Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Overseas OS + Calibrations on USA E98 ECM

Quote Originally Posted by hacklerjason View Post
    Off thread subject, but can efilive recal replaced parts like injectors and vgt (if these are calibrated, they are for John Deere)
    Yes and no, in theory the VGT learn should work, the injector flow programming I am not 100% sure on. We can do it for the 6.6L Duramax but as it has never been asked before on the E98 we've never looked in to it to know if the process it the same.

Should I investigate the dealer level tools from GM, or the OEM level tools from conti or VDO?
    If I said don't bother would it matter
    The 'dealer level' tool is what bricked the test ECM (TIS2WEB), I would expect Conti would laugh at you if you asked for their manufacturing hardware, but you could try (FWIW the ECM is made in France).
    Conti would supply GM with a functional ECM for GM to then put final software in at the plant or dealer, they wouldn't be sent from the factory to GM totally blank. Unfortunately it is that factory accessible data that gets wiped (corrupted) which is why TIS cannot be used to reverse the corruption because GM don't have access to it.

If this is something you really want to peruse until the end then you are probably better off just getting hold of an overseas ECM as someone else suggested, FYI, the service number of the overseas E98 is 55591599.

Good Luck.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    Yes and no, in theory the VGT learn should work, the injector flow programming I am not 100% sure on. We can do it for the 6.6L Duramax but as it has never been asked before on the E98 we've never looked in to it to know if the process it the same.

If I said don't bother would it matter
    The 'dealer level' tool is what bricked the test ECM (TIS2WEB), I would expect Conti would laugh at you if you asked for their manufacturing hardware, but you could try (FWIW the ECM is made in France).
    Conti would supply GM with a functional ECM for GM to then put final software in at the plant or dealer, they wouldn't be sent from the factory to GM totally blank. Unfortunately it is that factory accessible data that gets wiped (corrupted) which is why TIS cannot be used to reverse the corruption because GM don't have access to it.

If this is something you really want to peruse until the end then you are probably better off just getting hold of an overseas ECM as someone else suggested, FYI, the service number of the overseas E98 is 55591599.

Good Luck.
    You are a much nicer character to banter with vs the last guy! I'm not deterred and I have a bunch of my buddies with e98 rados on order... We will all be splitting the cost of the hardware required and I'm not afraid to go straight up and ask for the requirements of programming... Since gm only performs end of line programming I think it would be required to investigate VDO or conti hardware solutions.... Thanks for the $0.02

hacklerjason shoot me your phone # martin@madmanengineering.com

You are a much nicer character to banter with vs the last guy!
    You got me on a good day
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234