Thread: Closed Loop Idle v Open Loop Idle timer

Default Closed Loop Idle v Open Loop Idle timer

Im tuning a Manual GTO Monaro, with Comp Cams Mother Thumper cam.
    I have the tune virtually finished and nearly perfect, except for one thing.....
    If I am standing still, whether hot or cold, and I stab the gas pedal (little or lots), it appears to exit Closed Loop Idle and enter Open Loop, and the Idle steps go to 148 and stay there for approx 10 seconds before decaying. Also these 148 steps seem to be the drive away steps when driving off.
    The only thing that i have found that changes this amount in the software is B4350.
    Im happy with my Desired Airflow, but I had to change my IAC Effective Area so that at 116, 118 & 120 I have 200 steps. This dips down back to zero at zero.
    I have fine tuned this hot and cold and am happy how it all works........so long as I dont touch the gas pedal.
    B4350 originally was set at 84, but this would give me 100 steps if you touched the throttle, which would really struggle when cold.
    I have a 6.5ml hole in std TB, and it idles at 950rpm @ approx 30 steps when at normal operating temp (perfectly)
    The way i have it set up is ok when cold, as it can handle just 148 steps , but when it is hot 148 steps is too much and annoying if you touch the throttle at the lights, where it speeds up to about 1400rpm. If you let out the clutch and get moving, it quickly decays.
    I have logged most of the idle stuff and I can see that if the TC is active, which is only when you are moving, it will then decay.
    I have played with all the Cracker and Follower stuff but it makes no difference. Its not that bad the steps jumping to 148, but if i could decay it quicker, it would be good.
    Ive read as many posts here as i can find, but nothing that relates to this, including SSpdDmon's great bit of work.
    I wish my RoadRunner was still working....
    Has anyone any ideas....

What year and OS is this running?
    It's all good until it goes "Bang"

Its a 2002, with 0129001 1 bar OS

I can only suggest to log as many "air" & "idle" iac pids as you can to try and identify what is actually asking for the extra iac steps/airflow, you may need to do a couple of different logs to keep the pid count down.
    It's all good until it goes "Bang"