View Poll Results: should fish tuning be brought back?

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes bring back fish tuning

26 74.29%
  • no leave as is

9 25.71%
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: bring back fish tuning.

Quote Originally Posted by GMC-2002-Dmax View Post
    Your use of colorful metaphors and your grammar and sentence structure leads us to believe you are a farmer from Indiana who probably can milk a cow and not tune a truck.

Sorry if I have offended any of the farmers in Indiana, but this guy is giving you a bad name.

I am wondering if this is a fly by night, under the radar, illegal business.......wonder if he pays his taxes and runs a legit business ???

Maybe EFI-Live should start requiring only legitimate business's be able to purchase directly from the Distributors to weed out all the bottom feeders ?

Hmmmmm, perhaps that will clean up the thread and the problems.

I know I have a legitimate business with a LLC and EIN and Sales Tax Number, do you farmboy ???

yes sir

Quote Originally Posted by Dmaxink View Post
    I think they said farmboy only has roughly 20 vins and has been in business for 5 years? Need us say more... i say close the thread..
    your a few many off and thats only one box....

Cool...how about we close this thread guys?
    -Kory

I'm out of ideas? Nah trick... When in doubt, 0xFFFF it out!

http://www.PPEI.com/

Quote Originally Posted by justafarmtruck View Post
    yes sir
    Not mommy and daddy's farm license, junior.

You do know that's public record, right?

You do know if I wanted, I can find it, right?

You see where I'm going?

You still wanna continue this?

Take your hick azz back out under your cow until you actually have to pay your own way.

1207 HP / 1612 TQ

Quote Originally Posted by justafarmtruck View Post
    more like annoyed with you ruined the support side of it.
    What support specifically?
    As I said, it can't be tuning advice, it's probably not software advice because after 5 years of using it you would know all there is to know.

If you want to save some credibility you need to answer questions directed at you with hard facts, not prep school name calling, if you don't start doing that you will be banned because you are offering nothing more than what we might see on a Justin Bieber vs Jonas Brothers thread.

Example:
    My car goes really fast.
    Oh yeah, how fast.
    Faster than yours.
    Right, well mine has a top speed of 200MPH, runs a 9 second 1/4, here's a time slip.
    Mines still faster.
    So how fast?
    Just faster

Did you get the point across how fast your car was to where anyone would believe you?

Answering a question directed at you with a one word response isn't justified as an answer.
    Last edited by GMPX; March 30th, 2012 at 11:09 AM.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    What support specifically?
    As I said, it can't be tuning advice, it's probably not software advice because after 5 years of using it you would know all there is to know.

If you want to save some credibility you need to answer questions directed at you with hard facts, not prep school name calling, if you don't start doing that you will be banned because you are offering nothing more than what we might see on a Justin Bieber vs Jonas Brothers thread.

1207 HP / 1612 TQ

Lifetime Member

Hi

I'm the one all the commotion is about. I've been doing this for seven years and now I am not. it's OK, I'm fine. I must admit, it was amusing for a while watching the EFILive folks flail around. It's gotten past funny. We appreciate all the support our users have given us, we really do. We'll miss the family we built, the friends who called every day. But, we're still selling DSP5 switches, we have 1000 EFILive stickers coming tomorrow or the next day, there's 500 custom Flashcan and Autocal cases due in 5 weeks. While, we don't understand why someone didn't call and ask us to help them transition so this mess didn't happen, it wasn't our idea for this to go here. I've always been comfortable talking to Ross and Paul about the software and helping Paul test the interface. Ross is right, I've never tuned a truck or a car for that matter, but most of the real tech support problems have more to do with firmware version problems, Windows driver issues, my truck won't start and things like that. We tried to do the best job we knew how to, but in the end it wasn't good enough. We've known this day was coming. We're not unhappy, something else will come along. I bought a lathe last week so I'm going to go spend some time in the shed making things, the time off will be nice.

Please let this be the last post so Ross and Paul can get back to making the best tuning software on the planet.

Ira (and Robyn)
    Fish Tuning

P.S. Please lock this thread, and please don't start another one like it. Enough is enough.

If you're not an authorized reseller then you're just part of the problem that has led to this decision. So thank you. Congrats. I would think if you've been with EFILive "since it was out" you'd be a Reseller by now. It's not that hard to sell 5 V2s or 1-2 a month. So the way I see it you've bought two V2s. One for GM and one for Cummins and you just tune trucks for your own personal benefit without actually trying to sell any product. Now you're pissed cause you have to pay an extra $30 for licenses. Why haven't you bought streams yet? After I tuned my first 40 or so trucks I got streams for all three controllers. No more vin licenses. So if you're not pushing the product and only in it for the tuning then you have no dog in this fight. Why don't you just mark up your tunes $30 to compensate? I'm sure it wouldn't affect the amount of trucks you tune since you've been around for SO long.
    Dan's Diesel Performance
    www.dansdieselperformance.com

Quote Originally Posted by Ira View Post
    We tried to do the best job we knew how to, but in the end it wasn't good enough.
    Ira, thanks for your input to the thread. We both know the split wasn't about lack of effort or support from you guys, we just have different ways of doing things that we couldn't resolve. That shouldn't make either party wrong, some guys choose to drive FORD's over Chevy's, doesn't mean either of them are wrong.

We've known this day was coming. We're not unhappy, something else will come along.
    You have numerous passions outside of what you were doing with EFILive, when that first batch of beans gets roasted, I'll put in my order

Please let this be the last post so Ross and Paul can get back to making the best tuning software on the planet.
    Thanks Ira, much appreciated.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

I have been the subject of numerous undeserved attackes recently. I started a post for this thread last night. I wanted to read, re-read and then ask EFILive to approve, before actually posting. I was busy most of today on the phone with EFILive tech support and did not get a chance to finish my thoughts. I respectfully ask for space to be reserved in this thread for my post, should the thread be closed.
    www.socaldiesel.com

EFILive-DSP5......Switch your Attitude!
    EFILive-CSP5......The Smart Way To Switch Your Cummins Tunes!
    EFILive-DSP4......Switch Your Colorado and Canyon Too!

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast