMC-2002-Dmax; November 25th, 2016 at 01:19 AM.
    www.mscservices.net

Well said Tony. There are needs that should be met or attempted to be met.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's not a criticism, it's again an observation, I am not the only one who would like more tables, I can go over to the gas forum here and find threads that have tuners asking why does HPT have this table and EFI does not and they have to use both.
    It works both ways Tony, I know some of their Diesel and gas stuff has errors (they haven't fixed) which means desired results cannot be achieved so people use EFILive instead.
    None of the tuning products on the market are officially endorsed or backed by GM, Dodge etc so there is always going to be errors or misunderstandings of functions / tables. I've seen plenty of tuning software for European cars and that is just a whole new level of 'you are on your own', but you too have all those tools, you know what they are like.

I may suck at it but at least I keep trying, that says something, it's been almost a year, still no LML trans pressure, but 4th gen cummins has the 68rfe trans mapped out ??
    So we can't figure out A50 line pressure.....who do I call GM and ask for help? Any suggestions? Maybe you don't care about 68RFE getting some love but many did, we can't please everyone all the time. The 68RFE was something that could be done, so it was.

LML SOTF, daily calls on those, when is EFI going to offer that, I tell them you probably will not see it.
    You know how it works right? You know it is not true DSP type thing? But if you are happy to accept a diet sugar free alternative as the same thing then so be it. I find that a little frustrating that it is viewed the same as what we've done in the past. Kind of like saying the $15 Ebay Intake Temp sensor fixed to 32degF so the car runs richer is as good as a custom tune. Sure they both get 'a' result but which one is better?

So it's not me complaining, I just respond as I need to, that is why if you are not careful you will see your net sales suffer quicker than you think.
    Well that depends, we don't announce what we are working on any more until it is close to being ready. We haven't been sipping Pina Colada's on a beach for the last year.

But LML SOTF is already a big deal and it's going to be a huge thing, it's too bad that someone who is so talented is being so shortsighted IMHO.
    Well can we please at least acknowledge that the traditional EFILive way of creating a DSP OS cannot be done on the LML? What EZ is doing is not a true DSP OS and for EFILive to all of a sudden release a 'DSP OS' that fudges a sensor to get the job done would be a pretty underhanded thing to do to EZ. Some of our competitors might be dirty players but we aren't, I am not about to copy (steal) their idea and call it our own (which has been done TO us before).

I look at my peers and competition, one company is quite dominant, why, because he is offering things that customers want, things nobody else can offer, EFI used to be that company that offered what the tuners and public wants , and for the most part you still offer a lot, but it's like you get to 90% and then move on, once tuners start giving feedback and requests they seem to fall on deaf ears.
    We were put in a very difficult position with emissions related items, we had no choice but to walk away from offering them, NO CHOICE! Those that kept on that path have done so at their own peril.
    What we then found was there was so much trading and selling of tunes that feedback was almost non existent, we closed the beta group because it was a ghost town, everyone just ended up doing their own things beyond that 90% you mentioned.

I have 100% supported EFI since 2005, but like all businesses I have to adapt, you should take this not as a stab, not as a criticism, but as someone who would like to see a bright future still with EFI live, but if other tuning companies release things that you don't and we need , well we all follow the market, we will have to go where we can make our money.
    I agree and understand, if Snap-On don't make a 11.5mm spanner but someone else does, then you buy theirs.

I am sure the bulk of the last few years license and autocal sales are driven by LML AND 4TH GEN, I am quite sure diesel is huge for your bottom line.
    We can't measure that exactly with licenses because they are not controller specific, but Autocal sales probably many would be for LML and 2010+ Cummins.
    The whole CSP for Cummins is very time consuming to develop and maintain, DSP for the E98 was time consuming too, however we did it and we are still the only ones that do, but sadly that is all dismissed because they might not be controllers you deal with daily and we don't have line pressure tables on the A50 therefore it appears like nothing is going on here. I think there has been 4 or so new gas controllers supported in the last year, some of them our competitors do not support at all yet so we have a lot of gas customers that are very happy they are ahead of the game.
    You may accuse us (me) of being short sighted, but I would say back to you that your view on how EFILive operates is very self centred, if updates and additions don't help you directly then we have neglected all our customers, that in reality isn't the case.

L5P will also be big, will you capture that market by giving us what the public wants or let someone else capture it .
    L5P will not happen overnight, GM don't want us in there and have taken unprecedented steps to keep tuners out.

Hope you enjoy your weekend, I have nothing more to add, you can either take it with a grain of salt or consider what I am saying as not a warning but some advice that I am willing to say what most people think but won't say.
    We are big boys, we can take feedback even if it is criticism, never be afraid to tell it like it is.
    Last edited by GMPX; November 25th, 2016 at 09:24 AM.

Ross, I believe EZ-LYNK offers a true switching solution for the LML, not sensor trickery. It's just a tune and a switch.

Ross,

Take a look at the Market.......your market is being eroded, its not something that I made up to come in here and throw jabs, I know its unfortunate, but it is going to get worse and not better.

You either stay ahead of the market or at least keep up best you can, Everyone gets it, you and Paul are a 2 man show, you do mapping he does the GUI, its a lot for 2 guys, but there are things that don't work on the mapping side on some controllers still, when they are brought to your attention you dismiss the person or simply fob them off, for lack of a better solution it seems like its "OH WELL", sorry about that, but I am not going back in there to fix what does not work.

Everyone has been patiently waiting for LML Pressure to be looked at again, nobody to my knowledge has been in here daily or weekly busting anyone about it, you cannot find it, that is fine, I can't either, in fact nobody can except Kory, so he is the only one who can use software to raise and or adjust line pressure, good for him, he has a niche..........that is fine, it is what it is, but you could have just announced that it is not happening anytime in the foreseeable future, then at least we would know and can try to do something else about getting it done.

As far as LML SOFT, again, whatever it is, its making sales, that is a fact, and its a tough pill to swallow I am sure, but its what the customer wants and has wanted and its out to market now, so I either stay loyal to EFI and ignore tons of potential sales or use a competitors platform, again, it still is nothing personal with you, I sit in my office 12 hours a day and 8 of those I take call after call and email after email of when is EFI going to offer LML SOFT, and I am sure others do as well.

I really hoped that more support for missing tables would have eventually been completed, I understand the work load you have and Paul does, and development of new controllers takes lots and lots of time, but its disappointing that after a year of waiting its not going to happen on a few of these wanted items.

My intention was not to piss you off, but it seems I have.
    www.mscservices.net

Quote Originally Posted by 1906 View Post
    Ross, I believe EZ-LYNK offers a true switching solution for the LML, not sensor trickery. It's just a tune and a switch.
    The instructions say 'unplug the Fuel Temp sensor, fit the switch in its place', the DSP switches are nothing more than resistors.
    I guess they managed to manipulate different modes in the ECM based on fuel temp, just speculation but to me that makes logical sense.

Ross,

Take a look at the Market.......your market is being eroded
    How do you know as an overall or do you mean just LML? Just because there is more options for LML doesn't mean everything has fallen apart around us, we do more than LML!.

I think we should just quit this discussion Tony, you said you've already invested in EZ so you can offer LML switchable tuning, we aren't going to do it, never said we could, never said we would. When we put out CSP and EDA for Cummins none of the other companies doing Cummins tuning tried to match that, sometimes you just have to pick your battles I suppose.
    So what more can I say, hopefully EZ LML works out for you.
    Last edited by GMPX; November 25th, 2016 at 12:46 PM.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast