Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is there plans for EFI to work with non GM vehicles? Found this in scan tool manual.

Default Is there plans for EFI to work with non GM vehicles? Found this in scan tool manual.

Vehicle/Powertrain
    Features
    GM LS1/LS2 and compatible controllers Duramax LB7/LLY controllers Allison transmission controllers
    • Display and clear diagnostic trouble codes
    • EPA test results
    • Generic PIDs
    • Enhanced PIDs
    • DMA PIDs
    • Bidirectional controls
    • Learned fuel trim cells
    • Miscellaneous calibration data
    • Scan modes:
    o General
    o Dynamic
    o Stream-Slow
    o Stream-Fast
    GM Custom SAE J1850 VPW
    EFILive provides user level configuration files that may be edited, so that EFILive can log most OBD II compliant GM vehicle’s enhanced parameters.
    If you know the vehicle’s enhanced parameters’ PID numbers and SLOT details, then you can create a configuration to support that GM vehicle.
    Ford
    Not supported yet.
    DaimlerChrysler
    Not supported yet. support@efilive.com - 22 - www.efilive.com
    So does this mean there are plans for Ford and Chrysler products to be supported by EFI? That would be great, I could turn my wifes town & country into a hotrod as well as my brother's F-250.

So nobody knows?

That seems to be a top secret subject. I'm voting for DC support first

Let's break the secret!! If people who know EFI Live and how it works are planning on something else for their Ford or DC products, they may just hold out for EFI if they know it's coming. I could go check the code that's on my wife's minivan right now.

I think they would like to some day, but I don't see it anytime soon (2-5 years???). They seem to have a hard enough time keeping up with the new controllers GM keeps coming out with and finishing all the back and overdue projects they have promised. May be if they add some extra programing techs or some thing it may become a reality, but I don't see anything but GM support in the future.
    01 ECSB 1/2 ton 4x4 Forged 5.7 LS1 GMC

Custom KBracing front mounted, BW S480, intercooled turbo

You got it right KBRacing. Enough to do with GM already.
    Scanning non GM vehicles is a very different story to programming one, sort of like looking at a postcard of Mt Everest and saying should be able to climb that no problems, but then you actually get there and .......

Cheers,
    Ross

P.S - SCT offer laptop based Chrysler programming, a few people on here have it.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

I looked at SCT once for my Cougar... Their price for the flasher version is the same as the V2, BUT that allows you to tune ONE vehicle/"Catch code". In order to tune another, it's $200. I'd like to be able to tune my Cougar with EFI/Pro Racer-Type software, but I don't need to enough to go spend another $750.

Default Alloytech?

Any chance of doing something with the alloy tech v6s , The scan tool works fine with them and i get asked all the time if we can tune them but we cant and vcm can doh,how bout it guys especially with the rodeos getting the allotech as well.One other thing had a mate over and he uses vcm in his workshop, we compared notes. He was blown away with the road runner/efi live setup i tune ls1s with but he had me with being able to tune one peramiter live in ls2s how are they able to do that?
    Cheers Shane

Quote Originally Posted by shane View Post
    Any chance of doing something with the alloy tech v6s , The scan tool works fine with them and i get asked all the time if we can tune them but we cant and vcm can doh,how bout it guys especially with the rodeos getting the allotech as well.One other thing had a mate over and he uses vcm in his workshop, we compared notes. He was blown away with the road runner/efi live setup i tune ls1s with but he had me with being able to tune one peramiter live in ls2s how are they able to do that?
    Cheers Shane
    If I recall it was Ross or Paul that said it is a Bosch ECM and a prick to work with. And when hell freezes over we will be able to tune them And something about Sales Reps driving V6s around and wanting more power.....

Lifetime Member

Ford? There goes the neighbourhood

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast