Thread: new guy here

Default new guy here

Well like the title says im new to this tuning thing. First off a little info you. I bought efilive cause the guy that tunes my car lives 3 hours away from me and he really never had the time to fine tune my idle he got the WOT and part throttle tuning pretty much spot on. Only problem iv ever had was my cold start and my idle coming to a stop or just low speed parking lot driving. It wants to surge untill im stopped. sya im coming up to a red light and start slowing down well my idle will go down to 1100 and slowly make its way to the 850 idle set point but if i dont stop fast enough or if i let off the brake and let the idle move my car forward it will surge up 1200 or 1300 and just back and forth like that till i stop again. well i gto around it doing that by at first just disabling the throttle cracker which was great until i was driving down the highway and puch on the brake and the converter unlocked and it tried to idle down to 850 while im doing 65mph and it started surging up and down under 1000 rpm till i either gave it some gas or it just died so i turd the TC back on and delt with the coming to a stop surge. now i have read all the idle help,tips, and tutorials i can find but i just cant figure out how to apply any of it im better at watching someone do it then trying it myself.
    Any more help or tips or heck even pics if you have any that would explain what and how to apply the log data i get would help me out a bunch.
    and i would post a log up and tune file up of my car but im currently at work right now and cant until i get my laptop on wifi.

specs on my car are ..
    2001 Camaro auto
    4k stall
    p&P 241 heads
    235/240 111lsa cam
    fast 92/92

Yes, please post your tune and some logs when you get a chance.

ok well now how do I put my tune on here for you to read. Cause I have my laptop hooked up to the web right now.

well never mind I think I figured it out
    Attached Files Attached Files

oh and I guess I didn't save my logs I had done but im sure I didn't log the right stuff anyways. that tune that I posted is what the car is running right now it is the way the guy who did my dyno and tuned my car has it setup

Post some logs.

well that's the thing I guess i didn't save any that I had made and im really not sure I was logging the right stuff
    I mean I have looked at all those threads you posted but some of those pids I cant find or keep over looking them ill try again after work tonight to make some log what Is the most important pids for me to log for you to be able to help me and I will log those.

Then try just the first link, see how you work thru it...

Idle-Tuning-Helpful-Info-Inside

BTW: you will have to read the scantool user manual pdf.

ok well here is my log from today its a rafpn a/c off and never mind the whole spark map thing I have going on with it I was just playing with that one to see what it did. and also im currently reading the scan tool pdf. I made the log befor I started reading it though so im sure I don't have it right
    Attached Files Attached Files