Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Info on New LML engines for 2011

Quote Originally Posted by plutonium233 View Post
    Guys... really? I didn't mean to piss you all off or anything. I'm not trying to get a truck warrantied for things that happened due to performance mods. I'm not saying the truck sucks or it's slow. In fact, I was mostly being sarcastic BECAUSE THAT'S HOW MY LUCK ALWAYS SEEMS TO GO. I know what GM did and why they did it. It's not the end of the world. Honestly, It really doesn't matter that much because if I break it, I am going to pay for it; always have, always will (unless it is a legitimate warranty item). Please don't bash me for that. It pisses me off to no end to hear this bull crap, just as it does you. Ben, please understand that I don't think like that. If all I was after was performance, I would either build it or buy something that was meant to do it. I know VERY WELL what it takes to get performance as well as the risks. Again, I appologize for pissing you off since I didn't explain that beforehand.
    Just look over Ben, he goes overboard sometimes..
    2011 Chevy 2500HD LML 4x4 LTZ-Black
    -H&S Mini Maxx | MBRP 5" w/Muffler | 4" Rancho Lift | BMF REPR 20x9 DM | Mickey Thompson ATZ P3's 35/12.50's.

2012 VW Jetta TDI - Daily Driver.

SOLD - 06 LBZ

EcoDieselRam Forum

Looks like the LML has had an ECM flash update already:

"New software with diagnostic enhancements for DTC P0513".
    "
    New calibration with robustness enhancements for DTCs P0299, P204F, P22A0, P2202, and stuck DEF tank level low messages."

I wonder if GM were kind enough to realise their mistake of locking the ECM's down and open them up again so the update should also say:

"New software to allow the after market to tune our trucks so people will still want to buy them".
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Lifetime Member

I wonder if Bully Dog cheated and got the cal files off of gm's site or if they can read it? Supposedly they are tuning them but its not available to the public yet, guess they can be the guinea pigs to see gm comes after them.
    04 LB7
    2010 LMM
    2015 LML

Quote Originally Posted by rcr1978 View Post
    I wonder if Bully Dog cheated and got the cal files off of gm's site or if they can read it? Supposedly they are tuning them but its not available to the public yet, guess they can be the guinea pigs to see gm comes after them.
    They have units out already to the public for BETA testers, and a few have posted already on the Diesel Place about having them. How they did it, who knows, but I sure hope Ross & Paul can figure something out.
    -H&S Mini Maxx | MBRP 5" w/Muffler | 4" Rancho Lift | BMF REPR 20x9 DM | Mickey Thompson ATZ P3's 35/12.50's.

SOLD - 06 LBZ

EcoDieselRam Forum

H&S Performance 2011 6.6L LML Duramax Straight Pipe

Check out this video on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=skVZ3...e_gdata_player

The defuel on that truck is nasty, but they got it tuned.

http://www.duramaxforum.com/forum/20...ed-teaser.html

What was the point of the video? To show a smoke show?

www.redline-motorsports.net

1-954-703-5560

2006 ZO6 895/866 with APS TT
    2010 SSRS Camaro HTR-900TT (798/801)
    2011 HTR-850R Camaro
    2012 ZL1 Auto (10.33@135 MPH) Video Here!

Quote Originally Posted by Redline Motorsports View Post
    To show the ECM is crackable and it can be made to run without the UREA/DPF in place.

SOLD - 06 LBZ

EcoDieselRam Forum

Quote Originally Posted by Redline Motorsports View Post
    To ensure they now get letters from the EPA's lawyers maybe?
    Either way, the ECM can't be read, so they are also probably in breach of GM TIS license agreement by distributing files downloaded from TIS.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

ECM's come without a software license agreement, therefore the legal loophole to read and modify those files? On the other hand, GM's TIS website has a software license agreement. So by locking down the ECM, GM now has a way of being able to simply serve anyone who is modifying the ECM's with a lawsuit because GM knows they can only pirate the files from GM TIS. And the EPA would not even have to be involved - those modifying the LML ECM's can be sued on the basis of violating software agreements alone, regardless of all the 'off road' disclaimers they may put in front of the product or videos. I can tell you I wouldn't want to be on the wrong end of a highly paid group of GM lawyers...

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    To ensure they now get letters from the EPA's lawyers maybe?
    Either way, the ECM can't be read, so they are also probably in breach of GM TIS license agreement by distributing files downloaded from TIS.
    No LML EFILive tuning then huh?

SOLD - 06 LBZ

EcoDieselRam Forum

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast