Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Couple of LML Tuning Questions

Default Couple of LML Tuning Questions

I have a few questions about my LML. We just did a emissions deletes to it and in turn this raised a few questions that I had about the process.

One of the questions is, what causes a P16A1 code? On the V2 it is described as a "Throttle Sensor Communications Circuit High Voltage".

One of the issues that we had while deleting the emissions while using EFI was, if we turned off any (just 1 or ALL of them) of the "Controllers" (B0303, B0304, B2870, B2852, B2890) this would cause the throttle to go "Dead" and would throw ONLY the P16A1 code. If you tried pressing the throttle a few times it would eventually sputter, puke white smoke, and by then we would turn it off.

Now if we left ALL of the "controllers" enabled, the throttle would work correctly. Now one of the other things that we did notice that after we got the truck running is that sometimes we can drive the truck for a while, and everything will work perfectly, no issues at all. Then others we will drive it for a while and one of the times you will get into the throttle, it will start "sputtering" around 1400rpms, coast, and again it will sputter. Check codes, and there's that P16A1 code again. Stop it, shut it off, turn it on, and everything works fine again and you may or may not have it happen again for a while.

The base tune we are using was acquired the way that was described in the "how to" using TIS2WEB and the vin#. All the segments match up. Now before we flashed the truck, we read the calibration info using the scan tool in v8 to check the segment numbers on the tune that was currently in the truck, and most matched up, but a few were "older" segments. Example below:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	engine.png 
Views:	786 
Size:	54.1 KB 
ID:	17128

TIS2WEB states that the 12655862 (which is the Segment Number in the tune we are using) is to be used, but the segment 12646307 was the segment that was in the truck prior to flashing.

The segments that were like this were as follows:
    - Engine
    - System
    - Engine Diagnostic
    - Engine Operation

Would this be enough to make the difference?

The other issue that we are combating is the Cruise Control issue. Is there any insight on how that may be fixed? or if it would be caused in tandem with the above issue?
    Josh

'04 GMC LLY
    - L5P, Motech, 6-Spd Conv. ML Trans.
    '05 GMC LLY - 250%, 12mm, 67mm Custom Turbo, 6-Spd Conv. ML Trans
    '19 3500 RAM - Tuned Aisin 0_o

Lifetime Member

In an effort to generate some conversation- (no trolling intended)

Your cruise issue is in the base tune. Figure out the right base tune to use and it will heal.

also- I have also noticed that some switches do cause no starts and dead pedals. This is the ECMs internal checks/balances system I suppose. I know my CAX overlaps what efilive has mapped- so efilive does have the ability to cause a deadpedal or no start.

maybe other non US users can comment on what they've found?

Unfortunately there does seem to be a combination of switches that upsets the cruise control and sometimes a dead pedal, on the flip side those that find a working combination probably want to keep those cards to themselves.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Yeah. After a bunch of tinkering I was able to figure out the cruise issue. It was a combination of switch combinations and speed limiter settings and we have the truck running really well right now. The only issue that we are stuck with is the P16A1 code. Its the only one that we cant figure out. As soon as you remove one DPF parameter, up pops the code. Truck runs and drives normal. Just a CEL. So we just turned off the code, but i just feel there is a more proper way of addressing the code. I just dont understand what it means or what causes it.
    Josh

'04 GMC LLY

Lifetime Member

It seems like the working combinations vary per OS.

It's also strange to me that one of the SCR switches in two of the OS doesn't match the other two. I have the specifics in my notes at home- but it seems strange that a switch may exist in two OSs and not in the other two. OR the procedure to turn the switch off in two OS is different than the other two- more likely I think- and the switch location relative to each OS is the same.

We ran the truck last night at the track, and problem, we hit the 98 MPH speed limiter..... and ... cant seem to get past it... This is how its set, any suggestions?

Name:	Untitled.png 
Views:	1489 
Size:	20.8 KB 
ID:	17360
    Josh

'04 GMC LLY

Got some help and the speed limiter figured out. Turns out none of the above tables get used apparently..

Next question I have will probably be for GMPX...

It involves the Main Injection Mode Assignment Table (B1250)

Name:	Untitled1.png 
Views:	806 
Size:	16.8 KB 
ID:	17418

That's how it is displayed in EFI...

And I was able to find the table and this is how it displays in WinOLS. (using 8bit, twodimensional settings)

Name:	Untitled.png 
Views:	789 
Size:	5.0 KB 
ID:	17419

Just from what I gathered, In EFI, the values are loaded from top to bottom starting at COLUMN 1 (column 0 in WinOLS), then top to bot Column 2.... ect. ect.

But WinOLS loads them left to right, starting with ROW Normal (Row 0 in WinOLS) then Regen Stg 1, ect ect...

Is there a particular reason for this being loaded/rendered differently?

Cause personally the WinOLS one makes a tad bit more sense as to what tables each Engine Operating Mode is using.

Normal - Mode 0

Regen 1 - 1,3,5 (Design of the Timing Tables all match)

EGT High - 2,4 (Designs of timing tables Match also)

ect.

Just wondering if this was an error? or if there is actually good reason for it to be that way.
    Josh

'04 GMC LLY

Possibly the axis got swapped.

That is possible to do with WINOLS.

I think its more of how it gets displayed.

TONY
    www.mscservices.net

Tuner of many, many Duramax and Cummins Diesels.

Lifetime Member

many tables are swapped x for y in winols vs efilive.

not sure why but you can flip it to match.

I am going to edit this in Binary and then flash the ecm and then pull the tune out an see if it edits the proper mode table in EFI-Live software that is still locked out.

I think this is the map

Now where did I put that treasure map...............??

Maybe not, checksum will not recalculate as its outside of the memory area according to the software.

Tony
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Winols Mode Map.JPG 
Views:	769 
Size:	86.2 KB 
ID:	17420   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WinOls Memory Message.JPG 
Views:	726 
Size:	53.5 KB 
ID:	17421  
    Last edited by GMC-2002-Dmax; September 2nd, 2014 at 11:47 PM.
    www.mscservices.net

Tuner of many, many Duramax and Cummins Diesels.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast